Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
You have a manual. You should be fine.
Not in a car with 400+hp. it isn't as hard as a manual in a 100hp turd to get moving, even if you never drove a stick. It not be pretty, but it'll buck down the road.

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
I wonder how the Cyclops would handle auto stop/start? From the description the interrupt turns on again 30 seconds after you push the enable button on the fob. Maybe the F-150 guys know the answer.

FYI. I believe LoJack is out of the business. They still support legacy products but don’t sell/install new systems.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
That's a really neat product, thanks for sharing!
I only know about it because it was popular with the vintage British car crowd, when I was running in that crowd. Helped keep the cars from going up in flames when 50 year old British wiring gave up on being insulated.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Move to Canada.
I don’t know about the US or Australia, but here in Canada the Mustang is not in the top 10 stolen vehicles, so it’s not something I worry about much. I’m more concerned about door dings in parking lots, which I have avoided so far.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'd be concerned about removing and inserting any item consistently. Like a wall socket, eventually, it's going to loosen and wear. +1 to the remarks someone witnessing strange movements, acting as a tell for the location of the trick.

Insert a switch somewhere, something easy to turn on/off? Something you can change with a quick brush pass, so it's not obvious your enabling or disabling something?

Whatever your solution, consider a faraday pouch as well; it's cheap insurance against someone with an extender or scanner, who'd attempt to mimic your fob to gain access.

Last edited:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
https://www.shop.cyclopsantitheft.com/CYCLOPS-TAM-Theft-Avoidance-Module-TAM.htm?productId=1

I've used one of these on my 99 F350 for years. They can disable the alarm that keeps the engine from cranking, but if they do this little guy keeps the PCM off and the engine will crank until the battery dies. You just push a button before you start the car and have 30 seconds to start the vehicle. Works great and doesn't require you to open the hood, you can put it in any relay slot you want.

My truck has been broken into 3 or 4 times now. Both door locks are broken and the ignition cylinder cracked and fell out but I still have her.
Lol, that's one the most scarcely documented things I've seen. What are the two buttons for? One to push before you start the car you say, and the other for?

Apart from that, this seems like the most convenient of the options I've heard of so far. Install, then attach the remote somewhere you can easily access it from when sitting in the driver's seat?

Where would this relay fit on the Mustang?

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I don’t know about the US or Australia, but here in Canada the Mustang is not in the top 10 stolen vehicles, so it’s not something I worry about much. I’m more concerned about door dings in parking lots, which I have avoided so far.
Depends on how you do the math formula.
Number of vehicles of that model stolen out of the fleet of light vehicles on the road. Ya, it'll be low.
Number stolen out of the number of vehicles that are that make/model vehicle on the road, it will be high on the list.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Lol, that's one the most scarcely documented things I've seen. What are the two buttons for? One to push before you start the car you say, and the other for?

Apart from that, this seems like the most convenient of the options I've heard of so far. Install, then attach the remote somewhere you can easily access it from when sitting in the driver's seat?

Where would this relay fit on the Mustang?
So I’m not 100% sure what vehicles are supported but my assumption is they modify the relay with the wireless receiver. I would assume the mustang uses a pretty common relay, it wouldn’t be the same one as the picture. I have mine on my trucks keyring and just click it after clicking the unlock button on my remote. You can email them and ask if the mustang is supported by them. But by far the best most convenient anti theft I have used and you can put it on whatever relay you like. The second button is for “valet” it allows 10 cycles without needing the remote.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
So I’m not 100% sure what vehicles are supported but my assumption is they modify the relay with the wireless receiver. I would assume the mustang uses a pretty common relay, it wouldn’t be the same one as the picture. I have mine on my trucks keyring and just click it after clicking the unlock button on my remote. You can email them and ask if the mustang is supported by them. But by far the best most convenient anti theft I have used and you can put it on whatever relay you like. The second button is for “valet” it allows 10 cycles without needing the remote.
Thanks, I'll send them a mail and ask.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Not a fan of things that require you to remove/change things while the questionable folks might be watching you do it.
They'll duck up your crap just because. Something that you can do, without others seeing you do it is key.
So going under the hood and removing a relay would not be seen? Remember the car has no ignition switch. And for all intensive purposes no way to hot wire it.

The fob makes the car pretty theft-proof IMOP. If you're that worried about the thing being stolen 2 suggestions

1 don't go to that area to buy your drugs go to the other side of town
2 best choice keep it insured

There are no guarantees in life, if someone wants it bad enough they will get it.
I cannot imagine pulling a relay or battery cables every time the car is parked. Then installing the same sure will hinder a fast getaway.

Some comments may be tongue & cheek readers should avoid if feelings are easily hurt.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
So going under the hood and removing a relay would not be seen? Remember the car has no ignition switch. And for all intensive purposes no way to hot wire it.

The fob makes the car pretty theft-proof IMOP. If you're that worried about the thing being stolen 2 suggestions

1 don't go to that area to buy your drugs go to the other side of town
2 best choice keep it insured

There are no guarantees in life, if someone wants it bad enough they will get it.
I cannot imagine pulling a relay or battery cables every time the car is parked. Then installing the same sure will hinder a fast getaway.

Some comments may be tongue & cheek readers should avoid if feelings are easily hurt.
The I am not a fan of opening the hood, is from going to events or car shows that are more than a get in car, goto event and go back home.
Like it or not, riff raft hang around car events, and opening the hood, and playing with the relays/etc they will take note of, same with a hotel lot you end up in, because The cruise is multi day.
I don't know about you, but I am not a fan of going out in the morning to find my vehicle missing.
You don't have to drive over to the other side of the tracks, or park hang in a bad 'hood. The bad side of the tracks goto events and window shop. AKA they come to you.
Yes, the pro with the fancy tools that unlock and start your ride and drive off, or the guy in a repo rig are hard to stop. But From what I've seen and heard goes on at events, it is mostly Rats that jack crap when the opportunity presents itself At these things. Me, I rather they find another target.
Sponsored