Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Mystique
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
We're using the Injen EVO9202. It's a closed CAI, 1.23" deep super-nano dry filter, with a clear window so as to see the filter, with an optional filter life gauge, no drilling or cutting, fits very well in the factory airbox slot - and weighs a lot less! No tune required (though it's smart to eventually tune). We're also topping it off with the Velossa Tech big mouth intake. We've also nodded our OEM grille (to be replaced with Cervinis C-series eventually) which we'reincluding pics of. The stock intake side has maybe 5 1/2 holes open for air flow - we just dremel'd the rest out.
20200108_000034.jpg
20200107_222452.jpg
20200107_223714.jpg
Sponsored

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
We're using the Injen EVO9202. It's a closed CAI, 1.23" deep super-nano dry filter, with a clear window so as to see the filter, with an optional filter life gauge, no drilling or cutting, fits very well in the factory airbox slot - and weighs a lot less! No tune required (though it's smart to eventually tune). We're also topping it off with the Velossa Tech big mouth intake. We've also nodded our OEM grille (to be replaced with Cervinis C-series eventually) which we'reincluding pics of. The stock intake side has maybe 5 1/2 holes open for air flow - we just dremel'd the rest out.
20200108_000034.jpg
20200107_222452.jpg
20200107_223714.jpg
How do you compare the Injen to the stock? I really like this Injen intake as it appears to be one of the better built

MustangMystique

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Mystique
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
How do you compare the Injen to the stock? I really like this Injen intake as it appears to be one of the better built
Compared to the ones for the 2019 I've seen in person, and the stock air box - this one feels right at home in the engine bay. It looks the part, fits so well in the odd shaped CAI area, and feels substantial without being heavy/cheap. Made super well, cleans/conditions very nice (I use Griot's Engine Bay Dressing), and the install was simple.
The performance gains - you'll hear the difference. There's a noticable whistle when the manifold is sucking in air. It's loud enough that I've been asked if there's a small turbo with a blow off. It's just a fun, unique sound that I love having! I have noticed throttle response, at the low end, has increase, and there's definite gear change response time difference (ours is the 10R80 Ti-DCT).
Honestly, the stock airbox is great - we had ours with the K&N drop-in, but the performance change was noticable with the CAI, and we prefer it. Do your research, find what speaks to you in fitment, looks, and performance! We're happy to help with any questions!
Sponsored