Sponsored

Best/Safest Tune Recommendations...2016 GT350?

oceantracks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Is Steeda still the safest route to take for a noticeable increase in performance (non track, just street) ?
Any suggestions appreciated!

This car is stock at this point.....20,000 miles on it. Great shape, etc.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If you have a manual transmission leave it alone. That said Steeda has a very safe tune. It will show better dyno results.

If you have an auto, yes definitely get a tune. But make sure it is a dyno tune or a remote tune so you can tell the tuner where you want the up and down shifts. Not sure about Steeda but many tuners think you are on a track even in D mode.

@SteedaTech?

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
If you have a manual transmission leave it alone. That said Steeda has a very safe tune. It will show better dyno results.

If you have an auto, yes definitely get a tune. But make sure it is a dyno tune or a remote tune so you can tell the tuner where you want the up and down shifts. Not sure about Steeda but many tuners think you are on a track even in D mode.

@SteedaTech?
GT350s donā€™t come in auto.

ā€œSafestā€ is definitely stock.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Iā€™ll say this much about tunes...I was never anti-tune, but maybe a tiny bit skeptical. I never doubted the numbers or anything like that, just maybe kinda felt it wasnā€™t in the bag for me as far as something i wanted to mess with, or worth the cost.

Fast forward to working on my sons coyote S197 car. We put a Lund tune in with nothing but a Steeda CAI and cat back exhaust. Hoooooo-Leeeeee cow. I was literally blown away at the difference the tune made. And not talking raw numbers or power. Iā€™m talking every day drivability, how smooth the engine ran, quality idle, all those quality of life factors. Everything, across the board. Who would have thought you could take a great running engine with already new plugs, new O2ā€™s, and everything, and make that much improvement. Crazy! Iā€™m sold.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford left a lot on the table on the first gen coyote.

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
I'm in California yet always use 100 or BND ACES IV (couldn't recommend that stuff more). I had a tune done for 91 with no enhancements and the request was to pass emissions, don't turn any sensor off, don't cook the converters, keep it conservative - just clean up what Ford provided. I maybe picked up 5 peak horsepower but about 20lbs of torque under the curve. Those numbers might not be impressive but the tip in response and drivability were substantial. Every motor is different and I've always put my cars on the rollers to clean up the stock tune and never had an issue, passes smog and improves drivability.

Reactions: ZeP

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

@SteedaTech?

Gotta love these posts from kids owing a 4 cylinder turbo mustang talking about tunes... golden.:)

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Gotta love these posts from kids owing a 4 cylinder turbo mustang talking about tunes... golden.
I'm a kid? Dude I'm 60 years old. The only turbo I had was a 740 Volvo back in 1984

Steeda has a proven safe tune. On the gen 2 engines is a tune worth the price???

To me it is not. Ford got it right.

If your car is an auto you may want better shift points, so I do recommend a tune. But only with a company that will listen to you. Steeda listened to me and I have a car that handles like I want and rides good on long trips.

I suppose they apply that same amount of customer service on their engine and tranny tunes as they do on their suspension mods.
Sponsored