Sponsored

Best Connecting Rods money can buy for 1500 RWHP

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your car is a Bad M.F in. beast!! I watched many of your videos before. We share the very same passion about these things. I'm a racer by heart too.
What do you have for Crankshaft at that power level? They recommended the boss crank up to 1200 wheel and above that Callies, Bryant or another one that I can't remember the name right now.
Mihovetz said he never has seen a stock cobra crank break. He ran 6.0s with a stock crank making close to 3000hp. The coyote crank is supposedly equal. The snouts are the main weak link if you hang a huge blower on them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Mihovetz said he never has seen a stock cobra crank break. He ran 6.0s with a stock crank making close to 3000hp. The coyote crank is supposedly equal. The snouts are the main weak link if you hang a huge blower on them.
Believe it or not My friend's sleeved coyote Engine broke the crank right at the snout close to the 1500 wheel mark. Single Turbo Gen 1 Coyote engine and car and we still don't understand what happened because all the rest of the engine was fine. It had a Boss 302 crank.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Believe it or not My friend's sleeved coyote Engine broke the crank right at the snout close to the 1500 wheel mark. Single Turbo Gen 1 Coyote engine and car and we still don't understand what happened because all the rest of the engine was fine. It had a Boss 302 crank.
Balancer maybe? Perhaps a flawed crank? Some people just seem to break everything whiles others dont. Who knows. There is an entire thread about snapped crank snouts though. I definitely wouldnt say its the norm.

OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Balancer maybe? Perhaps a flawed crank? Some people just seem to break everything whiles others dont. Who knows. There is an entire thread about snapped crank snouts though. I definitely wouldnt say its the norm.
I know, man. It was really weird that happenning to a turbo motor where there is ZERO stress on the accessories and specially at the snout. I don't know what to tell you as the rest of his motor looked brand new after the breakage.
So, as a precaution, one of my friends already went with a Callies crank on his build and I'm about to be the second one. We don't want that bizarre thing happening to any of us anymore.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
At 1500 RWHP you will find weak points all over the car. I would look at the weight of the rods too. The boost line rods are very heavy. Seems like a heavier rod would stress the crank more.

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Look at MOD2K Diamond pistons and Molnar power adder rods...not sure the limit has been found on them yet. Crank will be the weak piece.

OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
Thank you so much for the replies, guys.

We went with Manley I Beams in 300M steel and upgraded ARP bolts. 2000HP Rods.

I know, I know, way more than what i need but i like the engine to be overbuild to play this game.

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
What block and pistons will you go with?

OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
What block and pistons will you go with?
Finish Line Performance and BES are going to build me a stroker.
I placed the order last week.

My OEM 2019 GT Sleeved block
Callies 3.8" crank
Custom 12:1 Comp. Ross pistons (special order for the stroker)
ARP Everywhere
MMR CS and OPG
MMR chain guides, secondaries, blah, blah, lol

It should be around ~324 Ci. from what they told me.

I haven't been this excited about a build for the longest time ever.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

Callies 3.8" crank
ARP Everywhere
MMR CS and OPG

Awesome!!! What power adder?

Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I had this same decision to make during my build, wound up going with the wiseco boostline rods... claim 2000hp capable! Heres on next to a stock rod..
20191209_150015.jpg

OP
OP
Tiago G.

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
I had this same decision to make during my build, wound up going with the wiseco boostline rods... claim 2000hp capable! Heres on next to a stock rod..
20191209_150015.jpg
The difference is unreal!! The stock one is like a tooth pick next to the Wiseco one. That's money well spent if you ask me, Sir.
The best feeling in the world is when you have that bullet proof short block and you don't have to fear anything when your right foot is all the way to the floor almost going through the firewall. Just keep upping the boost...:rockon::beer:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I also broke the crank of my MMR 1500 sleeved 5.2 block with a Hellion TT @1000 whp.
I was able to save the sleeved block /I beam rods .
I had it rebuilt by L&M and converted to use 12 mm head studs .
The pistons did not look too bad but were trashed as L&M said the wrong rings were used from the get go and had worn grooves in the piston so even with the right rings it would be blowing oil .

Callies 3.8" crank
ARP Everywhere
MMR CS and OPG

I am excited as you are, as I have been contemplating a similar stroker build with the Predator block to make 5.4 L.(330 Ci) . Please make a build thread as I will be following closely for your review . If you like it I may build one too .

So are the Ross pistons specific for “stroker”
What makes them specific for the stroker ?

BES built me a sleeved 5.2 short block a few years ago with custom Ross pistons/Manley H rods . I had assembled a long block with block/GT 350 heads /ford racing cams and finally have it in a car (3.2 KB with 8 rib ). Did not make it past initial logs due to oiling issues . My fault though as I had used the wrong oil restrictors for the GT pump . Had to pull the motor and hoping the cams are not trashed but only ran for few 100 miles so I have my finger crossed.

As you may have not iced I am one of those guys who can break anything ,like some one once said “even a “ball bearing in a rubber factory “ .. so I am now obsessed with spare engines . Lol
I know I have had my share of bad luck but I don’t believe there is any such thing as a “billet proof” block especially at the power level you are planning .

Ross pistons in the BES block .

F180AAD6-9ED1-464C-B08F-2D450430FFA7.png

saved block / rods and L&M rebuilt block

7A06FA3F-5638-4227-ACFC-C4D0EF353559.jpeg
C4ED8A84-8272-4311-B4CF-48F26FE60D91.jpeg
AC4610E6-7E3A-4281-9CAE-15C6CDDAF8E4.jpeg

Last edited:

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
@olaosunt
I used GT350 pump w stock GT restrictors on GT gen 2 block/heads and it worked ok for track work.
Like an idiot, I changed the restrictors on the GT heads to 350 and then changed them back due to confusion w Ford performance chats on if pump or heads dictated restrictors.
I threw a ratchet thru the drywall when I realized I had to pull motor forward off mounts to get back at them again. FfffffffuuuuUUUUhhh.. bang.. lol
Think the restrictors need to match the heads, but there is some influence with pump selection.
I think there is now a ?3rd pump housing option for us that is actually lower flow(less wasted hp) at high rpm, but prolly not for low rpm/high torque cold block drag use unless you are running 0W-10 for drag (non streetable).
Its all so confusing to me.
Sponsored