Sponsored

Being denied warranty work because of an H-pipe.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Yea, the dealer's I worked for would have repaired it.
It's not a 10K motor. Even then it's not the dealer on the hook, it's Ford.

Again they are assholes.
Now that I will agree on. More so it's the frigg'n lawyers.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I can guarantee if the repairing dealer called this in under the known problem area the warranty would not be denied.
This is still the part I struggle with. My on earth would the dealer not just fix this and move on. Do you really want to potentially piss off a customer over a broken wire?
I recently had an issue with a throttle body connector that had a broken tab. I noticed it when installing my Ford racing oil separator. Could the dealer have found a way to blame me and say I broke the tab? Sure. But why? Argue with me over a cheap part or make It right, get paid, and move on? Seems like the answer is obvious but OP’s dealer from we can tell is being a pain in the ass

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
As I stated early on. There may be more to this than we know. jus say'n.

OP
OP
Robinc464

Robinc464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1(ordered) 2012 Mini 2017 Lexus RX350
Still waiting on the dealership name. As others have said, Ford denied the claim. The dealer could care less.
I’m gonna wait until we resolve the issue before naming the dealership, I’ve been using them for over ten years and they’ve always been good to me. My service advisor told me the shop foreman is the one who denied the warranty work.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Geez…. How many times does it need to be said and reiterated… the exhaust has been modified by the OP. BOOM, instant warranty denial because the Active Exhaust components (such as the wiring harness) are part of the exhaust/emissions warranty coverage.

Do any of you who keep harping that the warranty denial is “BS, goes against Mag. Act, Dealer this or that, call Ford to make a claim, blah, blah, blah” even READ through your Owners Manual regarding what is and is not covered under warranty? Any modification of a component beyond its “As Built” by Ford can result in a warranty denial, period. It’s printed as plain as day within the “what is not covered”.

Regardless of the AE harnesses chafing or melting being a known issue (because it’s been discussed on here many times), the fact is - the midpipe, which is part of the exhaust/emissions system, which the AE components are a part of too - was not only R&R’d by the OP, but the As Built factory pipe has been replaced by an aftermarket unit. The aftermarket unit is not and will never be covered under any Ford Warranty and goes without saying that any component upstream OR downstream of it can be denied for warranty work because the exhaust IS modified.

He can call Ford Corp and make all the hoopla he wants - in the end, the exhaust was modified, which by Ford Warranty provisions and legal mumbo jumbo is the basis for the warranty denial.

Note to future readers with AE:
Do yourself a favor, check to make sure the AE harnesses are not damaged before performing any exhaust upgrades, Also if doing any exhaust work, disconnect the AE harnesses before attempting any exhaust R&R, even if just upgrading the mid pipe. The problem with the AE harnesses is 1) they’re too short and 2) they’re too close to the exhaust and susceptible to premature deterioration.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Where do you get this? OP said the harness was cut do to a body seam.

Yeah sure the problem did not show up , until after the H pipe install?

2 +2 = OP needs to go back to the installer and make them fix their screw up. Or look in the mirror if it were he, and do the right thing.

>"""installed a Corsa double H-pipe on 10/13 and on 10/17 I got a message saying exhaust selection not available."""<

If it were cut the error would have shown up 10/13. Has common sense been completely canceled ??

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That said, I don't understand why the dealer denied it, unless they submitted it to Ford and got a reply. For the dealer, warranty work is easy money for them and they have no vested interest in sending that work away.
No idea why this dealer did, but have seen situations where a dealer/service manager got put on a short leash by Ford for charging questionable work to warranty. Then is gun shy and overreacts the other way.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Geez…. How many times does it need to be said and reiterated… the exhaust has been modified by the OP. BOOM, instant warranty denial because the Active Exhaust components (such as the wiring harness) are part of the exhaust/emissions warranty coverage.

Do any of you who keep harping that the warranty denial is “BS, goes against Mag. Act, Dealer this or that, call Ford to make a claim, blah, blah, blah” even READ through your Owners Manual regarding what is and is not covered under warranty? Any modification of a component beyond its “As Built” by Ford can result in a warranty denial, period. It’s printed as plain as day within the “what is not covered”.

Regardless of the AE harnesses chafing or melting being a known issue (because it’s been discussed on here many times), the fact is - the midpipe, which is part of the exhaust/emissions system, which the AE components are a part of too - was not only R&R’d by the OP, but the As Built factory pipe has been replaced by an aftermarket unit. The aftermarket unit is not and will never be covered under any Ford Warranty and goes without saying that any component upstream OR downstream of it can be denied for warranty work because the exhaust IS modified.

He can call Ford Corp and make all the hoopla he wants - in the end, the exhaust was modified, which by Ford Warranty provisions and legal mumbo jumbo is the basis for the warranty denial.

Note to future readers with AE:
Do yourself a favor, check to make sure the AE harnesses are not damaged before performing any exhaust upgrades, Also if doing any exhaust work, disconnect the AE harnesses before attempting any exhaust R&R, even if just upgrading the mid pipe. The problem with the AE harnesses is 1) they’re too short and 2) they’re too close to the exhaust and susceptible to premature deterioration.
This just makes to much damn sense. Can’t have this on a social media platform.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yeah sure the problem did not show up , until after the H pipe install?

2 +2 = OP needs to go back to the installer and make them fix their screw up. Or look in the mirror if it were he, and do the right thing.

>"""installed a Corsa double H-pipe on 10/13 and on 10/17 I got a message saying exhaust selection not available."""<

If it were cut the error would have shown up 10/13. Has common sense been completely canceled ??
That’s a stretch. “If” the wire was damaged during the install it could’ve been enough to set off the alert. Or, (now use common sense here) the exhaust was moved just enough to pinch the wire and vibration/heat over the next 4 days caused it to fail.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
You play, you pay. Simple as that.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a stretch. “If” the wire was damaged during the install it could’ve been enough to set off the alert. Or, (now use common sense here) the exhaust was moved just enough to pinch the wire and vibration/heat over the next 4 days caused it to fail.

Think the one stretching, reaching, grasping may be , take a guess.

He said the wire was cut .. again "common sense" .....It's really is not that hard.

Even IF whatever excuse could be made to shift responsibility. It all comes back to the install. Cannot get past that line in the sand, and or jump over it.

The dealer is right to nix the claim get over it. The words warranty service denied, a legal way to put the blame back on the shop or owner without naming names.

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Think the one stretching, reaching, grasping may be , take a guess.

He said the wire was cut .. again "common sense" .....It's really is not that hard.

Even IF whatever excuse could be made to shift responsibility. It all comes back to the install. Cannot get past that line in the sand, and or jump over it.

The dealer is right to nix the claim get over it. The words warranty service denied, a legal way to put the blame back on the shop or owner without naming names.
I don’t know what your problem is of why your talking down to me, I made no position that he has a claim or doesn’t. I simply said your opinion isn’t fact while you insulted everyone in this thread. Buh-bye now.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
This is one of those projects that truly should be done by a reputable shop that will go over the install when finished and insure nothing is touching that shouldn't. wiring or hard parts. I've had both X and H pipes installed on my Mustangs and never has an issue with the AE. I've watched the tech go over the install after he was done to insure that none of the harness was pinched or touching the pipes. I wish the op luck. Sadly, IMHO, he owns this.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
got put on a short leash by Ford for charging questionable work to warranty. Then is gun shy and overreacts the other way.
This
Sponsored