yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Hey guys

I'll go soon to my GT350TrackAttack day, and I asked a friend if they don't offer gloves, and not, they don't. It's just the suit, and Helmet (with the FHR).
My question for those that go to the track often: Should I use gloves and what is the best option to get a better grip and steering wheel feedback?

I was watching the Sparco Arrow RG-7 Evo Racing Gloves.

PS: I will like to use them in my car to protect the Alcantara on my steering wheel.

Regards

SparcoArrowRG7EVO_05.jpg
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I have these:
https://www.sparcousa.com/product/tide-rg-9

They are absolutely the best gloves for Alcantara wheels. Looks like the newer ones you posted doesn't have the same grippy 3D HTX stuff. It's hard to tell from the pictures since the material is black now but look at all the white grippy material on the RG-9. That's what you want for Alcantara. It's mindblowing how much they grip the wheel.

https://store.windingroad.com/Sparco-Tide-Racing-Gloves

This looks like it has that material on certain main places on the palm and fingers so it should work just as well as mine. Just make sure you get one that has 3D HTX. Not just regular HTX material. The other ones might work fine but since you asked for the best...you can't beat the Tide line of gloves in my opinion.

If you have a racing shop close by, I highly suggest you try it out. Once you feel the difference, you'll understand immediately.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
To answer your first question, yes, you definitely want gloves for driving on track. Your hands will get sweaty during every session, and your steering wheel will start looking pretty bad after a while. (For that matter, I use gloves even when just driving around town, for exactly the same reason.)

I'm cheap, so I use these Sparco Land RG-3.1 gloves on track instead. No grippy texture, but they work well IMHO. (Around town, I just use Mechanix gloves from AutoZone.)

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Love me some Puma, but that’s a preference question. The only real question is whether you mind the stitching inside or outside the glove. At first the stitching bothered me, but now I can use either design without a problem.

99E5C76B-12AD-42EF-B51B-5DB6327B8859.jpeg

CD7F1EA8-DE9C-4F3F-9FE9-9812BF981D22.jpeg

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Thanks for the reminder. I’ll be wearing motorcycle gloves if I can remember to bring them ;-)

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I have these:

They are absolutely the best gloves for Alcantara wheels. Looks like the newer ones you posted doesn't have the same grippy 3D HTX stuff. It's hard to tell from the pictures since the material is black now but look at all the white grippy material on the RG-9. That's what you want for Alcantara. It's mindblowing how much they grip the wheel.

This looks like it has that material on certain main places on the palm and fingers so it should work just as well as mine. Just make sure you get one that has 3D HTX. Not just regular HTX material. The other ones might work fine but since you asked for the best...you can't beat the Tide line of gloves in my opinion.

If you have a racing shop close by, I highly suggest you try it out. Once you feel the difference, you'll understand immediately.

I second these. Those little octopus tentacle things are grippy as hell

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Yes, you should wear gloves. In fact, most driving events require them now. In the event of a fire, the skin on the top of your hands is very thin. It protects tendons needed to use your hands to do things like open doors.

Sponsored
OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
I have these:

The tide rg9 gloves are out of stock. the tide racing seems to be newer, but those are as good as yours?

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
I have these:

I was able to place an order from Z1 Motorsport (Sparco Tide RG-9 Racing Gloves)!
Thanks, @raiderjatt02, and all you guys for helping me!

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
The tide rg9 gloves are out of stock. the tide racing seems to be newer, but those are as good as yours?
Glad you got the RG-9! Even if you couldn't find them and got the Tide Racing gloves, I'm pretty sure they would be just as good. I think the Tide Racing ones are newer because I didn't see those available when I bought mine 5 years ago. Looks like they toned it down on the 3D HTX but kept it in the most important places. You're gonna love them either way.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have really liked my Alpine Stars gloves, and they were among the first to have a grippy material that was good for both alcantara/ suede and leather. The Sparco ones look pretty slick too - I am ready for new gloves this year so I will check those out!
How can you differentiate between gloves that are good for alcantara vs. a leather wheel (changed to a mostly leather & CF wheel)?

OP
OP
yosv0610

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Glad you got the RG-9! Even if you couldn't find them and got the Tide Racing gloves, I'm pretty sure they would be just as good. I think the Tide Racing ones are newer because I didn't see those available when I bought mine 5 years ago. Looks like they toned it down on the 3D HTX but kept it in the most important places. You're gonna love them either way.
Hey man! They just cancelled my order. Those gloves are discontinued from Sparco (which I know) so won’t be available anymore. I think I need the newer version of them. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored

Last edited: