Sponsored

Best Daily Driver GT350 vs GT500 ? Whats your pick and Why????

nodonut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
1966 A code Fastback GT (wish I still had it), 2014 Explorer Sport, 2013 FLHTK Harley, 2019 GT350.
That sure was a quick year and over 12,000 miles in that short time period.

With that many miles on your GT350 already I can only imagine how many actual "Smiles" that must have been!!

:like::like:
Hahahahaha! I'm still smiling Harry! The year did go by quickly! Track attack was awesome!!
Sponsored

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have to have a manual. It makes it more as one with the road. Autos are ok, just not for me. I have had two different F150's with autos, which to me makes sense.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I live near and drive into DC. I have had a GT350 and now the GT500. For traffic, rowing gears is not fun in stop and go. I do miss the manual sometimes, but after mastering the paddles I can say it's on level for me. It's just different.
The way it down shifts as I approach a light is great. Its like its begging to go back up another gear. It is over 750HP, so the power is so differnt.
The thing I miss most is the high RPMs and sound of VooDoo. No matter what, all parties can enjoy what they have.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Based on the reviews I've seen, the GT500 is a lot calmer on the street - meaning no tramlining. It rides better and has quieter exhaust. It has a lot more power on tap, and the power is there from a much lower RPM. I think I would love to try out the GT500, but for a daily the GT350 is more for me. I like to shift on my own and I actually like that the GT350 would tramline. I felt like I had to pay attention and the car kept me a little busier. I typically wasn't completely relaxed when I drove the GT350. I really liked that about the GT350. I also like the stiffness of the suspension. I thought the GT350 was pretty much the perfect level of firmness for daily street driving.

And the sound of the GT350 always entertained me. I never got sick of that exhaust.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
Having driven both for about 500 miles each (GT350 is mine, GT500 is a bud's)... the GT500 is much more of commuter car. Especially in the Boston area. CA and NY ain't got nothing on Boston traffic.

Having an auto in the traffic IS better.

However I do like the manual in the GT350.

So if I had to drive into Downtown every day, the GT500, but since I don't, I'll keep my GT350.

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you are in a high traffic area....auto for a daily.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If you are in a high traffic area....auto for a daily.
If there's no traffic, the manual and auto are essentially the same IMO. I'd prefer to have a manual - especially in stop and go traffic - because it gives me something to do.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Granted I don't daily drive my GT350, but only because of where I have to park it at work. I do drive my 5 speed Honda Civic daily in Long Island traffic. Since I've been driving since 1971 and back then my 70' 440 Challenger was driven daily with a Ram 3200 psi static pressure Bork and Beck style clutch....now that was something to get use to on a daily basis although it was needed at the drag strip. With the discussion auto vs stick in daily driving, and with today's hydraulic clutches that feel nowhere the same as the old mechanical's, I really don't think GT350 clutch has much to complain about, I feel that if your looking for an excuse not to drive it in different traffic conditions, then your right....an automatic is for you.

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Having a super high HP car isn't all it's cracked up to be sometimes. I just came from a 700 hp GT-R and love the GT350 much more as a (mostly) daily.
Agreed. It all comes down to what your daily actually consists of. I may be opposite most people but to me 0-8 or 9/th's is where the manual shines. SO much nicer to engage with the car, hold gears or not and have a physical interaction with the car versus clicking buttons like a video game. I also have a Golf R with a DSG and always feel a bit silly manually shifting in traffic.

A manual makes the morning drive so.much more interesting. Having driven at Homestead and Sebring in other cars, while I'd still enjoy the 350, I'd prefer the 500. Two hands on the wheel and 100% focus on the driving any day.

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
If you guys had to pick a daily driver say 9k-14k. per year.

What car would be your pick and why?
I have experience daily driving a GT350 but not a GT500. I don't know how to drive with an automatic transmission.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Watch my video to get an idea of the GT500 driving characteristics: