LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
All you will get here is people telling you what they have and there opinion about what is best...

Rick#7 said it best. Go to a car meet and find what sounds "BEST" to you, Then you just have to say " Hey man your car sounds awesome, whats your exhaust setup"?
Sponsored

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Corsa extreme with stock headers. Corsa sport with lth. I had extremes and switch to sports when i put kooks lth on.

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Best sounding bang for the buck……
Stock Ford exhaust (2018+) with a quality 304 stainless steel H-pipe in place of the factory resonator.

Search M6G for MAZMAN, he’s made a few great videos
Could not agree more. I am stunned at how loud and good my mustang sounds with just an h pipe

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Could not agree more. I am stunned at how loud and good my mustang sounds with just an h pipe
Same here, I have the active exhaust with Steeda H-pipe. I can be as loud or quiet as I want. The only thing is that I still haven't figured out a way to get black tips.

TheWhiteWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 Magnetic Grey
I had the steeda h pipe and axle back. Cold starts were supper loud, little to no drone but the fitment sucked. I have the AWE touring now and it's amazing.

Cold starts are loud but doesn't bark like the other setup. It's a more mature low grumble with no drone. There is a little cabin noise but it's not drone.

Borla was my next option. Hpipe with stock mufflers is great but it still retains some of that tin sound at higher RPMs.

Sponsored

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I went with the MBRP Street on my 2015 and was horrified the first time I got on it. Cold start was loud and OK, but it was high pitched and raspy under power. It sounded to me like a '51 Flathead with glasspacks. Which made more sense after I learned the Coyote shares the firing order with the flathead. Anyway, there are better options out there. Learn from me.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Its not just the volume for me its the tone. And as already mentioned its a opinion. Some exhaust just sounds like "noise" with no tone.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Borla S on my 2019 and '03 Cobra but as others have said, its a personal preference. I spent a lot of time on You Tube just typing in specific setups (ie. 2019 Mustang GT catted with Borla S ) and so on, changing the brands and descriptions to hear them all to make my decision. CJ Pony Parts has video's of several popular catback installs and sounds that are helpful too.

Facebook is another good source. Search/join groups like "Mustang Enthusiasts" , "Florida S550" or groups in your local area and request vids of their setups and sounds, guys are always happy to post that. Same here, just ask nicely and most guys are happy to send.

Good luck.

Blackslax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10 speed with long tube headers and H-pipe, 1978 Yamaha 1100
Best sounding bang for the buck……
Stock Ford exhaust (2018+) with a quality 304 stainless steel H-pipe in place of the factory resonator.

Search M6G for MAZMAN, he’s made a few great videos
This is what I did. The H-pipe sounds great. For the morning start-up I created mufflers out of beer cans, stuffed them with fiberglass and window screening. They keep the neighbors happy.

Sponsored

KRGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Never hear anyone mention this for the mustangs and I thought it was always the best sound when I had it on with stock cats. Catless might be too loud. Currently have MBRP cat-back with 2m headers and wish I still had the Billy Boat exhaust on it. I managed to buy it around $600 Black Friday too which made it an incredible deal!

Billy Boat Cat-back

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
All you will get here is people telling you what they have and there opinion about what is best...

Rick#7 said it best. Go to a car meet and find what sounds "BEST" to you, Then you just have to say " Hey man your car sounds awesome, whats your exhaust setup"?
Yeah, you said it. Everyone has a different taste, it is best to go and listen in person as much exhaust systems as possible to decide what you like. Listen on YouTube won’t do much help cause that what I did. I pick the borla atak. It was very loud at cold start and at above 4000 rpm, but no drone. I would pick the borla s type the next time. However, I learn to lived with it.

Scuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Exhaust tone is something I obsessed over with my 2008 GT- never got exactly how I wanted it and tried h pipe, x pipe and seven different kinds of axle backs. I have a basement full of axle backs am mid pipes to prove it...I need to sell them :( (I'm not a hoarder.....)

I have MBRP 3" Street catbacks on my 2018- thought they sounded a bit raspy at 5k+ rpm, so I installed a couple of 3"x18" glass packs on the h pipe- FINALLY got the tone I have been looking for and I get a lot of complements on how it sounds. Nice deep tone similar to Magnaflows but better :) The glasspacks did quiet it down a bit, but it's louder than stock.

n2ofusion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M
I went with the MBRP Street on my 2015 and was horrified the first time I got on it. Cold start was loud and OK, but it was high pitched and raspy under power. It sounded to me like a '51 Flathead with glasspacks. Which made more sense after I learned the Coyote shares the firing order with the flathead. Anyway, there are better options out there. Learn from me.
Could not agree more. I just installed and am very disappointed all around. Not to mention sad I wasted the cash.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Could not agree more. I just installed and am very disappointed all around. Not to mention sad I wasted the cash.
Unfortunately a lot of setups are kinda raspy, so if you're looking for deep sound you'll be disappointed. Nature of the Coyote in a lot of ways. I think MBRP street is like a quieter Roush pretty much.
Sponsored