Sponsored

Best place to buy shortblock?

C.Stanley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Looking for opinion on the best place to buy a shortblock capable of holding Around 1200hp!
Sponsored

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Are you sticking with coyote? Your best choice may be to buy the internals and have a good local machine shop put it together. As far as I can find, there is no Ford built coyote crate motor with forged internals right now.

Edit: For off the shelf purposes, AMS offers a built shortblock

Last edited:

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
Looking for opinion on the best place to buy a shortblock capable of holding Around 1200hp!
I would recommend that you discuss the issue with L&M Engines in Malvern PA. They have extensive experience building high horsepower Mustangs and you can see their more or less standard offerings on their web site. This won't come cheap, however!

Best,
<TED>

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Are you sticking with coyote? Your best choice may be to buy the internals and have a good local machine shop put it together. As far as I can find, there is no Ford built coyote crate motor with forged internals right now.

Edit: For off the shelf purposes, AMS offers a built shortblock
The Ford Racing Aluminator is as "Ford" as it gets and comes with warranty. May be pushing it with 1200hp though on the stock sleeves.

MPR, JPC both I have heard of good reviews.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
The Ford Racing Aluminator is as "Ford" as it gets and comes with warranty. May be pushing it with 1200hp though on the stock sleeves.

MPR, JPC both I have heard of good reviews.
No doubt but they're not being made anymore from what I can tell.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The Aluminator is alive and well and is available for purchase at various different vendors.

They may be switching over to the Gen 3 version as they seem to only carry the most recent version, but you can still buy the older Gen 2 until they run out.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Ah that explains why I couldn't find one. I was stuck between that and the FP 460. This doesn't help.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
MPR.
Sponsored