Best GT500 Style Spoiler?

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I've seen many of these GT500 style spoilers on ebay but they all use stock photos (much like how the fake RTR grilles use RTR stock photos).

I want to get one but not really sure which ones are the best. For you guys with the spoiler, where did yall get them? I've seen some that look like crap and some that look just as good as the OEM one.
Sponsored

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Bump! I too am interested in finding the best replica GT500 swing out there.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Justin got one, hopefully he will comment on quality / fitment etc :like:

New Spoiler finally, and coyote emblem decklid which I will get better pics of
46220591330_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=LLxsjPSsWrYAX_p49Ry&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-1.jpg
WD :like:

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
@Justin got one, hopefully he will comment on quality / fitment etc :like:

WD :like:
Thanks @WD Pro! I got mine from Function Factory Performance. It was at the beginning of COVID so there were some shipping issues and my first one was actually damaged but they handled it all for me. The second one is perfect. I don't see the listing on their website for the gloss black one any longer, only the carbon fiber version. If I order from eBay I usually try to get Ikon Motorsports. They've done me well with my cheaper eBay versions. American Muscle and i5 Autohaus also have it now.

1613484399237.png

1613484425431.png

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Thanks @WD Pro! I got mine from Function Factory Performance. It was at the beginning of COVID so there were some shipping issues and my first one was actually damaged but they handled it all for me. The second one is perfect. I don't see the listing on their website for the gloss black one any longer, only the carbon fiber version. If I order from eBay I usually try to get Ikon Motorsports. They've done me well with my cheaper eBay versions. American Muscle and i5 Autohaus also have it now.

1613484399237.png

1613484425431.png
I got mine from Ikon. The fit and finish was great, however I had to get my own hardware in regards to threaded studs and nuts/washers. Not a big deal. Also when I drilled it for the wicker bill, I discovered it was hollow. A little alarming, but I made sure to give it a little extra effort to make sure the rivnuts were EXTRA solid in there and all good so far. Have done multiple runs over 130mph and nothing is cracking or coming loose.

Sponsored

DarkSp0t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I’d encourage you to go OEM.

I managed to buy an entire 2019 GT350 trunk lid with spoiler for $400. With a little elbow grease and some preparation you can transplant the spoiler into your own vehicle.

Worked well! Just gotta be patient and look out for them.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I really like the looks of this spoiler too! There are some cheap versions on ebay that I was looking at today but they all say "this item may not use factory mounting holes." I'd like to hear from someone who has installed one of the cheaper versions. I'm guessing it's junk...

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I really like the looks of this spoiler too! There are some cheap versions on ebay that I was looking at today but they all say "this item may not use factory mounting holes." I'd like to hear from someone who has installed one of the cheaper versions. I'm guessing it's junk...
the Ikon one uses the factory mounting holes. for the standard spoiler, anyways. not sure if the PP1 spoiler has different holes

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
the Ikon one uses the factory mounting holes. for the standard spoiler, anyways. not sure if the PP1 spoiler has different holes
I'm pretty sure the factory spoilers use the same holes - at least from what I've read. Do you have a link for the ikon spoiler?

Sponsored

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’d encourage you to go OEM.

I managed to buy an entire 2019 GT350 trunk lid with spoiler for $400. With a little elbow grease and some preparation you can transplant the spoiler into your own vehicle.

Worked well! Just gotta be patient and look out for them.
Yeah, i'm leaning towards OEM too, now that the price has come down to something somewhat reasonable. You can get them from some dealers for just over $900.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I paid $175 for this wing from a company called Sportwing in Ohio about a year ago. I love love love this wing, it is the best looking wing in my opinion.

IMG_1411.JPG

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure the factory spoilers use the same holes - at least from what I've read. Do you have a link for the ikon spoiler?
Reading some, with the same question in mind. Have been unable to confirm that is ture.

First hand pictures of the 2 parts & deck lid, would be the only way to tell.

Near as I can tell the PP1/PP2 have some exposed holes that need to be addressed using the 350 part. .

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I paid $175 for this wing from a company called Sportwing in Ohio about a year ago. I love love love this wing, it is the best looking wing in my opinion.

IMG_1411.JPG
Great looking car! Did you remove a PP1 spoiler to install the gt350 spoiler? Several of us are trying to confirm that the factory holes are used. Thanks!

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
The PP2 spoiler uses the same holes as the PP1 (I have a PP1 on my PP2 - this is a lot of PP here LOL)
So the IKON spoiler will fit without drilling.
Sponsored