Best Place To Get OEM TPMS?

PaulyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just bought two TPMS-39 sensors for my car from motorcraft. Do they need to be programmed or will my GT350 recognize them after a few miles?
Sponsored

nimblepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Assuming that's the right sensor for your car, I would assume you need to at least use the TPMS tool to sync them with the car. Back when I had my '13 Mustang, I bought a set with TPMS in them from American Muscle and got the TPMS tool with it. My memory is far from perfect but I think it is a $200 item.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Assuming that's the right sensor for your car, I would assume you need to at least use the TPMS tool to sync them with the car. Back when I had my '13 Mustang, I bought a set with TPMS in them from American Muscle and got the TPMS tool with it. My memory is far from perfect but I think it is a $200 item.
Not the case for me. I purchased a new TPMS set for my spare wheels. Installed and mounted the tires and that was it. Worked fine without needing to sync anything.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I just bought two TPMS-39 sensors for my car from motorcraft. Do they need to be programmed or will my GT350 recognize them after a few miles?
Generally the genuine Ford (Motorcraft) ones will sync up automatically with no problems. Occasionally they'll get confused - it happened to me twice with the same set of track tires - but other than that the rest just connect and go. I did eventually buy a Motorcraft TPMS-19 sync tool - it was about $30 or so if I remember correctly and now I just keep it in the car and train the system every time I swap tires (every couple of weeks).