Sponsored

Best Central Florida Ford Dealerships for Warranty Repairs for Modified and Tuned Vehicles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ingot Silver Mustang GT PP2 401a
Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I'm in a bit of trouble, I'm currently having engine issues and according to one dealer, I need a new engine. That dealer said they wouldn't do it due to my modifications and tune(FBO). I wondered if anyone knew of any dealers in central Florida that look the other way for modified/tuned vehicles.
For some background, I just had my engine replaced 4 months ago for a crank sprocket and cam tensioner issue, as well as a cracked block. At that time there were no modifications or tune on the vehicle. Now my cam tensioners are pretty audible again and I have a constant CEL showing codes of misfiring. I took it back to the dealer that had previously replaced the engine and the tech stated that it was the same issue as last which I'm assuming was not tune-related. He said it was mostly like related to the clutch and shifting at "high RPMS". But they don't want to do the repair for fear that ford will send a tech down to inspect the vehicle, wondering why the exact vehicle needs a new engine in just 4 months. They don't want them to see them doing a warranty repair on a FBO and tuned vehicle and the dealership takes the hit for it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Repeating P codes 2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

SSTANGG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Plus Convertible PP
Did you end up finding a dealer to perform the work? Where did you end up with this?

This is something that has held me back from tuning, because I don't want to be stuck holding the bag if something shits the bed unrelated to the tune.

OP
OP
Caroline the ill-omened
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ingot Silver Mustang GT PP2 401a
Did you end up finding a dealer to perform the work? Where did you end up with this?

This is something that has held me back from tuning, because I don't want to be stuck holding the bag if something shits the bed unrelated to the tune.
Yeah, I ended up getting the work completed. I got a whole new long block. However, to be able to get the work done, lawyers had to be involved in forcing Ford's hand in actually looking at and repairing the car. Once lawyers were involved, spoke directly with Ford and they had me take it to any dealer of my choice and had a service engineer come out to that dealer and do the inspection and repairs. You are fine to tune the vehicle and not break the warranty, just know with a tune you may need legal counsel to help get warranty repairs completed. Some dealers won't care, but others won't touch it. Ford is still required to prove that the tune is the cause of the problem if something were to happen. Also in the state of Florida breach of warranty lawsuits will be at no cost to you, the manufacturer covers all legal and lawyer fees.
Sponsored