Best Rear seat delete that looks nice

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Wondering what are some good companies that make a high quality rear seat delete?
Sponsored

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the Ford one is the nicest IMHO. Can't beat factory fit and finish. Its just a little expensive.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Just curious: is there a weight savings?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
35lbs is not gonna be the difference between winning and loosing unless it's a max effort track car

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
MIne's a daily driver & commuter. I might consider a rear seat delete that turns the rear cabin into a secure stowage/convenience/easy access area for all my crap. Kind of in the spirit of George's under-desk sleeping setup on Seinfeld. Anybody make something like that? :crackup:

OP
OP
GR1MxREAPER

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
35lbs is not gonna be the difference between winning and loosing unless it's a max effort track car
Unless you have kids under 10 yrs old that are in the car a lot then the back seat is 100% useless so why not save 30-40lbs lol?

OP
OP
GR1MxREAPER

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah the Ford one is the nicest IMHO. Can't beat factory fit and finish. Its just a little expensive.
A littleā€¦.. $1000 for a seat delete lol. I donā€™t care how good it fits, itā€™s literally $100 worth of materials haha.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
A littleā€¦.. $1000 for a seat delete lol. I donā€™t care how good it fits, itā€™s literally $100 worth of materials haha.
IDK about a hundred bucks worth of materials, but yes, its expensive compared to the really simple flat ones. You can get the Ford part for like $824, but expect to pay some shipping, cause its bulky.

I was aghast that it shipped with an entirely new back shelf, only to delete one tiny little child seat top anchor point. That shelf is probably 1/3rd of the cost right there.

It wasn't fun writing that check for just a seat delete, but I don't regret it. That seat delete is going to be in my interior for the rest of the car's life, so having a nice one is worth it to me. The molded composite its made from is pretty sturdy, and I was able to carry 3x mounted 315/30R18 tires and wheels back there for 1800 miles and 4 days of driving with narry a squeak or rattle.

You could splurge and get a carbon fiber one from anderson composites. Its only $2k ;)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
True, but grams make oz and oz make lbs. Weight loss isn't one thing, its a bunch of small things which add up to measurable weight. No single change will be noticeable, but the sum of a lot of changes can be.

35 lbs at ~$24 dollars per pound isn't too bad if your car is on a diet plan like mine. For race seats you're probably paying ~$40/lb to shed that weight and things like a K-member swap are ~$20/lb not including the effort to do that install. Aluminum driveshaft? Probably $80/lb. Carbon fiber roof panel? Try $~3000 to save 9.5 lbs (~$290 per lb).

I'm debating trying to get down to 3350 lbs (min weight for my autocross class). Probably will cost another ~$7500 to get there, I estimate.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
IDK about a hundred bucks worth of materials, but yes, its expensive compared to the really simple flat ones. You can get the Ford part for like $824, but expect to pay some shipping, cause its bulky.

I was aghast that it shipped with an entirely new back shelf, only to delete one tiny little child seat top anchor point. That shelf is probably 1/3rd of the cost right there.

It wasn't fun writing that check for just a seat delete, but I don't regret it. That seat delete is going to be in my interior for the rest of the car's life, so having a nice one is worth it to me. The molded composite its made from is pretty sturdy, and I was able to carry 3x mounted 315/30R18 tires and wheels back there for 1800 miles and 4 days of driving with narry a squeak or rattle.

You could splurge and get a carbon fiber one from anderson composites. Its only $2k ;)
I absolutely agree with your thinking, fit & finish are key. Most of the cheapies shown in the ads sang.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I absolutely agree with your thinking, fit & finish are key. Most of the cheapies shown in the ads sang.
I have a cheap flat one. No squeaks, but the fit and finish are pretty meh. I just couldn't justify the Ford replacement. One would think at least one company out there would have made a knock off of the ford factory delete for half the price by now.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
Unless you have kids under 10 yrs old that are in the car a lot then the back seat is 100% useless so why not save 30-40lbs lol?
in reasonable comfort you can put 3 people in the car. my youngest is 6-4, his friends are shorter than him, most sub-6', with the additional leg room in the passenger front seat you can slide that forward a good bit and still have room for your average sub-30 yr old adult back there. granted your not taking a cross country trip like that but.... my 54 yr old and 6-1 250lb fat ass can get back there in 'reasonable' comfort for an hour drive somewhere. and yes I have bad knees to boot. just have to push that passenger seat forward a bit. so I wouldn't say its useless but it's not exactly a la-z-boy either. I would only delete if i was stripping the car down for racing. removing AC, installing plexi windows and fiberglass in place of some sheet metal. just my .02
Sponsored