Best all around summer tire for the GT - Street / Handling

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I have been doing some research on the best all around performance summer tires and it seems the consensus leans towards the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires. Just curious peoples experience with tires and their performance and if that is the best option to buy for my new wheels.
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a set of 305/30R19 on my PP2 that seem to be great. no issues in the rain and they exceed my limits for dry traction. for me, confidence inspiring.

now, if they are anything like the Cup2, I will not keep them on when the temps get to a low in the mid 40's. They were like driving on grease when the temps were at or below 50. In the 40-50 temp range, a mile or two helped a lot to warm them up but I have a short commute so I just swap in my winter performance tires then. This may be true for all summer only tires.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Indy 500's are a great price\performance if you don't want to spend the money on the Michelin's.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I have been doing some research on the best all around performance summer tires and it seems the consensus leans towards the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires. Just curious peoples experience with tires and their performance and if that is the best option to buy for my new wheels.
Why are you asking if the tires that your car was built with, was delivered to you with, are good tires? Why are you asking for other people's experiences with the tires that are on your car?

OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Indy 500's are a great price\performance if you don't want to spend the money on the Michelin's.
I was eyeing these but could not find a good review on them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Why are you asking if the tires that your car was built with, was delivered to you with, are good tires? Why are you asking for other people's experiences with the tires that are on your car?
They are not on my car, I sold the PP1 wheels and tires brand new, just drove home from the dealership. I have 20" staggered wheels now with cheap tires on them so i could build the suspension out.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
They are not on my car, I sold the PP1 wheels and tires brand new, just drove home from the dealership. I have 20" staggered wheels now with cheap tires on them so i could build the suspension out.
You should add a complete description of your car and all your mods to your sig-line, like everyone else does. It helps discussions go a lot easier when people know what you're driving, and what mods it has.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My Indy 500's have been awesome.

I will go back with these same ones when the time comes, which for me is rare. Night and day difference from the original P Zero Nero's.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I believe there are lots of good things to say about the Indy 500s around here. That will be my next tire choice for a summer tire assuming I can still get my hands on a set.

OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I believe there are lots of good things to say about the Indy 500s around here. That will be my next tire choice for a summer tire assuming I can still get my hands on a set.
This is encouraging since these are $40.00 cheaper per tire.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Tirerack.com has thousands of reviews for every tire.

I put the Indy 500s on my 2016 PP1 GT. They ride extremely well, work well enough to use year around down to the occasional 0 degrees, but you sacrifice steering feel and precision, because they have a very soft side-wall.

OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
You should add a complete description of your car and all your mods to your sig-line, like everyone else does. It helps discussions go a lot easier when people know what you're driving, and what mods it has.
Done, apologize for that.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Done, apologize for that.
No need at all to apologize.

Nice suspension mods.

Spend the additional money and get the 4Ss, if you really want a responsive handling car. The Indy 500s are soft and squishy, but ride better.

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
PS4S is probably the best if price is no issue. I have the Continental ExtremeContact Sport which are fantastic, rate about even with the old Pilot Super Sport, but are a good deal cheaper. Good in the dry, good in the wet, even manage to be driveable if we get a morning in the upper 30s before I get the winters on.
Sponsored