camstaysrolen

camstaysrolen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Another vote for Steeda H pipe. Have it on my 21’ PP, best mod I’ve done . Sounds amazing. Have it installed for a year now and no active exhaust wiring harness problems. No exhaust tickets yet and don’t care if I do. Also have 15% tint and 30% is darkest legal here. You only live once, if the worst that comes out of it is an exhaust ticket I’ll be glad to pay up . Not like it’s a DWI .
Thanks for the positive energy and feedback, from all the responses i’m thinking steeda H pipe is the move!
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
GregO,
I agree with what Engineermike says in his testing with his setup below. I don’t think this would make any difference N/A.

“The setup is a Stage 2 Whipple 2018 Mustang A10, running 93 octane, the XDI HPFP, and the 3.625" pulley for about 13 psi boost”

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Steeda H pipe here with the active exhaust. It's like each mode is bumped up a notch. Normal becomes sport, sport becomes track and track is next level. To be honest I actually didn't like it from inside the car but when the mechanic took it for a test drive after an alignment I had to jump up in the lobby and see what bad-azz car was going by. I never heard it from outside and now I like it even more.

OP
OP
camstaysrolen

camstaysrolen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Steeda H pipe here with the active exhaust. It's like each mode is bumped up a notch. Normal becomes sport, sport becomes track and track is next level. To be honest I actually didn't like it from inside the car but when the mechanic took it for a test drive after an alignment I had to jump up in the lobby and see what bad-azz car was going by. I never heard it from outside and now I like it even more.
What do you not like about the inside cabin noise? is there a ton of drone with the h pipe?

Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What do you not like about the inside cabin noise? is there a ton of drone with the h pipe?
no drone or excessive cabin noise. On a 3000-mile road trip I did slip it to quiet mode every now and then (just because I'm old and I even turned the radio off to enjoy the quiet).

What I was referring to was when I would get on it I thought it sounded to tinny-raspy from inside but outside it sounds awesome. @MidwayJ can attest to the sound. He's heard it in person. I have zero regrets on the Steeda H-pipe.

EDIT: American Muscle has an extensive collection of YouTube videos on the various X and H pipes installed on an active exhaust car. They go through each mode back to back.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I don’t think this would make any difference N/A.
There's a post or two where a GT350 owner swapped to an H and picked up 10 HP N/A. To me 10 HP is a bunch with today's advance engines, the factory isn't leaving much on the table.
Shifteck advertises their H increases flow by 10% vs. OEM cast True X.
At the end of the day for me it's Oval tubing with Boom Tubes.....

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
no drone or excessive cabin noise. On a 3000-mile road trip I did slip it to quiet mode every now and then (just because I'm old and I even turned the radio off to enjoy the quiet).

What I was referring to was when I would get on it I thought it sounded to tinny-raspy from inside but outside it sounds awesome. @MidwayJ can attest to the sound. He's heard it in person. I have zero regrets on the Steeda H-pipe.

EDIT: American Muscle has an extensive collection of YouTube videos on the various X and H pipes installed on an active exhaust car. They go through each mode back to back.
Sound is subjective, but I actually agree with part of this. I find the stock mufflers sound extremely tinny after the resonator is removed, regardless if going with x or h or brand. Hence why there are full catback options to choose from to avoid. Others don't mind the tone of the oem ones. Like I said, sound is subjective.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Sound is subjective, but I actually agree with part of this. I find the stock mufflers sound extremely tinny after the resonator is removed, regardless if going with x or h or brand. Hence why there are full catback options to choose from to avoid. Others don't mind the tone of the oem ones. Like I said, sound is subjective.
Agreed on all points. I had a custom H pipe on my car for less than 24 hours before having the stock resonator welded back on as I found the sound to be too tinny (and the valves on the AE was rattling ever so slightly which annoyed me). I am curious on how the GT350 X with resonators sound like on the GT though, as I can't seem to find any youtube vids with this setup

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Thank you both! I’ve definitely been leaning towards the Steeda H- pipe, as I lean more towards the deeper and less raspy exhaust note. Thanks for the input!
I have the Steeda H-pipe on my 2020 GT with AE and love it!

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Well damn you all who love the Steeda H-pipe. Just ordered one, there goes another $300.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Have any of you had wiring harness problems with the active exhaust. I've read on here about them melting, causing issues after doing the resonator delete.
No issues for me, and had mine installed a year ago, with many long hot summer cruises since.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
This is a OEM GT350 resonated X with AWE touring axle back.
Thanks man! Still doesn't really help my case as this car's got AWE axle backs on em....still searching for a GT350 X pipe & res and stock mufflers (AE or not)
Sponsored