Sponsored

Beith Performance Parts Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Review

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I can't say that I've ever seen a pic of one with all perforated leather.

Has anybody seen one, or does anybody have any photos of a wheel with all perforated Leather, with a gray stripe at the top?

Thinking of going with this - all perforated leather, grey stitching and grey stripe at top for my 350. A red stripe would match with the shifter and start button, but not really with the silver grey on the 350 vs the red on the 350R.
Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Has anybody seen one, or does anybody have any photos of a wheel with all perforated Leather, with a gray stripe at the top?

Thinking of going with this - all perforated leather, grey stitching and grey stripe at top for my 350. A red stripe would match with the shifter and start button, but not really with the silver grey on the 350 vs the red on the 350R.
Not perforated all around, but mine should be here shortly.
Leather top and bottom with perforated sides, gray stripe and stitching

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
âś“âś“âś“ I bet it will look really nice. Please share the install what that time comes.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Not perforated all around, but mine should be here shortly.
Leather top and bottom with perforated sides, gray stripe and stitching
Thanks. Def. interested in seeing pictures - thats probably the closest to what I want that ive seen so far. Who knows, maybe ill like that combo even more!

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Anyone know how to contact Tim from Beith Performance? Would love to order a wheel but am not receiving a reply when contacting him via his site and I cannot PM him here.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
It is [email protected]

He is running behind schedule now. I ordered my wheel in May and now it is expected to be finished in August.

Anyone know how to contact Tim from Beith Performance? Would love to order a wheel but am not receiving a reply when contacting him via his site and I cannot PM him here.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Hi ,

For those who installed this steering wheel from Beith.. Did you notice how much heavier it is than stock ? I think I lost some of the road feedback due to that, I am not happy to be honest.
I am not sure what is used to fill in and make it thicker, but it surely feels like it's made of lead, or at least steel filling... covered with carbon fiber.

The stock one weights close to nothing. The Beith performance, although awesome looking, is at least twice the weight, easy.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Hi ,

For those who installed this steering wheel from Beith.. Did you notice how much heavier it is than stock ? I think I lost some of the road feedback due to that, I am not happy to be honest.
I am not sure what is used to fill in and make it thicker, but it surely feels like it's made of lead, or at least steel filling... covered with carbon fiber.

The stock one weights close to nothing. The Beith performance, although awesome looking, is at least twice the weight, easy.
I got an all leather one from him and have no problem with road feel. I like it better cause it's thicker and fits my hands better.
Hated the Alcantara.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I got an all leather one from him and have no problem with road feel. I like it better cause it's thicker and fits my hands better.
Hated the Alcantara.
Yes, but did you compare the weights... how much heavier it is. It will mute some of the feeling due to inertia of steering wheel.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but did you compare the weights... how much heavier it is. It will mute some of the feeling due to inertia of steering wheel.
Never compared the weights. All I know is that it feels better and I got rid of that crappy pseudo suede.
I can see the CF wheels being heavier, but I can't imagine the leather one being that much heavier.
Sorry it doesn't work for you, but works fine for me.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just finished installing:
Installed.jpg

Ordering process
- Smooth. Communicated directly via email. Stayed in touch throughout the process. Took longer than initially advertised—COVID

Wheel
- Very well packaged; no chance for damage
- The CF and leather are extremely good quality (flash makes it seem brighter than it is)
- Stitching is also a work of art
- One exception. Although overall craftsmanship is outstanding, the lack of attention to detail on the backside of the parts is irritating. They cannot be seen, but it would still be nice to know that something so well crafted is perfect “inside and out.” OEM up top. Beith below. Used touch-up paint prior to installing--OCD
Control.jpg

Installation Process
- Important to account for differences between the MYs (or risk having controls backwards)
- Beith did not provide instructions, but plenty of guides online
- Used CJ Pony Parts,
- As noted in the video, removing the airbag while depressing the retainer spring is the most challenging step—wasn’t a matter of finesse, brute strength, or luck, just magic (LMR video may be helpful here)

- CJ video is for installing a GT350 wheel on a non-GT350 (same for LMR); more disassembly/reassembly required with Beith than the videos show. Not only do the controls need to be transferred, so does the wiring harness and the 2-piece rear cover. Everything is straight forward, but as with anything, it’s important to pay attention to the original when disassembling it. Also, the parts don’t fit quite as naturally on the Beith as they did on the OEM. This is minor, but notable.

- CJ recommends using an impact for removal and installation. Impact works great for removal. However, I recommend hand tightening and torquing to spec (35 ft. lbs)

Edit: Notice the gap at the top between the airbag cover and the rear cover. This is the point about a less natural fit. Will have to remove and reposition the rear cover to get the right fit. Hopefully, my retainer spring Kung Fu will be stronger the second time around...

Last edited:

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Nice review!

Note that you can use use 2018+ Mustang controls that swap the volume control to the left side. Just need to cut two wires in the harness and run them to the other side. Having volume on the left side is much better. All my other cars have on the left, so now no chance of me using the wrong controls.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Nice review!

Note that you can use use 2018+ Mustang controls that swap the volume control to the left side. Just need to cut two wires in the harness and run them to the other side. Having volume on the left side is much better. All my other cars have on the left, so now no chance of me using the wrong controls.
Thanks.

Good point. Car is a 2019. Had a 2016 before. Both are the same. Believe MY18 was a 1-off.

I have another car with volume on the left. No problem adjusting to it being on the right. Part of the overall mental leap when I change cars. Honestly, I seldom use the wheel control in the GT350 anyway.
Sponsored