w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey folks,

I have a 21 GT PP w/magneride. I want to get some better handling out of there car and improve the looks by throwing a good set of springs on it that work with the magneride system. Ive looked at Steeda, BMR, and Ford performance. Im open to any and all suggestions and to help you help me heres what I'm after.

- No dramatic height drops, I still want to drive through Central PA without breaking body parts.
- I'm okay with losing a little ride quality but not to the point where its obnoxious to go on a road trip.
- It seems like there's more gap in the front than the rear? So ones that maybe drop more in the front.
- I will be doing a Whipple kit so idk if that needs taken into account.
Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
You could get the BMR springs made for Magneride. That's what I got. For the first 20 miles the car squeaked like a sumbitoch now it's nice and quiet. Car only cane down about 1 inch.

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I just put on the Ford Performance M-9602-M Magneride Handling Pack yesterday. Without tuning or alignment I took it out or a drive in track mode and it’s on rails with the 285/305 MP4S tires. Tuning later today… but ride is still nice and very flat. Lowered the car a solid 3/4”. Super stoked with it.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I just put on the Ford Performance M-9602-M Magneride Handling Pack yesterday. Without tuning or alignment I took it out or a drive in track mode and it’s on rails with the 285/305 MP4S tires. Tuning later today… but ride is still nice and very flat. Lowered the car a solid 3/4”. Super stoked with it.
Photos or it didn't happen. 😁

Sponsored

Mencho349

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Mine has the slant nose on account of the Whipple with Magneride. Would springs correct that or drop the nose even more than it is now?
1DF3B10C-7FAD-4330-BA87-20E9E5E50890.jpeg

OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Your twister orange looks great! What wheels are those?

Sponsored

baezj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
After narrowing my choices to BMR, Steeda, and FP I opted to go with the FP M-5300-W Lowering Springs only because if I have any future issues with magneride the ford dealerhip service can't claim that aftermarket springs caused the problem. Now, this is was individual choice (my car is only a few months old) and I am not trying to second guess what other vendor choices individuals are making out there.

I went with the W springs because I wanted a mild drop (especially in front) and installing these springs addressed that short-coming. I also feel that they ride is somewhat improved in 2 ways. The stang feels more planted during acceleration and hi speed cornering has improved. Obviously these are subjective but nonetheless that is how it feels to me. Finally, the suspension does not feel any harsher l but I live in a relatively pot hole free area.

I did the install myself and took me about 4 hours. I took my time. The hardest parts of the install (not in any order) was 1. removing the brembo caliper bolts they must have been torqued to 1,000 lbs or something from the factory 2. hammering the strut bolts out they were really well seated and 3. getting enough room on the rear to remove the springs (both sides) and install the new ones I needed a second person to push down on the subframe being mindful to not over extend the magneride sensor which I guess I could have removed but chose not too.)

I have attached before and after from far away just to give an idea of the new stand. I did not take any measurements or take close ups. I do not regret doing this mod in any way. Good luck with whatever you chose to do! JB
mustang before drop.jpeg
mustang after drop.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Thanks Matt, I think I'm leaning FP for the same reasons. And you say the "W" but I only see 1 set offered by ford performance can you elaborate?

baezj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thanks Matt, I think I'm leaning FP for the same reasons. And you say the "W" but I only see 1 set offered by ford performance can you elaborate?
FP M-5300-W.

FP has other 5300 series springs but I guess only the W is for their magneride equipped vehicles so technically speaking you are correct. I modified my original post to be more precise.

I am not Matt but I believe the question was for me. I'm JB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
w3ab1ak91

w3ab1ak91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
FP M-5300-W.

FP has other 5300 series springs but I guess only the W is for their magneride equipped vehicles so technically speaking you are correct. I modified my original post to be more precise.

I am not Matt but I believe the question was for me. I'm JB.
Lol sorry, no clue where I got Matt from. I constantly have emails and texts coming through as I'm at work now so idk where my mind was! Nice thing is one of my dealerships is Ford so I get FP parts for cheap. Also do you think these springs will be fine when I have the Whipple installed? I know its about 100lbs of weight added to the front.

5.0Raj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raj
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT, 2019 Acura MDX A-Spec
Looks great! I also went with the FP X springs (i don't have magride). And specifically for the same reason as you with warranty. My car is only 4 wees old. I love the stance, especially the raked look as the rear doesn't drop a whole lot more than stock. (i'm good with that). Did you get your alignment done? What is your front camber readings? I'm currently a -1.6 and -1.7. I have Camber bolts that i'm scheduled to put in on Wednesday so that i can get my alignment back into spec, but i'm on the fence. Alot of guys are saying my alignment is good for the street and won't cause tire wear. I might put them on anyways and dial back the camber just for piece of mind. Here is a shot of what mine looks like with the FP Springs

1623092529652.png
Sponsored