Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Our standard Windstorm CAI is a fantastic no tune cold air system. We do offer a tune required version as well called the Severe Windstorm. The tune required sees a substantial increase in power. The no-tune offers power increase and increased engine intake sound along with a dry filter element.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Here we go yet again! Lol

Tons of info on this subject, I suggest using the search feature...

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
PMAS is the only CAI that gets true gains on a no tune car, all the others is myth and snake oil. Even any reputable tuner will tell you this as well. The only way a CAI can make more power is with a larger maf tube which requires a re-tune.

PMAS get around that by supplying a pre-calibrated maf sensor in their "no tune" verison.

I've seen several no tune CAI's make zero extra power on the dyno and yield zero gains in the quarter mile.

If your not tuning, the stock CAI works superbly well with a K&N panel filter and something like a Mishimoto or Airaid module intake tube for throttle response and smoothness.

To gain power and quicker quarter mile grab a PMAS no tune required they get true gains of around 10WHP and 15lb/ft with 0.1-0.2s reduction in quarter mile time with 1-2mph faster terminal. On the basis you stage pretty quick, otherwise IAT's can raise fast due to the open design and the ECU will pull timing in the first 1/8 mile.

Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Can't they fix the search button here?:rant:

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Listen to gibbo

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Just get a used moduler intake tube or silicone induction hose, and put a drop in filter! You will have a real cold air intake for the summer and its probably within couple of hp's compared to the intakes like pmas. Especially when the hood is down! Save yourself some money!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
To gain power and quicker quarter mile grab a PMAS no tune required they get true gains of around 10WHP and 15lb/ft with 0.1-0.2s reduction in quarter mile time with 1-2mph faster terminal. On the basis you stage pretty quick, otherwise IAT's can raise fast due to the open design and the ECU will pull timing in the first 1/8 mile.
This is what will kill you. I've had various open-element cai's and the only one that didn't skyrocket in temps when idle/not moving is the GT350 cai. It's the only one that seems to maintain a seal against the hood and keep temps within reason. When I was drag racing with the JLT and Steeda temps would jump to 140+ when staging (stock and Airaid would never be anywhere near that hot). The PMAS has the identical box/heat shield as JLT w/out even a tube to the grill so it should be even worse.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
This is what will kill you. I've had various open-element cai's and the only one that didn't skyrocket in temps when idle/not moving is the GT350 cai. It's the only one that seems to maintain a seal against the hood and keep temps within reason. When I was drag racing with the JLT and Steeda temps would jump to 140+ when staging (stock and Airaid would never be anywhere near that hot). The PMAS has the identical box/heat shield as JLT w/out even a tube to the grill so it should be even worse.
I can confirm this, PMAS raises real fast, unless you modify it to reduce IAT's.

I now have the GT 350 CAI, it is a far better quality product and as per your findings its IAT's are pretty much on par with the stock air box and it looks great too. :)

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost, 2016 GT
Hey [MENTION=24401]thegreenmachine[/MENTION]!

Take a look at our Performance Intake Development thread! Our fully enclose kit has produced a good bit of reliable and repeatable power throughout the entirety of our testing. Below is a peek at what the final production airbox looks like when our Engineer was test fitting the kit onto our Ruby Red S550.

2aaa4oy.jpg

It's also on Presale! During this time, you can get this kit at a price that will be significantly marked down from MSRP before it is officially on the market. Be sure to check out that product page and stop by our Engineering Blog as well whenever you have a chance. Happy hunting! :thumbsup:

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Stock.