Sponsored

Best all around summer tire for the GT - Street / Handling

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Firestone INDY 500 ftw! best bang for the buck... the traction difference between the stock all season tire and this tires are ridiculous... and i have friends with camaro SS, vette, M3 that can say the same... great tire!
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Firestone INDY 500 ftw! best bang for the buck... the traction difference between the stock all season tire and this tires are ridiculous... and i have friends with camaro SS, vette, M3 that can say the same... great tire!
Well of course, the INDY 500s are Max Performance Summer tires.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
no shit Sherlock! thank you for the obvious! :cwl::cwl::cwl:

and nobody said the indy 500 were better than the MPS4... just that the indy 500 are a great bang for the buck... :facepalm:
You seemed over-impressed with the Indy 500s being better than the stock A/S tires. And nobody said they aren't a great bang for the buck, I just wrote the 4Ss are better tires.

Since the OP has suspension mods, and 20" wheels, it's a bit of a toss-up. On one hand the better responsiveness of the 4Ss might be better, and on the other hand the better ride of the 500s might be smart with the 20" wheels.

Potato/potaahtoe.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm the oddball, but love my Continental extreme contact sports. Nice ride, great in wet/dry conditions, and they are quite. 275 up front and 295 out back.

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
PS4S is probably the best if price is no issue. I have the Continental ExtremeContact Sport which are fantastic, rate about even with the old Pilot Super Sport, but are a good deal cheaper. Good in the dry, good in the wet, even manage to be driveable if we get a morning in the upper 30s before I get the winters on.
Another vote for the Conti's.

OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have the Continental ExtremeContact Sport which are fantastic.
How about road noise difference with the PS4Ss? Nobody tests that; only that they're 'acceptable for the segment'. I prefer not to use Michelin again (they refused to replace my brand new tires with A/S3s), so looking for a better alternative in the cabin noise department. Thx.

Firestone INDY 500 ftw!
Same question as above. How about noise differences with PS4Ss? Thx.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I was eyeing these but could not find a good review on them.
Couldnt find a good review? when I researched them I couldnt find a bad one LOL. Short of the high dollar Michelin the fire hawk are about your best bet. IM on my second set. I live in the mountains and they handle rain curves and anything rather well. I hardly ever break traction unless im trying too and even then I launch with these and they stick. The best part then are half the cost of the next best tire.

Of course these are my opinions and tire performance is subjective :) But honestly they are great tires. And fairly quiet as well.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I have the Michelin PS4S tires on my Mustang and Continental Extreme Contact Sport tires on my BMW, and I love them both. It will be tough to decide which to go with when they wear out.

Sponsored

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
How about road noise difference with the PS4Ss? Nobody tests that; only that they're 'acceptable for the segment'. I prefer not to use Michelin again (they refused to replace my brand new tires with A/S3s), so looking for a better alternative in the cabin noise department. Thx.

Same question as above. How about noise differences with PS4Ss? Thx.
I can't speak to the PS's, but I would say that the Continentals a very reasonable. I drive with the windows open quite often and I've never thought, gee I can hear the tires.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So at the end of the day tires and whats best is subjective. Its not gonna be the same for everyone. If money is not an issue then the go to is Michelin. Are they the best? you will hear peopel say yes and no. I have had tire shops tell me the dont last and then others say they do. A good mid grade tire that really does well for the cost is the firehawks. again some like them some dont. tire shops will tell you different stories on them as well. I know people who buy cheap wal mart federals and swear by them. other who wouldn't be caught dead with wal mart tires. asking people on a car forum what the best tire is only gonna start a pissing contest of who is right LOL it is almost the politics of car people .. democrat or republican or Michelin or bridgestone.. it is all basically opinion and you need to find a tire that works for you. But basically the better the performance and higher the cost i have found the shorter the life. the cheaper the tire and less performance the longer it lasts. so that was why I went mid point with the best reviewed mid point tire firehawk and so far its been great. for my purposes. :)

But if you want what is generaly accepted as the best tires on this car from the most people and cost in not an issue the you are gonna want the Michelin.
Screenshot_20.jpg

OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Couldnt find a good review? when I researched them I couldnt find a bad one LOL. Short of the high dollar Michelin the fire hawk are about your best bet. IM on my second set. I live in the mountains and they handle rain curves and anything rather well. I hardly ever break traction unless im trying too and even then I launch with these and they stick. The best part then are half the cost of the next best tire.

Of course these are my opinions and tire performance is subjective :) But honestly they are great tires. And fairly quiet as well.
I also live in the mountains and joy ride around the sharp bends, some are like u-turns practically. I just noticed that most reviews rate these tires against others in a class that are mid tier. I know it is subjective but hard cornering is a must for me.
indy500.JPG

OP
OP
S550_Newbie

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
You're considering an all-season tire? I live about an hour north of you, and I would not even think of installing all-seasons on my car. You have the performance pack and have installed suspension mods. All-seasons will just negate the money spent.
I wasn't sure, I think these are new but most likely you are right. They cost the same as the PS4S tires do.
Sponsored