Sponsored

Best Drivers Car Competition. GT350 almost wins.

RedRaptorME

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford raptor. 2019 GT 350 R Black red pinstripe. 1948 Ford 4 door sedan. 1973 stingray corvette.
2019 R got the GT500 block. Also there is some thought that later 2019 R production also got the updated steering of the GT500, although a switchover date can't be confirmed, if there was one. Several owners of later 2019 R production models, including me, have noticed that tramlining in later 2019 R models is gone.
When you say later, how late ? I bought mine in late august. It was delivered in early august. Chasis 376.
Sponsored

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Am I making a mistake? I'm trying to leave the GT350 platform for the C7 platform, specifically, the z06. Why are they not using the Z06 as a comparison to any of these vehicles. Is it just it's well known the Corvette is the champ of domestic cars so they don't even consider it?

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
2019 R got the GT500 block. Also there is some thought that later 2019 R production also got the updated steering of the GT500, although a switchover date can't be confirmed, if there was one. Several owners of later 2019 R production models, including me, have noticed that tramlining in later 2019 R models is gone.
I'm not sure about that I own KR723 built in August. PP001 said in another thread he believes KR799 is the last 2019 R built. On bad roads I have plenty of tramlining but IMO tramlining has more to do with tires and alignment than the steering knuckle change. My 2018 GT350 never tramlined until after 2 track days the wear on the tires combined with semi track alignment where the cause IMO.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Am I making a mistake? I'm trying to leave the GT350 platform for the C7 platform, specifically, the z06. Why are they not using the Z06 as a comparison to any of these vehicles. Is it just it's well known the Corvette is the champ of domestic cars so they don't even consider it?
No, they only use new cars or cars that have some soft of refresh/update. The C7 participated in this event over the years. Personally I would not let some magazine or online review site sway my decision to buy or not buy a car. Go drive the C7 Z06 back to back to your current car. They are very, very different. This coming from a C7 owner. Corvette is an awesome car but very different from a GT350. Pros and cons for both.

Sponsored

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
They should do this on similar tires. Yes, Randy's good but let's get a baseline!

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I find the new 911 styling to be very bland. Not sure I love the backend. For a car that cost $140K+ I just would expect more of an exotic look. And I love Porshe, but I would have to get a GT3RS or equivalent.

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find the new 911 styling to be very bland. Not sure I love the backend. For a car that cost $140K+ I just would expect more of an exotic look. And I love Porshe, but I would have to get a GT3RS or equivalent.
That's always been the point of the 911. It looks very understated with clean lines and the same general shape for all these years. It's a "I've got money but don't need to flaunt it" kind of look.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
That's always been the point of the 911. It looks very understated with clean lines and the same general shape for all these years. It's a "I've got money but don't need to flaunt it" kind of look.
Yeah, I get that for a base car. But the one they drove was like $140K+. That's 911 GT3 money which I think looks really good.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Yeah, I get that for a base car. But the one they drove was like $140K+. That's 911 GT3 money which I think looks really good.
In what world is $140k 911 GT3 money? I mean technically you can order one at $143,000, but good luck finding a stripped out GT3 for sale anywhere. Here in Atlanta used 2018's are selling for $167k.

Also the new 992 Carrera S is apparently as fast around the track as the 997.2 GT3 RS was back in the 2012 range.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You can get the 911 with a manual, so that's nice. But I'd opt for the PDK *if* I also had the GT350. I feel like the two would be a very good pairing.
I think it's a sin to consider buying a 911 with a PDK. I realize they are good, but Porsche manual transmissions are so awesome. The feel you get from a Porsche manual is so precise, so amazing .. if I had the extra dough laying around that's what I would choose.

isnt this old news? i saw it on YT the other day and i thought, "we've already seen this. why are they re-posting it from 3 mos ago?" unless i am missing something...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/motor-trend-loves-em-some-gt350.130576/#post-2695371

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2019-best-drivers-car-rankings/
Yeah it's just new to people who don't watch Motor Trend on demand. For me it's a mandatory subscription and well worth the money.

I have not driven the C7 Z06, but every review I've seen of it says it's crappy. Unless you are buying for just cruising around on the streets and an occasional straight line blast, the C7 Z06 isn't very good. The reviewers say the chassis can't handle the power. It flips back and forth between over- and under-steer unpredictably. Pobst called it a real handful on track. He said it tends to over-steer under braking. Camissa said it's dangerous and that it felt unfinished. He said if you turn off the traction aids and push the car you will crash. Then he asked about being sued for saying that and said - well if I turn off the traction aids and drive it hard I will crash - how about that.

So - if you like carving corners - road course driving - AFAIK the C7 Z06 is absolutely the wrong car and buying it would be a mistake.

The C7 Grand Sport is supposed to be good, but the factory rims are reportedly extremely fragile. If you buy one plan on replacing the rims.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Yeah it's just new to people who don't watch Motor Trend on demand. For me it's a mandatory subscription and well worth the money.
I've always paid for YouTube premium to get rid of the ads because it allows me to watch these videos on YouTube in 4k with surround sound on our 75" LG down stairs. It's so much better than watching it on my pc or tablet or smartphone.

If MT ever comes out with an app for my LG TV I'd watch it. I may be able to use the built in web browser however, maybe I should check that out.

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's a sin to consider buying a 911 with a PDK. I realize they are good, but Porsche manual transmissions are so awesome. The feel you get from a Porsche manual is so precise, so amazing .. if I had the extra dough laying around that's what I would choose.
I'd say they are more than good. I'd be happy with a 911 CS with PDK, provided I also had a GT350 laying around to satisfy the manual itch.

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
I've always paid for YouTube premium to get rid of the ads because it allows me to watch these videos on YouTube in 4k with surround sound on our 75" LG down stairs. It's so much better than watching it on my pc or tablet or smartphone.

If MT ever comes out with an app for my LG TV I'd watch it. I may be able to use the built in web browser however, maybe I should check that out.
Just get a chromecast fob. That'll allow you to cast what's on their app to your tv.
Sponsored