Best service department in SO CAL??

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
So of course I have been dealing with the dreaded engine knock/tick whatever you want to call it as well as 10r80 issues on my 2018 mustang gt. So I've called my local dealers near me and spoke the service advisers and NONE of them have had any 2018 mustangs in for either issue. That cant be true, but anyways i'm trying to find a dealer near me within reason that has experience working on these issues. Any one have any advice? I live in Camarillo and have called Visa Ford in both Oxnard and Woodland Hills, Simi Valley Ford, Ford of Ventura, Galpin Ford, and DCH Ford in Thousand Oaks
Sponsored

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
I have not needed a dealer in the 5 months we have been down but when I looked into it, Ken Grody Ford in Bueno Park was the most recommended.

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Definitely don't take it to Galpin, bunch of hacks working there
I called their service adviser and he was very rude, more less let me die on hold. I also drove out there before I ordered my mustang and they basically drove me out to the lot where they had the mustangs and said here you go and drove off... Terrible dealer

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I guess i'll just have to take my chances at one around here, can't drop my car off and not have it as its my daily driver. Unless I can get a loaner

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
Definitely don't take it to Galpin, bunch of hacks working there
I called their service adviser and he was very rude, more less let me die on hold. I also drove out there before I ordered my mustang and they basically drove me out to the lot where they had the mustangs and said here you go and drove off... Terrible dealer
I'll add another vote for that. Fuck Galpin. Their service department is terrible. Be prepared to just leave your car there for an indeterminate period of time. Asking for details or a timeframe gets you a response comprised of "Uh, I don't know. Whatever. Fuck off, quit asking me things."

They're the largest volume Ford dealer in the world. They literally couldn't give less of a shit about you on an individual level, especially once they've made the sale and you have to deal with their service department.

It's too bad, I bought a Ranger there a long time ago and the sales guy was actually a really decent guy. Recent experience has definitely been otherwise.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
I have heard that from more than 1 person. Their prices are not the lowest in this area I found a way better deal at Villa Ford in OC and I just saw Galpin Suburu in Santa Clarita closed over night.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
For some of the Shelby GT350 and GT350R owners, Raceway Ford in Riverside has some good experiences, especially working with Jim Moore (service advisor). I haven't yet gone there myself, but I've asked around and Raceway/Jim have been brought up a few times.

https://www.racewayford.com/meet-our-team

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Any other very good (ie, courteous, professional, know their Shelby-stuff) service departments in the so-Cal area? i mentioned raceway ford in riverside above, but it is a good 50-60 min drive for me. so-Cal'ers who have positive experiences, please reply so we can get some good references here.

Sponsored

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Second what Lightrules said, great service from Raceway and Jim Moore.
Oil change was about $140, no drips, no issues. Cost almost that to do yourself.

thanks for the tip Lightrules !

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
Bump for curiosity. A little pre-mature, but just doing a little research to at least know the most consistently good dealership for service around SoCal should any warranty or service work beyond me would be required for my R. I get a lot of mixed reviews with Raceway Ford. Also a bit of a stretch for me since I'm in the Pasadena area. Any trusted Ford Dealerships for service?

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
Trying to keep this one alive. As far as warranty work, or even just their service department in general, anyone have any insight on Ford of Upland?

SlowPanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2019 GT350R
Any experiences or insight on Advantage Ford Lincoln in Duarte? Yelp and google reviews seem to be consistent enough.
Sponsored