Sponsored

Best method to sell 5.0 Mustang?

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I just sold a GT. I tried a lot of online sellers. The best offers I got were from kbb.com and shift.com. A friend of mine also sold his car to shift.
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Back in July 2021 when I sold my '15 GT PP, the best offers I got were from "private" dealers. I was offered several thousand (10-15%) less by all of the big players I tried. Carvana, Carmax, Vroom...

In my very limited experience, your local dealers are probably the best middle ground between getting a good price and having very little hassle to deal with. Private sales are a PITA. If you have a family and a job, don't f!ck with that mess. Stealerships suck, but being a used car middleman might be their one worthwhile value add.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
You said, and I quote;

There's nothing majorly different "these days" than, in general, any other time. The world isn't a "crazy place" now versus any other time period.
Jesus Christ why do I waste time responding to people on this forum. You’re an idiot.

Sponsored

04mazdaspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
ive sold 3 cars to carmax this year alone. They were the highest offer. Vroom, and Carvana were lower. Dealers wouldnt touch carmax offer. 33k is a fair offer. They will most likely turn around and sell it for 36k. Carmax is nice that you get a check on the spot and boom, your done.

uptoolayte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeb
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I used TRED and they take care of all the financial details so it doesn't matter if the car is financed or if the buyer is financing, Tred takes care of all of it.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
1985 Renault Turbo Fuego
I sold a few cars this summer through algonation - better price than carmax / vroom / carvana.
however was looking to sell an f150 last week and they weren't the best offer, nor was the dealer.

Bottom line: do your homework, check the big buyers (I would also check algonation), and then weigh the extra money you could get selling private party vs. the convenience of selling to a company or a dealer. money vs. time.

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT/CS Vert-'18 Volvo XC60-16" MKC
I sold my 2013 GT Convertible to Carmax in January while waiting for my new 2022 to arrive. In addition to offering the best price, Carmax had a local location where I was able to personally take my cat & leave with a check in hand, eliminating any concerns about dealing online & wondering when or if I would get paid. It took all of about 40 minutes.