Sponsored

Best Performance All Season Tires for Stock PP Wheels?

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
Hi guys,

Every google article seems to be outdated or there’s new tires coming out that haven’t been reviewed yet, so i’m just looking for first hand feedback if you guys replaced the pirelli summer tires.

i have a 2016 GTPP, still going to use the stock wheels so what are the best recommended high performance all seasons? I live in new york but i’m not going to drive it in the snow but definitely freezing temperatures, rain and then normal summer conditions.

thanks!
Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Hi guys,

Every google article seems to be outdated or there’s new tires coming out that haven’t been reviewed yet, so i’m just looking for first hand feedback if you guys replaced the pirelli summer tires.

i have a 2016 GTPP, still going to use the stock wheels so what are the best recommended high performance all seasons? I live in new york but i’m not going to drive it in the snow but definitely freezing temperatures, rain and then normal summer conditions.

thanks!
I just made that decision myself. I have a Roush RS2 based off the PP1 platform. I went with a square setup. 19x8.5s with Conti Extreme Contact DWS06's in 255 40R19s. I am literally waiting on my torque wrench to arrive so I can install them. So unfortunately I can't really comment. Only to say that I'm a research hound and that was the best bang for buck upper tier AS tire that does have good snow/ice ability for an All Season. I live in Southern Indiana and it hit 60 the other day. So if I had winters and took that 2 hour round trip highway commute to work, I'd have been seeing the miles tick off those tires like a slot machine! We got some big snow for us, but per usual, it's plowed off the roads quickly. All Seasons just made the most sense for me. I'm really just putting them on to test them out and see if they are all ok as I had them delivered mounted and balanced and don't want to wait till next November to find out I got a bum wheel. I could probably be in Summer Tire mode already here so if all ok I won't keep them on long.

jsmith1639

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT "California Special"
My wife put Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II tires on her 2017 5.0 convertible California Special (255/40 R19). Those tires handled really well in the snow. The Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II are touring tires.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys,

thanks!
Based on the reviews I've read:

1. Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate (if available in the sizes you need)

2. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4

If driving in light snow, then the Continental DWS06 is a good option.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. I run them on my car which is a daily driver. Work great in freezing temps and rain but also work really well in the warmer months, even better than the stock summer Pirellis.

Sponsored

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
Michelin A/S3+. I loved those tires. Not one bad thing to say.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I know there's a lot of Michelin love here - but I can't say enough good things about the General G-Max As-05. I have 19x10 square setup on my '19 and have 275/40/19 all the way around and these tires are great. Snow, rain - zero issues. Great performer in the dry too.

I put these on my wife's '17 EB ragtop after I ran mine for a few months. She had newer Goodyears (installed by dealership before we bought it) and she's not really a car person and even she noticed the difference - especially road noise (lack thereof) and handling difference in the rain.

50K mile warranty as well.

Are the Michelins better? They may very well be better. Are they over $100 a tire better than the Generals?

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ctandc72, on those Generals, I've seen good reviews, but I've also seen a few complaints that the tires flat spot when parked overnight, and take a while to smooth out when you start driving again. Have you noticed anything like that? Thanks.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Ctandc72, on those Generals, I've seen good reviews, but I've also seen a few complaints that the tires flat spot when parked overnight, and take a while to smooth out when you start driving again. Have you noticed anything like that? Thanks.
I responded to the OP with what I'm seeing at the very top of the most recent reviews, but I actually have been running the General AS/05s on my car for the past year and a half. I've had no issues with flat spots. My car sometimes sits two days without being driven at all, and still no such issue. I think the Generals overall are very good for the money. Stable, good handling, and reasonably quiet. The biggest weakness is they just don't have the traction to cope with the power of these cars, but I don't know how much better the top rated AS tires would be. Since I live in Texas I am contemplating replacing them with summer tires when they wear out.

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I run the BF Goodrich Comp-2 A/S, it's perfect for my DD in the conditions here where an average day is 45 and raining. In summer time it's near if not equal to the factory Pirelli summer tires as far as anyone can tell street driving. I contemplated the Michelin A/S 3 on the last tire change but for the price difference I just couldn't image there was that much more to be had.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ perform about as well as most summer performance tires, but still give you the ability to drive in cold temperatures and light snow. Worth every penny!

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Only had the Conti's out in the dry so far. I went with 19" and 40's replacing my 20 and 35 Summer setup. I definitely notice a ride difference. Quite a bit more compliant. I assume it's a combination of softer compound and more sidewall. With the softer ride, also comes a little squishier feel in the corners. I haven't had any highway stretches yet, but have had it at higher speeds and I'm not hearing any tire noise that I would deem annoying at all. So far, so good. Seem like a good compromise between AS/3 performance and BFG price.

jon2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP 401a TY
For anyone who has switched from factory PP1 to all-season tires, can you comment on the change in steering response? Are we losing much crisp response changing down to all seasons?

I'm particularly curious about the Michelin AS3+.

Thanks

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I switched to Atturo AZ850's in the stock size 255/40R/19 square on factory rims and have been extremely satisfied with these tires. Many of the Dodge forums have positive comments about these tires and many Hellcats, etc seem to do very well on them. Price is unbelievable for what you get. Mine delivered were approximately $110 per tire. They handle the power better than the Pirellis did, ride great, are quiet, and seem to be longer lasting than original P's. Check out many YouTube videos on these tires.
Sponsored