Best H-pipe for 3rd gen Coyote GT

4eternity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have been looking for the differences on H-pipes but couldn't really find anything other than their steel grades. Seems like the main options are 409 and 304.

There are so many brands selling H-pipe but i would like to know if the sound difference is really correlating with the volume and tone between these brands.

Steeda
Mishimoto
Roush
Corsa HH
Pypes
C&L
MRT
Accelatec
Or just a local shop HPipe

These are the ones I find so far. Prices vary from $130 to over $600 so it feels like there should be a lot of difference between these H pipes.

Please let me know if you think they don't make much of a difference, or if you think it does, which one is better.

2021 GT Premium w/Active Valve Exhaust
Thanks in advance.
I have a 2019 Mustang GT PP1 with Active Exhaust and recently put Borla Switchfire on and man it sounds great! Absolutely NO DRONE...just great sounding exhaust! Actually it was quite a surprise!

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
They have some of the brands i listed but i did not see a lethal Performance brand h pipe there. I know that they sell the corsa extreme catback System with a double h pipe exclusively on Lethal but nothing for h pipe alone.
You can buy the HH as a stand alone without the exhaust.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Anybody knows if the Corsa Double H-pipe is any good? Or is it just a gimmick compared to a regular H pipe?
Double H pipes are gimmicks. Steeda H pipe is awesome, and a really great price. X pipe will give you a few more HP, H pipe gives you a few more TQ.

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
I've been rocking a Roush H pipe on mine since week one back in early 19. love it, with the active its the best set up for sound and sound control. Does get a little tinny rattle sound at some cruising speeds when in sport or track. And the 2.5 pipes do sound tinny at some rpms when your not in it. Have had to replace the clamps once and getting the pipes to sit right can be a pain and never stay factory prefect. I've seen this same issue with the X pipe cut and clamps too.
Thinking about the Double H for the Mach 1 coming in at the end of the month, I've been curious about any tone differences or a better fit. Recordings do nothing like hearing both side by side in person.

OP
OP
yuduk

yuduk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
I've been rocking a Roush H pipe on mine since week one back in early 19. love it, with the active its the best set up for sound and sound control. Does get a little tinny rattle sound at some cruising speeds when in sport or track. And the 2.5 pipes do sound tinny at some rpms when your not in it. Have had to replace the clamps once and getting the pipes to sit right can be a pain and never stay factory prefect. I've seen this same issue with the X pipe cut and clamps too.
Thinking about the Double H for the Mach 1 coming in at the end of the month, I've been curious about any tone differences or a better fit. Recordings do nothing like hearing both side by side in person.
I got the steeda h pipe installed to mine and it's been great experience since. I was having the same question so I asked the exhaust shop as they have been installing lots of 2.5 inch and 3 inch midpipes and they told me for the money steeda is the best h pipe option for 3rd gen coyotes. The shop owner said the sound difference is very minimal and doesn't really accommodate with the cost for corsa HH.

Last edited:

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I had a custom H pipe fab'd up by a trusted exhaust shop here, and after having it on for < 1 day I switched it back to stock resonator. I just didn't like the amount of rasp (even tho it's a H pipe), and now that I've been back to stock for over 2 weeks I've been loving it. At least I know now.

OP
OP
yuduk

yuduk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a custom H pipe fab'd up by a trusted exhaust shop here, and after having it on for < 1 day I switched it back to stock resonator. I just didn't like the amount of rasp (even tho it's a H pipe), and now that I've been back to stock for over 2 weeks I've been loving it. At least I know now.
Imo, there's no way to avoid the rasp with a modified exhaust that increase the volume in the nature of coyotes. With that said, awe and borla are the deepest sound I heard with the least rasp you get on volume increases. Awe doesn't work with the active exhaust so I tend to go with borla s type catback in the future.

Sponsored

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Imo, there's no way to avoid the rasp with a modified exhaust that increase the volume in the nature of coyotes. With that said, awe and borla are the deepest sound I heard with the least rasp you get on volume increases. Awe doesn't work with the active exhaust so I tend to go with borla s type catback in the future.
No you're definitely right on that one. Exhaust has always been the first time I change on my cars, but this is the first V8 i got, so the bar for sound quality was set pretty high from the jump.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I got the steeda h pipe installed to mine and it's been great experience since. I was having the same question so I asked the exhaust shop as they have been installing lots of 2.5 inch and 3 inch midpipes and they told me for the money steeda is the best h pipe option for 3rd gen coyotes. The shop owner said the sound difference is very minimal and doesn't really accommodate with the cost for corsa HH.
It's a fantastic option - been very happy with the unit I installed on my 2019 Mustang.

Thanks for sharing.

TJ

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Did you notice any cabin drone with the H Pipe? I had a problem with that before where on a long trip it was too much.

OP
OP
yuduk

yuduk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you notice any cabin drone with the H Pipe? I had a problem with that before where on a long trip it was too much.
I think there's a slight drone when you are on a track exhaust mode even on the stock exhaust. If you don't consider that as drone, there's no drone with the h pipe.

That's the beauty of the active exhaust. When you are on a road trip cruising highway speed, put it on quite mode and you can't hear anything at all.

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I ordered the Steeda H-Pipe over here in the UK. I've had to wait for stock arriving from across the pond. Man, boats are sooo slow! 😄

The quality is fantasic though. Can't wait to get it fitted to my GT with Active Exhaust. I've been watching a lot of videos whilst waiting for it to arrive. It'll be fitted in a fortnight. So excited.
Sponsored