monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi guys,

Well, since Roush and my local dealership dont know wtf is going on w supercharger availablity and install for 2021 GTs, I've decided to sit it out and accrue some more break in miles and wait til I can go the s.c. route down the road, worryfree...
I want to buy a CAI and tune for the stang, can you guys recommend some good combo's.
Handheld tuners? Tuner's and there tunes? And CAI, preferable a package deal..
I use to have a Livernois handheld tuner along w there tunes for my 2016 Fusion 2.0 EcoBoost that I was very happy with, but I dont think Livernois does much Mustang coyote stuff.
Thanks in advance, everyone.
Anthony
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If you have e85 available. Go with that. I used Lund. PBD or any other reputable tuners should give similar results. Pass on the cold air intake. It doesnā€™t add a ton of power.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Lund E85 tune Steeda lid combo from beefcakeracing

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
If you have e85 available. Go with that. I used Lund. PBD or any other reputable tuners should give similar results. Pass on the cold air intake. It doesnā€™t add a ton of power.
Thanks for reply. I dont have E85 available here in NY Shitty, unfortunately. Does LUND make adjustments to A10 trans w there tunes ?
What does PBD mean?
Thanks Anthony

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Skip CAI and go e85 if available.

Oops just saw not available in your area. Skip cai and go long tubes with with either AED, Lund or PBD.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Skip CAI and go e85 if available.

Oops just saw not available in your area. Skip cai and go long tubes with with either AED, Lund or PBD.
Thanks for reply. How donu feel about the closed STEEDA airbox??
Thanks Anthony

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Yes they do. It's also CARB complaint. $600 just a tune, no CIA. I have it but been busy with other things so not much to report but it does shift better,(A10 for me) and feels stronger at lower rev's.

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631153
Oh wow, very cool. That's awesome. Thanks for reply... I know, they want $150 to flip the tuner from fusion to mustang. That charge sucks, but ah well. I love the ability to download there tunes from website, that's cool.

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Tune om 91 oct does not give you much (8-10 hp)
On 93 little better

Cai does add power.
I use JLT on my roadcourse car.
And we saw a very big increase vs oem 18
The issue isCAI is not the best for "street light warriors" cause can heat soak. You can easily fix it with a box cover.
Omce the car is going the temps drop superfast tho.
The 120mm tube is bigger than OEM.

Also
Catback adds 12whp ish. (3' atak borla but is loud so maybe u want to pair with a resonator or choose the S type)
I have video and test for all those components to prove it.

I would avoid headers for daily.

Also
Please consider other upgrade like
Bigger and lighter wheels (APEX wheels 10lbs lighter and great look)
2 piece rotors (12lbs lighter each so much less rotatonal mass)

Hope this help
Alex

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Thanks for reply. How donu feel about the closed STEEDA airbox??
Thanks Anthony
I tested it early on because of the possibility keep iats down and increased flow. Because of its inability to run a flex tune due to maf and idle issues though found 18+ oem plus drop in filter to be best option. Plus if you end up going super charger you're likely going to pull off any cai you add while NA. If no e85 option LTH are far better option than cai, plus will be beneficial if you do go boost later.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Avoid any CAI that does not require a tune. There is a data table in the tune that is used to corelate the MAF readings to incoming airflow, when you change to a CAI that flows much more, it goes beyond the data table parameters and throws the tune out of whack so to speak. If the CAI doesn't require a tune, it means it's flow capabilities are so close to stock that no tune is needed, thus not gaining anything, maybe 2-3 hp if your lucky. A "no tune required" CAI is nothing more than bling or a glorified paperweight. They do nothing more than lighten your wallet.

Long tube headers are expensive, but will show some gains, even when N/A and even more gains when you add boost. And don't believe the B.S. that headers will lose power down low, that's a complete farce. Long tubes will gain hp and tq at all rpm's, not much down low but a gain nonetheless. As the rpm's climb, so do the gains, and add boost to that for even more.

Last edited:

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hi guys,

Well, since Roush and my local dealership dont know wtf is going on w supercharger availablity and install for 2021 GTs, I've decided to sit it out and accrue some more break in miles and wait til I can go the s.c. route down the road, worryfree...
I want to buy a CAI and tune for the stang, can you guys recommend some good combo's.
Handheld tuners? Tuner's and there tunes? And CAI, preferable a package deal..
I use to have a Livernois handheld tuner along w there tunes for my 2016 Fusion 2.0 EcoBoost that I was very happy with, but I dont think Livernois does much Mustang coyote stuff.
Thanks in advance, everyone.
Anthony
You can't go wrong with a Lund Racing or Palm Beach Dyno tune and device combo. We sell them here at www.lethalperformance.com. Lund Racing uses the RTD and Palm Beach Dyno uses the UCAL. Please feel free to give us a call or send me a message to discuss which would be best for your application.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Roush Performance Pac Level 1 CAI. After installation you take it to a Ford dealer to get the car flashed. Later on I added the Lund 93 octane tune. You need to remove the sleeve from the CAI to accomadate the Lund tune. I love mine.
Sponsored