Sponsored

Best place to mount oil Catch Can

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Performance at the factory location works pretty damn well, IMHO.
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Well, that's the strut tower, but (relatively) close.

A word of caution on this one - when I got my Bob's Oil Catch Can, the screw they provided was not long enough to engage enough threads to be safe.
I had the same problem, but the one of the old screws left over after mounting the new TB from the Stage 2 PP kit worked perfectly.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Well, that's the strut tower, but (relatively) close.

A word of caution on this one - when I got my Bob's Oil Catch Can, the screw they provided was not long enough to engage enough threads to be safe. I went to the local Ace, True Value, Home Depot, and Lowe's, and couldn't find a longer screw that fit the threads. I ended up having to get a screw that was long enough, and run a tap through the firewall hole. No big deal, just annoying.

JR
Mine was plug and play with supplied hardware. Very solid and a great location.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I had the same problem, but the one of the old screws left over after mounting the new TB from the Stage 2 PP kit worked perfectly.
Mine was plug and play with supplied hardware. Very solid and a great location.
Yeah, it seems hit or miss. To their credit, Bob's offered to send me a new bolt that was longer, but I was able to source one locally. This weekend, I actually replaced the PCV fittings on the hoses, and re-mounted mine. I couldn't even get the longer bolt to thread properly, so I ended up getting a longer 7mm bolt and using a nut on the bottom with some threadlocker.

JR

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I have the Mishimoto catch can on the passenger side of my 2019. It's a nicely-made piece, but you do have to remove the radiator cover to drain it. Mishimoto makes a drain line that you can install to drain from the bottom of the can, but it would still be difficult to access the valve in the line without removing the cover.

PXL_20200926_185210374.jpg
Sponsored