"Below the skin, it’s all supercar..." 2020 GT500 lap time keeps pace with 911 GT2RS

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
My recent trip to test this beast at Exotic Racing Las Vegas got me a best lap time almost a full 10sec slower that the new record below!!! I guess I'm also not a current/former Nascar driver.... Pretty cool to see the 2020 GT500 hanging with the "in crowd".

A cut and paste from an Exotics Racing Newsletter I received today.

NEW FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500
AVAILABLE ON TRACK!
iLXEm2L.jpg

If you’re wondering why the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 is at Exotics Racing, let’s start by saying that it’s no ordinary Mustang. The GT500 comes with 760 horsepower, can reach 60 MPH from a standing start in 3.3 seconds and will dust off the quarter mile in 10.6 seconds. If that doesn’t surprise you then consider this: It corners exceedingly well too.

With wide sticky Michelin tires and an active, multi-mode suspension, the GT500 maneuvers corners at a sizzling rate. You may think that all that power means more fishtailing while trying to bring the Mustang to stop. This is not the case at all! The super-charged 5.2-liter V8 offers its prodigious power in a flow as smooth as any European supercar without wild and uncontrollable surges.

The Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 is a muscle car in name and heritage only. Below the skin, it’s all supercar and that’s why it’s available at Exotics Racing, starting at five laps for $299.
CJPsTLS.jpg

Specifications
Power / Torque ...... 760 hp / 625 lb-ft
Top Speed ............. 180 mph
0-60 Time .............. 2.85 seconds
Engine ................... 5.2-liter V8
Weight ................... 4,225 lbs
Market Value ......... $75,000
Available at Exotics Racing Las Vegas
From $299 for 5 laps

January 2020 Results:

Fastest driver of the month is Josh de Losier, EXR instructor, who scored an incredible lap time of 49.387” – Porsche GT2 RS

Second fastest driver of the month is Jim Polack, with a lap time following closely behind his predecessor at 49.755” – Porsche GT2 RS

Third fastest overall is Romain Thievin, former NASCAR driver and owner of Exotics Racing with a great lap time of 50.075” in the new Ford Mustang Shelby GT500.

VE6lsTg.jpg

Congratulations to all the drivers who joined the Michelin Time Trial World Challenge last month! We all look forward to seeing the new tracks records and results in February, stay tuned!

To see the full rankings: https://exoticsracing.com/michelin-time-trial-world-challen…

The Michelin Time Trial Challenge is available for every supercar driving experience at our Las Vegas racetrack.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Thanks for posting.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Pictures say base. It has to be a CFTP to hang tonight, right??

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The ad says it's a $75k value vehicle, so my assumption is that it's a base.

OP
OP
2020GT500

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
The car I drove at Exotics Racing in Las Vegas, vin 101 chasis 096 (i think), was a base. It did not have the carbon wing or the carbon rims. It did have a backseat.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and no mention of track camber, which tires they used, etc. For shame! :)

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
and no mention of track camber, which tires they used, etc. For shame! :)
None needed....they just removed Randy's sandbags....

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
GT2RS is King right now too. Perfect car to benchmark against.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's a pretty small track there, so the aero on the CFTP car might not help lap times too much. Of course the better tires and lighter weight would help track times.

I told myself I probably wouldn't do this again, but man it would be fun to go run the GT500 for a few laps! I'm jealous of you guys that are getting one.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
It's a pretty small track there, so the aero on the CFTP car might not help lap times too much. Of course the better tires and lighter weight would help track times.

I told myself I probably wouldn't do this again, but man it would be fun to go run the GT500 for a few laps! I'm jealous of you guys that are getting one.
I'm going to bum a ride at a track day once things get delivered.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

I'm going to bum a ride at a track day once things get delivered.
If u guys are serious, contact the gt500 track tour. One of Fords marketing strategies /agencies is called Timepiece ( iirc) and their goal.is to aquire customers from competitors brands. I was on their gt350 list, so i found the old email, wrote and called, and they got me.put on the vegas gt500 tracktour.

I was the only person in my group of 20 or so, that had an order in, the rest were current owners of bmw, camaros vipers ect, everything except Mustangs