OP
Bullitt69

Bullitt69

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Wazslow, you're correct - OPG/CS were installed. Mechanic had a hard time finding a puller that would work I recall. Wondering if it was the first he did on an 18, but I know he triple checks everything and follows Ford Manuals for the procedure.

Wow, I just don't see this happening too often here, I'll do a search on it soon though.
Advertisement

OP
OP
Bullitt69

Bullitt69

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Gen 3 Aluminator for SC looks appealing (9.5.1 compression)- kinda pricey though.

Can't find much info on the Predator, is it available yet?

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/A10/Whipple En-route
Wazslow, you're correct - OPG/CS were installed. Mechanic had a hard time finding a puller that would work I recall. Wondering if it was the first he did on an 18, but I know he triple checks everything and follows Ford Manuals for the procedure.

Wow, I just don't see this happening too often here, I'll do a search on it soon though.
Sorry to hear about your failure. Going forward, consider using a experienced coyote shop. I drove my stock GT from FL to NC to have my work done, and drove home problem free with 800rwhp.

OP
OP
Bullitt69

Bullitt69

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Yea, I'm thinking of doing just that, maybe get a quote from RareFab/PBD

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/A10/Whipple En-route
Yea, I'm thinking of doing just that, maybe get a quote from RareFab/PBD
Can’t go wrong there, but I would get with Signature Speed in NC as well. Anthony Ballard had the best pricing which is why I went with him.

BlackandBlue

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 10 Gear
The aluminators are prickly for what you get.

If I were you I would make a list of goals before you go down this road. Get a HP goal and what you want to do with the car goal.
There are many guy here with extremely fast cars that have done a very good job building super fast cars.

@80FoxCoupe being one of the best examples I have seen in a long time. Check out his build thread.

Last edited:

engineermike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Gen 3 Aluminator for SC looks appealing (9.5.1 compression)- kinda pricey though.

Can't find much info on the Predator, is it available yet?
I’ve had my eye on both. Looks like the aluminator SC is available in short block form for probably close to $6k. The predator is similar but an extra 8 cid if that’s worth anything to you.

The compression ratio at 9.5/1 is a little lower than I would go, given the option. I’d like to see around 10 or 10.5/1 since we have gdi. But with the only other option being 12/1, if on 93 I would go 9.5. The good news is at 9.5/1 with gdi you can run some real boost, especially since you are turbocharged.

OP
OP
Bullitt69

Bullitt69

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Question: I was looking at the Aluminator SC, and although it's built for SC / FI applications, the warranty information doesn't say it covers it? Ugh, are there no engine companies that offer a warranty for FI? (I mean, I would have thought if it could be proven it was properly tuned maybe?)

See the 5th Bullet point down:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-engine-warranty.pdf

engineermike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
It kinda bugs me that the Gen3 aluminator is basically a production 5.0 with upgraded rods and pistons.

BlackandBlue

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 10 Gear
It kinda bugs me that the Gen3 aluminator is basically a production 5.0 with upgraded rods and pistons.
That’s why the easiest route is to but a stock SB and drop some pistons in it. The stock rods are more than strong enough bellow 1k.

engineermike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
That’s why the easiest route is to but a stock SB and drop some pistons in it. The stock rods are more than strong enough bellow 1k.
If mahle made a 10.5/1 piston I think that would be my lead option.

BlackandBlue

Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 10 Gear
If mahle made a 10.5/1 piston I think that would be my lead option.
If you are going E, 12:1 would be your best option. Hell the factory pistons will last on E as long as you don’t cook them. I think the factory pistons would work with 93 if the rings were regapped to allow the extra heat expansion. Most failures I have seen have been busted ring lands.

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 6
Advertisement