Sponsored

Best all around summer tire for the GT - Street / Handling

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I also live in the mountains and joy ride around the sharp bends, some are like u-turns practically. I just noticed that most reviews rate these tires against others in a class that are mid tier. I know it is subjective but hard cornering is a must for me.
indy500.JPG
This the road I drive all the time. 59 curves with many hairpin in 3.5 miles and an elevation change of 2500 ft. I dont have traction issues and regularly get up to a g on the firehawks and dont loose traction. Like I said I like them its all subjective.
Screenshot_22.jpg
Sponsored

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
My 2017 GT is my daily driver with occasional track days. After considerable research (even on other forums) folks highly rated Atturo AZ850's so I'm trying them now. Better performance for me and the way I drive, great in rain and cold weather, and for my track skills they work great. For my size (255/40/19) I got them for $103.00 per tire delivered. Check some of the Mopar forums and nothing but great reviews. They are quieter than the PZreos that came on the Mustang and provide me better handling. I'm sure there are much, much sticker tires out there as stated in the above comments, but for MY driving, and driving style, they'r serving me great.

OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
This the road I drive all the time. 59 cures with many hairpin in 3.5 miles and an elevation change of 2500 ft. I dont have traction issues and regularly get up to a g on the firehawks and dont loose traction. Like I said I like them its all subjective.
Screenshot_22.jpg
Love the roads in the Appalachians.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
say what? The top 5 A/S tires are much more tire than anyone can reasonably use on the street.
Buying all-season tires is a compromise. You're sacrificing dry grip for traction in the rain. This is not even something that is debatable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Well I haven't read anything bad about the PS4S tires. So really can't go wrong with those.
ps4s.JPG

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I wasn't sure, I think these are new but most likely you are right. They cost the same as the PS4S tires do.
FWIW:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...ort-its-the-continental-extremecontact-sport/

Continental provided competitive tires for A/B testing, and while the Sport was subjectively neck and neck with the Michelin Pilot Sport in feel and performance during the dry portions, it was demonstrably better than the Michelin and the other two tires (Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 and Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position) in wet handling and braking

https://www.continentaltire.com/new...tted-continental’s-extremecontact-sport-tires

When paired with the optional “TrakPak” 3-Way Coilover Suspension System, the ROUSH Stage 2 achieves an astonishing 1.07 lateral g’s on the skid pad.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well I'm gonna toss the Nitto 555g2 into the ring. I have 305/35/19s all the way around on mine and I have zero complaints...even on the track and mountain roads. Plus the price ain't bad either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
The A/S tires are really just as good as the ultra performance summer tires from what I see. Not sacrificing much of anything really. And that is with the previous version of the Michelins.
Ill let you know how the new all season 4 feels compared to the ps4s. Ill have them mounted on Monday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I let you know how the new all season 4 feels compared to the ps4s. Ill be have them mounted on Monday.
Awesome, can't wait to hear your results. I am seriously considering these but not much out there for reviews yet. $30.00 cheaper per tire too.

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 PP1 301A A10
I replaced my factory PP1 Michelin’s and wheels with new wheels and tires. The Indy 500s are quieter than the Michelin’s. That’s about the only difference I experienced. They handle the same and the ride is the same. Which I guess is saying something since I went from 19’s to 20’s. I’m not going to say they are better, but for what I use it for I would never spend more on the Michelin over the Firestone.

OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
I replaced my factory PP1 Michelin’s and wheels with new wheels and tires. The Indy 500s are quieter than the Michelin’s. That’s about the only difference I experienced. They handle the same and the ride is the same. Which I guess is saying something since I went from 19’s to 20’s. I’m not going to say they are better, but for what I use it for I would never spend more on the Michelin over the Firestone.
They aren't rated that much behind the much more expensive tires.
tires.png
Sponsored