Sponsored

best exhaust for GT????

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I just replaced my stock mufflers with the Magnaflow Competition axle-back. I had a H-Pipe already installed.
Have to say, I'm somewhat disappointed. The difference is minimal and I actually think Stock + H-Pipe is a great combination. Also, unfortunately, the MF Competition has now given me a very annoying drone 🙁

A quick search would have pointed to the systems that have no drone, that one is unfortunately not one.
Sponsored

T123456

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Kona Blue
Ah you're right - I had the h-pipe alright - so basically still my fault you;re saying 🤣
I noted above that the H pipe and Magnaflow was one of the first couple systems I went to. The drone was terrible, but I have a convertible so it’s much worse. Tried switching to the Borla Switchfire instead of H-pipe and it took the edge off but it was still too much for me. Loved the deepness but it was actually much quieter than the H-Pipe and stock active exhaust. I have the H pipe and Borla S-Type active exhaust now and absolutely love it. Nice deep tone, quiet if you’re easy on the gas, loud if you’re heavy, but it keeps that nice sound throughout. No drone.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
I'm super happy with the factory active valve exhaust. Quiet to midrange to throaty at the flip of a switch.

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I have learned a lesson and I'll be reverting to my stock mufflers and H-Pipe .... for me it's the perfect note 😀

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Getting my stock mufflers powder coated matt black - anyone ever tried that?

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Hey I can tell you how to save a buck ............... BBQ black Rust- Oleum

You will love the way it accents the tips out back

IMG_0369 8.15.48 AM.jpeg

replaced with these

IMG_0636.jpeg

Shows
IMG_0155.jpeg
the affect & good bang for the buck

Blackslax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10 speed with long tube headers and H-pipe, 1978 Yamaha 1100
Avoid the FM unless you enjoy drone. Also take into consideration if you'll be going long tubes or staying stock as that will heavily alter tone and volume vs not. Corsa Xtremes sound great when stock but way too trumpety with long tubes. Borla Atak looses It's quality tone as well with long tubes. Corsa Sport on the other hand is too quiet if stock but sounds great on long tubes. AWE Touring a but deeper, some find it milder when stock due to resonated H pipe but sounds great paired to lth. One thing all those have in common is 0 drone. I personally started with Corsa Xtremes, but after going long tubes added some Vibrant 1794s to kill the trumpet tone. Ultimately cut off the Corsa mufflers but kept their double x and mated to my ARH long tubes but then added AWE Touring rear section. My favorite combo so far on this build. However had I planned ahead and started with Corsa Sport instead of Xtremes likely would have been happy after adding the long tubes and wouldn't have gone down that rabbit hole.

Listen to as many videos as you can but even better listen to as many in person as you can and think about your future plans for the car.
Wow.
Lotta good info here.
Any thoughts regarding H-pipe?

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped my stock mufflers back onto the car - definitely sounds better . . . and louder 😀

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Here is my cold start, resonator delete with Steeda h-pipe. Hard to justify spending money on aftermarket exhaust. I am having ceramic coat re-done and rally stripes to match wheels with red edges in a couple of weeks.

Sponsored

Birrdd_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt
Stainless Works 3-Inch Retro Chambered Cat-Back Exhaust with H-Pipe.🤟
Daily driven since 2015 loved it ever since. none like no other

jag7885

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru WRX STI
I really enjoy the sound of the Ford Performance by Borla Touring exhaust. It's on the quieter end of the spectrum, but it has a nice tone. At idle it's barely louder than stock. When you're just rolling through the gears, it has a fairly aggressive deep tone. When you go wide open throttle she screams. It does have a snorty/raspy tone to it, which I think compliments the car well. This isn't a Mopar nor Camaro, the Mustang has sort of a "Euro" flavored V8, smaller displacement and high-revving.
Sponsored