Sponsored

Best bang for buck bolt on mods for daily driver 2019 GT PP2

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
E85 you can feel below 4000 RPM. Since this is DD, the time spent above 4k is approximately zero so none of the other mods will yield any detectable results. Anchoring the rear of the car to the front helps and is discernable in anything that isn't stop n' go traffic. There are a couple of roads near OP where the road engineer's pen slipped and a couple of bends in the road got put in by accident.

I did an Unleashed Tune for 93 because it noticeably improved engine response and throttle connection. Not because I gained a single HP. $400 for an engine that responds PROPERLY was worth the ask.
Sponsored

babrams3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT C/S Manual FBO
Pre-workout: Basic Bolt-ons
Tren: E85, long tubes,

RowdyS197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Avery
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
On a 18+ just add a better drop in and keep oem intake. Flows efficiently but still keeps iats down vs open intakes.

Tuning for e85, long tubes and weight reduction on rotational mass like wheels and drive shaft are all items that will lead to tangible whp increases, with tuning for e85 being the single best bang for the buck.
This is exactly my opinion as well. I only have headers because I bought my car with them. Unless doing a max effort NA build the best "Best bang for buck bolt on mods for daily driver" are e85 and a drop in filter.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Actually a very good video but their tunes must be a little conservative based on the fact that alltheir pulls weā€™re using an ā€œSTDā€ standard. ā€˜SAEā€ wouldā€™ve had those number an easy 2%-3% lower. And lastly a Reisch thermostat is a silly upgrade on a modern mustang. 5hp is negligible if it even is actually gaining 5hp. Overall great video though.
I think the idea of the 170F thermostat is that when combined with a tune to kick the fans on earlier, the engine will use its cooling capacity earlier to keep CHT and coolant temps lower than the stock programming. Which is technically useful, since the car does pull timing when ECT gets above a certain value. It's definitely chasing tiny gains though.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Been doing some research about what bolt on mod is worth the $. Not looking to do any type of forced induction. Just Intake, Exhaust, & Tune. Current list of mods are MBRP resonator delete Xpipe, 93 octane tune, Steeda lowering springs. How much of a difference does the ported 1320 junkie intake make? Are long tube headers worth the work to install? Is e85 worth it?

All just questions going through my head... All feed back is appreciated.
E85 tune, forged wheels, MGW Shifter and better clutch and call it a day.

Sponsored

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Been doing some research about what bolt on mod is worth the $. Not looking to do any type of forced induction. Just Intake, Exhaust, & Tune. Current list of mods are MBRP resonator delete Xpipe, 93 octane tune, Steeda lowering springs. How much of a difference does the ported 1320 junkie intake make? Are long tube headers worth the work to install? Is e85 worth it?

All just questions going through my head... All feed back is appreciated.
I have a 2020 GT that I've started to add parts to and looking for best bang for the buck, I've added a bdx/act WiFi tuner with 91oct, cam tune (just for shits and giggles), and I'll be getting either flex fuel tune or nitrous tune soon I just haven't decided yet if I'm going to run nitrous. I also have xpipe, jlt cai, tb spacer, lowered on Tien springs, bmr lockout bars, front/rear diff bushings and vertical Link's one thing I haven't gotten and I should've started with is headers I would 100% recommend them they free up a decent amount of power especially with the other supporting stuff like cai, tune and xpipe you'll be amazed the difference I've ridden in a buddies car after he added headers, cai and that's it and the car felt so much quicker.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Tune followed by LTH. Cold air intakes are useless.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
All feed back is appreciated.
Honestly, stay stock.

What is the reasoning for modding an already pretty potent car for daily driving duties? A base GT I would say can be a bit sloppy around town, but with a PP2 should be pretty sharp for the speeds that you would be experiencing on local back roads.

Are you doing it just to say you are modded? Are you racing and/or need to get to work faster?

I've done the modding of a daily driver and it sucks for the most part. You inevitably end up making the car less reliable and less enjoyable to drive.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
On a 2018+ the port makes some decent power, I'd say 10-15hp. Long tubes however will definitely be a good upgrade for you as they will be the best route for a na setup. It is a pain in the butt to install however. When you pair them with an E85 change to your tune, you are looking at some killer gains that you will definitely be able to feel. I highly recommend. Feel free to shoot me a message anytime if you have any questions. Lethalperformance.com
Yep, yep, yep... OSC, JLT CAI, full 3" exhaust with LTH... good tune 465 RWHP.

RowdyS197

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Avery
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Honestly, stay stock.

What is the reasoning for modding an already pretty potent car for daily driving duties? A base GT I would say can be a bit sloppy around town, but with a PP2 should be pretty sharp for the speeds that you would be experiencing on local back roads.

Are you doing it just to say you are modded? Are you racing and/or need to get to work faster?

I've done the modding of a daily driver and it sucks for the most part. You inevitably end up making the car less reliable and less enjoyable to drive.
Can't speak for the OP but I enjoy modding to personalize my car and tailor it to fit my needs/wants and driving style. While it may be "a pretty potent car for daily driving" to you, It may not be for everyone. I've been modding daily drivers for 10 years and have never had an issue I couldn't deal with in a timely manner. It's all about being prepared and having the knowledge/capabilities to fix problems if they arise.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KBOY

KBOY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kraig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 65 Mustang Conv 289 4spd
Honestly, stay stock.

I guess I'm wanting to do it because I can not leave things alone... šŸ˜† agreed that the car is great as is, but if it's as easy as getting an e85 tune and would be as reliable as currently is then why not? I do believe that I've decided against LTH. I have ordered a drop in dry filter and Steeda stop the hop level 1 kit. (So far)

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
but if it's as easy as getting an e85 tune and would be as reliable as currently is then why not?
Exactly. As long as your area has e85 easily available it's hard to argue against it.
Sponsored