Sponsored

Best driving roads for a Mustang in your state?

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
My favorite go to road in Alabama is hwy 281 that runs from Heflin, to Mt. Cheaha and beyond…probably 25mi in length end to end but it is a very sweet 25 miles! The end towards Heflin, last 7mi or so, reminds me of the dragon in NC. My buddies and used to wear out a set of sportbike tires up here on the weekends. Great scenery also.

2CF253FA-50F7-4ECD-8500-F9E443A4E0EB.jpeg
Sponsored

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
For me in Delaware- Rte 9 from Delaware City to Dover AFB along the Delaware River is a nice drive for a flat state.

Mustang3.jpg

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Hogel Zoo in SLC, up Emigration Canyon Road, left onto Utah Highway 65 down to I-80 West back into SLC.

My HPP with the handling package and the six speed was tailor made for the twisties.

Last edited:

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
Lots of great driving roads in southeast New Hampshire. Area roughly bounded by I-93 on the west, coast on the east, rt 101 on the north and rt 111 on the south. A few faves- Island Pond Rd, rt 121A, rt 111A. Of course rt 1A on the coast but that's usually slow except in the winter. Another great road is rt 107 north of rt 202 up to Laconia on Lake Winnipesaukee. Pretty much all well paved, great for our cars!

Sponsored

Mobotoy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red w/white Stripes, CFTP
We have all sorts of great roads here in Western WA. I used to tear them up when I rode a motorcycle (25K Miles a year). We have everything from secluded straights to autocross twisties. The run up to Paradise on Mt. Rainer is fun, so is the road up to Hurricane Ridge at Mt. St. Helens. Both of these mountains are active volcanoes (when Rainier pops it is going to be spectacular). The 101 that loops around the Olympic Peninsula is a great road trip. Watch out for speed traps coming into the little towns though!

All the better when you drop the top!
Don't forget "Chinook Pass" (also down near the hot mountains)... Great windy road with magnificent views. Oh, and all the roads between those three places are awesome. Come to think of it, get out of any city in Western Washington and every road just seems better than the last ... it never ends. Put us on your bucket list people.

Last edited:

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of smaller back roads with good turns and quick elevation changes.....west of Indianapolis. There are some good ones going down towards Bloomington and Evansville...as well as brown County.
I wish I had my gt350 22 years ago in Germany as there were some amazing roads down in Bavaria where I lived. It was fun in my 68 camaro (totally stock)

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
I wish I had my gt350 22 years ago in Germany as there were some amazing roads down in Bavaria where I lived. It was fun in my 68 camaro (totally stock)
So jealous. When I lived in Bavaria from '83 to '87 all I had was a '82 Vanagon with 67 HP. But at least in was a 4 speed manual. :)

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Mentioned already but Tail of the Dragon of course but also Cherohala Skyway, Rt 28 from 74 to Franklin NC is really cool also, and finally RT 40 from Waynesville NC to Wilton Springs TN is a very cool highway drive. Anywhere on the Blue Ridge Parkway but your not going faster likely due to traffic.

Redfuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
My fav is AZ is state highway 260 from I-17 to Happy Jack Mustang Gas station and restaurant on state Highway 87. For real - they call it Mustang Gas.
I've never been towards Happy Jack before, will give that a shot.

Mountain roads are my preference, between the twists and elevation changes, I'm fortunate enough to be able to drive this one whenever I'd like.
Hwy 89A, starts off at 5k' and goes up to 7k at the top, drops down to 3.5k in Clarkdale. Goes through Jerome (some seriously good eats).
Downside is the tourists who go slow, the bicyclists when you come flying around a corner, or the other person flying around the corner who isn't staying in their lane. However, when things do line up in your favor, it's a very entertaining drive that is rewarded with scenic views when you do decide to take it in.

Screenshot_20210708-083938.png

Sponsored

GTguy0130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Thanks Redfuzzbutt, I just remembered Yarnel hill on that road. Another fav but you should do it going north, not south.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I've never been towards Happy Jack before, will give that a shot.

Mountain roads are my preference, between the twists and elevation changes, I'm fortunate enough to be able to drive this one whenever I'd like.
Hwy 89A, starts off at 5k' and goes up to 7k at the top, drops down to 3.5k in Clarkdale. Goes through Jerome (some seriously good eats).
Downside is the tourists who go slow, the bicyclists when you come flying around a corner, or the other person flying around the corner who isn't staying in their lane. However, when things do line up in your favor, it's a very entertaining drive that is rewarded with scenic views when you do decide to take it in.

Screenshot_20210708-083938.png
or the other half of 89a from Sedona to Flagstaff , most definitely want to do it on a week day .