GR1MxREAPER

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
in reasonable comfort you can put 3 people in the car. my youngest is 6-4, his friends are shorter than him, most sub-6', with the additional leg room in the passenger front seat you can slide that forward a good bit and still have room for your average sub-30 yr old adult back there. granted your not taking a cross country trip like that but.... my 54 yr old and 6-1 250lb fat ass can get back there in 'reasonable' comfort for an hour drive somewhere. and yes I have bad knees to boot. just have to push that passenger seat forward a bit. so I wouldn't say its useless but it's not exactly a la-z-boy either. I would only delete if i was stripping the car down for racing. removing AC, installing plexi windows and fiberglass in place of some sheet metal. just my .02
No wayā€¦ Iā€™m 5ā€™ 11 and even behind passenger you wouldnā€™t want to ride in the back for 10 mins to grocery store.. lol. They are useless seats for adults. No one on the planet is putting adult friends back there and going further then a quick ride to show friends your car or a quick ride somewhere.
Sponsored

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
No wayā€¦ Iā€™m 5ā€™ 11 and even behind passenger you wouldnā€™t want to ride in the back for 10 mins to grocery store.. lol. They are useless seats for adults. No one on the planet is putting adult friends back there and going further then a quick ride to show friends your car or a quick ride somewhere.
my point is that it's expensive and not worth the effort for a street car. if you're going for total lightweight this might be one of the last things I'd bother with on a street car. at the very least keeping it will reduce noise coming in from the trunk space. but if you wanna do it, do it. if you want it to look factory use factory stuff, i think that's a no brainer if looks matter more than the weight savings.

OP
OP
GR1MxREAPER

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
my point is that it's expensive and not worth the effort for a street car. if you're going for total lightweight this might be one of the last things I'd bother with on a street car. at the very least keeping it will reduce noise coming in from the trunk space. but if you wanna do it, do it. if you want it to look factory use factory stuff, i think that's a no brainer if looks matter more than the weight savings.
yeah I agree, Iā€™ll keep the e rear seat in before I spend $500 let alone $1000 lol.Thatā€™s why I asked the question.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
yeah I agree, Iā€™ll keep the e rear seat in before I spend $500 let alone $1000 lol.Thatā€™s why I asked the question.
I would have to really not like someone to make them sit in the back seat of a Mustang and if I felt that way about them I wouldn't even let them in the car to begin with. I got a LMR kit back when they sold the rigid form fitted kit that was basically a copy of the factory GT350R piece. I think it was $299 delivered. The texture of the carpet does not match the GT350R part but it blends very well. Like the GT350R piece, it looks like it belongs there. A Mustang with a rear seat delete just looks like that's the way it was supposed to be. When I open my door to get in the car the driver's seat is slid back and the seatback is about a finger width away from the front of the delete. Even once I slide the seat forward to my driving position there is only about 4" between my seatback and the front of the delete.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Sponsored

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Is there a nice looking rear seat delete that also folds down?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
IDK about a hundred bucks worth of materials, but yes, its expensive compared to the really simple flat ones. You can get the Ford part for like $824, but expect to pay some shipping, cause its bulky.

I was aghast that it shipped with an entirely new back shelf, only to delete one tiny little child seat top anchor point. That shelf is probably 1/3rd of the cost right there.

It wasn't fun writing that check for just a seat delete, but I don't regret it. That seat delete is going to be in my interior for the rest of the car's life, so having a nice one is worth it to me. The molded composite its made from is pretty sturdy, and I was able to carry 3x mounted 315/30R18 tires and wheels back there for 1800 miles and 4 days of driving with narry a squeak or rattle.

You could splurge and get a carbon fiber one from anderson composites. Its only $2k ;)
I might consider a nice looking carbon fiber rear seat delete for looks? Never has anyone sat in the back seat and don't plan on doing so. Its just way to small to be useful so a nice looking, fitting CF one would be nice.

dbhajek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bud
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I was looking into that one, but look at the pics, its not very rigid like the OEM. There was a video I saw with someone putting it in a GT350 and it looked pretty flimsy.

Bud
I have this one on order and will finally be in next week. Only purpose it will serve for me is to cover up the bare metal and fuel pumps since it will be hidden behind my roll cage/bar anyways.

Sponsored

MidnightStars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Heh, figured the rear seat deletes don't fold down. That would definitely be a lovely addition. Maybe I'll just keep my rear seats removed, but keep the backrests in!

Edit

And that is perfect.

Oh that's very close to what I had in mind! Maybe chop those studs off and use magnets instead - that would be perfect for carrying my bike around

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I was looking into that one, but look at the pics, its not very rigid like the OEM. There was a video I saw with someone putting it in a GT350 and it looked pretty flimsy.

Bud
For sure itā€™s flimsy but itā€™s 1/10th the price of the FP one. Iā€™m prolly gonna go with the Watson one because itā€™s precut for their cages and looks beautiful installed (IMO).

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
This is the knock off version of the FP oneā€¦ supposedly a good oneā€¦?
Pics 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 look great but I think the floppy mess in pic number 2 is what you actually get for $120.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Pics 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 look great but I think the floppy mess in pic number 2 is what you actually get for $120.
Youā€™re probably right. Thereā€™s a couple people on here that have it and say itā€™s great but idk. If the purpose is weight at a price, just take the rear seat out and leave it like that right?
Sponsored