Sponsored

best exhaust for GT????

50thLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50YearLE #35
I have a STEEDA X pipe and axlebacks for my 2015 Performance Pack and love the sound. It is exactly as STEEDA advertises it "aggressive".
Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What MD_ said.

I have the Thermal R&D, it's just pure ecstacy. I almost never even turn on my sound system since the best tunes are coming out of the exhaust tips.

It has NO mufflers, is straight through and 3", quiet on part throttle, rips when you dip into it, 100% has NO DRONE and fits perfectly.

I would buy it again.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
my favorite Borla s types, have had it on 3 different mustangs and loved all three.
have also had the borla ataks( too high pitched for me)
While corsa isnt my cup of tea they do offer the same low interior noise and zero drone as borlas.
currently have H pipe and the active s types. the burble on idle is amazing!

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I'm really happy with the corsa Double X pipe and roush Axel backs

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
It's all a matter of personal preference and what kinda sound you like. When I had stock manifolds and cats I really enjoyed the MBRP race catback I had. Nice deep rumble at idle and not too crazy at full tilt. When I put the headers and high flow cats on I put the xforce exhaust on which is a little too quiet at idle for my taste but it absolutely screams at high rpm driving.

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Anything that’s not Corsa, Borla Atak or a muffler delete.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Best sounding bang for the buck……
Stock Ford exhaust with a quality 304 stainless steel H-pipe in place of the factory resonator.

Search M6G for MAZMAN, he’s made a few great videos
I second this! 🔊

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have LTH catback and I love and hate it. It has a tone like no other which is awesome. But the drone at around 2k is awful. Plus fitment has much to be desired around the diff. There is almost zero clearance around my rear sway bar. A slightly different bend and it would have been perfect.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Best sounding bang for the buck……
Stock Ford exhaust (2018+) with a quality 304 stainless steel H-pipe in place of the factory resonator.

Search M6G for MAZMAN, he’s made a few great videos
This is my setup with a Steeda H-pipe. If I change anything, it’d be to try the older GT500 axle backs again or go with AWE Touring.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Reading text to determine what sounds good is a massive waste of time. American Muscle and youtube have plenty of videos so you can at least here them. A lot has to do with how much volume you can stomach tho.

Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Corsa or AWE

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
X-pipe with Steeda axle backs here and LOVE it! Loud when I want it to be a and quiet enough when cruising. Honestly I loved the stock exhaust with just the X-pipe too, just didn't like the look of factory mufflers. Hate stamped mufflers. The rolled aftermarket ones always look so much better.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I love my 2020 GT but I'm looking for the best exhaust out there as far as sound. With Flowmaster, Borla, Corsa, etc I have no clue so I needed help. What is the best sounding exhaust????
That is a subjective question.. everyone's different opinion. Go to the local part of the forum and ask locally. I'm sure one of the great M6G'ers on here would be happy to show you theirs. Um, the exhaust system,- I mean. :angel:

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
I love my 2020 GT but I'm looking for the best exhaust out there as far as sound. With Flowmaster, Borla, Corsa, etc I have no clue so I needed help. What is the best sounding exhaust????
This is sooooo subjective, no one can give you an answer that will be right for your preferences because only you know what sounds good to your ears.

Video's are only helpful to the point of before and after comparison, and that's if they have both the before and after clips recorded with the same equipment in the same conditions. Just an arbitrary sound clip of a particular exhaust will not sound exactly the same as it will in person, at the very least the volume level will not be realistically represented, it's also likely that environmental conditions (wind, nearby buildings, mics distance from the exhaust pipe, etc) can alter the tone as well.

The best thing you can do is go to a car meet, and give a 1st hand listen to as many different systems as possible. Unless you hear the system in person, you're setting yourself up to buy something that someone else thought was awesome, only to install it and find out you think it's annoyingly loud, or maybe even too quiet to tell it's not stock. Either way it's a big expense to invest in something that you won't know you'll be happy with, unless you heard it for yourself before deciding which one to get.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

This is so subjective, you really just need to listen to them on Youtube or other videos and go from there. I have a Ford Racing by Borla Sport with the Borla Switchfire. I like it a lot, it has presence and volume but still very OEM sounding.

Here is a video..
Sponsored