Sponsored

Best option for 50 state legal and warranty?

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Ok, so i traded my 2015 mustang GT with whipple 18 months ago for a cayman GTS. Love the cayman, but miss the HP and raw noise. I am looking to get back into a 2020 GT with a supercharger. I want 700'ish HP, 50 state legal and a warranty.

Is rousch the answer? I've been off the forum for a while. Ready to get back to some good old American v8 muscle.

Am i overly worried about the warranty? I do need CA legal in case on transfer.
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The best option is to buy a vehicle that comes with a power adder from the OEM. Next is Roush, after that it gets limited to some dealerships that specialize in performance upgrades (but localized to that dealer).

My personal opinion is that warranties outside of Ford Motor company are highly dubious as there's a zillion ways any manufacturer can get out of them and most of the time they're limited to just their product (and not the ensuing mayhem for other parts/components that break or fail associated with their part). You'll find that even Ford's warranty can be a bit sketchy in certain ways. Many of the GT350 horror stories involve cars that go in for an issue only to come back out with more issues (Ford "tech" is a term that should be taken with a grain of salt, some of the early Voodoo failures were as simple as the techs not installing front splitters properly or not torqueing oil filters properly). Most of the time people sleep under a warranty with comfort, but the reality is less than silky once there's a problem. Granted, for every person that has a horror story, there's as many or more that have a good experience, but my point is, value a warranty with both eyes open, they're not always as rock solid as many people would believe and being forced to let Ford service your vehicle (always) can be a roll of the dice itself.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Roush Phase 2 comes with 3/36 warranty and 750hp/670tq. Best warranty kit period. Roush stands behind their warranty and no gimmicks.

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Screw the warranty. It’s not worth it for the canned tune that is terrible. I’m in CA and have an Edelbrock Stage 2 with Lund tune. To pass smog, all I have to do is reload the Edelbrock tune. Roush and Whipple canned tunes are slightly better, but still not worth it in my opinion.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It has to be ford approved and installed by the dealership in order to keep your warranty. Talk to your dealer and see what they will install. Some dealerships are more open than others when it comes to modifications

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
You can check out our Steeda Performance Line of Mustangs that are 50-state compliant - let me know if I can put you in contact with one of our built experts to talk about a custom package for your S550

http://www.steedavehicles.com/

IMG_9037.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

Blue+Q850+StreetFighter+31.jpg

Steeda.Silver.Red.7.jpg

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes Roush is the answer for warranty, everyday street driving and the occasional trip to mexico. If you aren't racing and have no plan to race then every counter to roush is irrelevant.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
You can check out our warranty details here.
Sponsored