Ok I will spring for the 3M. Macao was a joke btw

A53325DC-92E7-4989-AF3B-38ED2188A20B.png

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
WD40

After the decal or label is removed, spray WD40 directly on the spot on body and also spray your microfiber. Using the microfiber, rub side to side with a little pressure until the goo starts to break down... repeat until goo is gone off of the car. Then use your car wash soap, rinse and wax. Done.

WD40 will not harm any clear coated surface or painted surface.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I had a situation with my wing where I stupidly tried to use super glue/gorilla glue to secure a part of my spoiler that was coming off, instead of just removing it and reinstalling with 3M body molding tape which I later ended up doing. Anyways, the glue ended up smearing all over the paint on the trunk and the spoiler when I tried to wipe off the excess, and dried white. It was at this point I realized super glue BONDS to the clear coat. I tried using goo gone, WD-40, 3M adhesive remover, polish, even paint thinner with short exposure times, pretty much every chemical I thought would work and nothing worked at all. This was over the course of a couple hours of working my ass off. I then did some research online and everything I could read said you had to sand the paint down and repaint the affected area because you can't remove it. Needless to say I was totally crapped out. I ended up coming across a post buried on a forum from like 10 years ago where somebody said they used aluminum polish, specifically a product called Busch Super Shine Aluminum Polish to remove it. I thought what the heck, if I'm gonna have to repaint anyways if this doesn't work, I'll take the risk and try it out. Long story short, I ended up buying some and used it. It took the glue off like magic, I was amazed. Now, it did leave a slight haze after but I just polished the area a bit and laid a coat of Meguiar's ceramic hybrid wax over and then it looked good as new.

This is probably overkill and should only be used after you try the other methods. But hey, it's always good to have a nuclear option.

Zeb8806

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeb
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium PP
3m eraser wheel is the only way to do it, so much easier then any solvent / chemical.

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
WD40 and fingernail worked like a charm.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
No, it can eat the clear.
Yea, went to the website and saw that. Worked great on the back of the badge though.

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
3m eraser wheel is the only way to do it, so much easier then any solvent / chemical.
This post is old but it was the first one that came up when seeing what worked well for my Mustang brethren with removing emblem adhesive.

The 3M eraser wheel is magic. I bought one a long time ago to remove a pinstripe on another car so after seeing this comment I pulled it out to remove the leftover adhesive.

Adhesive was gone in 30 seconds. No fingernails needed.

I also used a Bondo squeegee to remove the old emblem. Thin enough to get behind the emblem but thick enough to run it around and separate the adhesive.

Hope this helps someone in the future!

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
This post is old but it was the first one that came up when seeing what worked well for my Mustang brethren with removing emblem adhesive.

The 3M eraser wheel is magic. I bought one a long time ago to remove a pinstripe on another car so after seeing this comment I pulled it out to remove the leftover adhesive.

I also used a Bondo squeegee to remove the old emblem. Thin enough to get behind the emblem but thick enough to run it around and separate the adhesive.

Agree 3 m is the best,little expensive.i find goo gone is just as good

199 - Racer X Fabrication