Best bang for buck CAI and Tune?

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Oh wow, very cool. That's awesome. Thanks for reply... I know, they want $150 to flip the tuner from fusion to mustang. That charge sucks, but ah well. I love the ability to download there tunes from website, that's cool.
I would highly recommend a trans tune. A lot of people don't realize just how much a tuner can adjust these transmissions. The A10 is already killer out of the box but both PBD and Lund turn them into monsters. Like others have said, I would pass on a Cai until you have some of the other stuff down first personally. Headers would be a good start and are multi purposed. They make it sound amazing and pick up a decent amount. Hit up Andrew or myself if you have any questions at all. We are here to help. Lethalperformance.com
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I would highly recommend a trans tune. A lot of people don't realize just how much a tuner can adjust these transmissions. The A10 is already killer out of the box but both PBD and Lund turn them into monsters. Like others have said, I would pass on a Cai until you have some of the other stuff down first personally. Headers would be a good start and are multi purposed. They make it sound amazing and pick up a decent amount. Hit up Andrew or myself if you have any questions at all. We are here to help. Lethalperformance.com
I believe he has a 2021 GT so the transmission tune was revised by Ford. I also have a 2021 GT and compared to my 2020 the new trans is butter smooth. I don’t get that jerky feeling like I used to on my 2020.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I believe he has a 2021 GT so the transmission tune was revised by Ford. I also have a 2021 GT and compared to my 2020 the new trans is butter smooth. I don’t get that jerky feeling like I used to on my 2020.
Yes, I have 2021 GT.. how much extra do they charge for trans tunes?
Thanks Anthony

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I have 2021 GT.. how much extra do they charge for trans tunes?
Thanks Anthony
it’s night and day difference also the magneride was also revised.

depends on the tuner you can ask

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for reply and help. I'm not planning on headers, how about the Steeda CAi sealed box w there tune?

Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Ummm i dont think 21s are available for tuning from Lund. (yet)

Watched a vid yesturday Alex said if you wanna go fast now stay away from 21s

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)

they can be tune for N/A only and for fuel only 91, 93 tune no flex tune available as of now and obviously no FI tunes

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

Why not 21's? That's crazy, nothing has changed from 20, am I wrong?

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
they can be tune for N/A only and for fuel only 91, 93 tune no flex tune available as of now and obviously no FI tunes
What is FI tune??
Would the trans tune be included with the engine tune? Or do you have to ask separately? Thanks

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
What is FI tune??
Would the trans tune be included with the engine tune? Or do you have to ask separately? Thanks
FI = forced induction ie boost in the form of a super charger or turbo.

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Are you going to go the Roush supercharger route because of the warranty? If so, why would you potentially void the warranty now before the supercharger goes on? Also that Roush warranty starts from the date/mileage you bought the car, not when the supercharger is installed. Just something to think about...

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Are you going to go the Roush supercharger route because of the warranty? If so, why would you potentially void the warranty now before the supercharger goes on? Also that Roush warranty starts from the date/mileage you bought the car, not when the supercharger is installed. Just something to think about...
Not anymore, certified roush dealer jerking me telling me s.c. is good to go, and I call roush and they state no, as well as a local speed shop telling me 2021 tune is not good to go. I dont want my car sitting at dealer for months because they lied and roush can get on the ball. I have no idea wtf is taking roush so long w this.?!?@

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Not anymore, certified roush dealer jerking me telling me s.c. is good to go, and I call roush and they state no, as well as a local speed shop telling me 2021 tune is not good to go. I dont want my car sitting at dealer for months because they lied and roush can get on the ball. I have no idea wtf is taking roush so long w this.?!?@
Why not just go with a different supercharger and a custom tune then? Your going to just be spending money twice if you do a tune/cai now and then a supercharger down the road. The tune isn't worth all that much if you don't have access to E85 anyway.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Avoid any CAI that does not require a tune. There is a data table in the tune that is used to corelate the MAF readings to incoming airflow, when you change to a CAI that flows much more, it goes beyond the data table parameters and throws the tune out of whack so to speak. If the CAI doesn't require a tune, it means it's flow capabilities are so close to stock that no tune is needed, thus not gaining anything, maybe 2-3 hp if your lucky. A "no tune required" CAI is nothing more than bling or a glorified paperweight. They do nothing more than lighten your wallet.

Long tube headers are expensive, but will show some gains, even when N/A and even more gains when you add boost. And don't believe the B.S. that headers will lose power down low, that's a complete farce. Long tubes will gain hp and tq at all rpm's, not much down low but a gain nonetheless. As the rpm's climb, so do the gains, and add boost to that for even more.
Just adding, Roush CAI can run with or with out a tune.

The CAI contains a supplemental venturi, when installed. No tune required, when ready to use the CIA as intended. Performance not looks, remove and tune.

Slick

OP

Roush certified dealer ? Go direct order parts better service, cost is the same, shipping free, fresh parts.
Sponsored