Sponsored

Being denied warranty work because of an H-pipe.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Tell them that Magneson-Moss says they can't deny the claim unless they can prove the modification caused the failure. Modification is not automatic grounds for denying warranty claims.
In theory yes, in real life it’s exactly the opposite… they deny coverage and your are the one left to prove, either through arbitration or court, that your modification didn’t create the problem
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Well then its must be different on the states. Cause up here Ford oks the repairs and time to do it, and the dealership will not lose money doing said warranty work. I ain't talking about other customers that they may not get cause a bay is tied up. Also, how much time you think is really lost in the OP case ? Done in a hour, NEXT haha.
In this case you’re right. But, since the service manager was not able to ok the work without a regional person giving the thumbs up their hands are tied. Can’t blame the service manager for that.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
But, since the service manager was not able to ok the work without a regional person giving the thumbs up their hands are tied.
If it really is the pinch weld, kick this upstairs. Call CS and open a case. Then plaster the dealer on all social media you can.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I sue for everything no matter the value just to keep people and companies accountable. So much BS happening people think can get way with all kinds of crap.

That said, I accept that any non OEM mod I make will void warranty...

Bottom line deal with integrity and I'm the best customer play games and it's gonna cost multiples of what tried to save by screwing me over haha.
you should start a pro Bono legal practice that represents modified car guys like us lol.

In this case you’re right. But, since the service manager was not able to ok the work without a regional person giving the thumbs up their hands are tied. Can’t blame the service manager for that.
I find it odd that something that is a known issue and relatively minor would force a service manager to get an ok from a regional person. It wasn’t like OP needed a replacement motor. In my experience dealing with warranty items with various different manufacturers on issues of this relative significance, the service manager would confirm yes this is the problem and we have ordered you a replacement. Ive never heard of them having to get an ok for such a small item and if they did, they just said the necessary words. They didn’t try to actively get a denial by mentioning a midpipe. It’s not like ford is going to send out the CSI: Los Vegas team to make sure the dealer is being honest about an exhaust harness.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
If it really is the pinch weld, kick this upstairs. Call CS and open a case. Then plaster the dealer on all social media you can.
Why plaster the dealer. The dealer has to do what the zone office dictates. Besides which, the exhaust system was modified. End of discussion. If anything, the op needs to go back on the installer of the H pipe for not making sure nothing was rubbing or pinched.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not like ford is going to send out the CSI: Los Vegas team to make sure the dealer is being honest about an exhaust harness.
probably not, but when warranty and customer service are a cost center, Ford has no interest in losing money by admitting to and fixing their "plainly obvious" mistakes. Has this risen to TSB status yet? Even if not, the first repair/replace should be a given. Now if the same car comes back for 2nd or 3rd incident of the same thing, THEN a little more digging is warranted and maybe a denial. On all such matters it really should be Ford's stance that the fuck-up is always theirs until they have data to indicate it's not. Blame the customer is just plain weak and frankly despicable.

Ford designed it, reviewed it, "QC"d it, and if there is a rash of failures it doesn't take an 80 iQ to figure out Ford owns the problem.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The issue is that the exhaust was modded. That is Ford's out. Not saying it's right.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Why plaster the dealer.
Because this dealer is an ass. If the problem is from a known defect.

Customer service used to be a concern, now SM is the BBB

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t blame the service manager for that.
It's subjective. In my case the service manager where I bought my car said 'ultra gloss tire shine' caused my 5.0 badge on the fender to come loose and he 'would' deny my claim. I then brought my car to a performance Ford dealer, told him what the other service manager said. After he stopped laughing, he said he'll call when it's time to pick it up. No joke.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I can guarantee if the repairing dealer called this in under the known problem area the warranty would not be denied.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Because this dealer is an ass. If the problem is from a known defect.

Customer service used to be a concern, now SM is the BBB
We are hearing one side of the story. Calling the dealer an ass doesn't cut it. You nor I have any idea what has transpired.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
We are hearing one side of the story. Calling the dealer an ass doesn't cut it. You nor I have any idea what has transpired.
I'm going off what the OP said, If he/she lied I"m off the hook.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
That is your prerogative. I'm sure things could have been handled differently. I wasn't there, you weren't there. Unless the dealer chimes in, this is a "He said" kind of story. It would be nice to know the true reason for the claim being denied.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
That is your prerogative. I'm sure things could have been handled differently
Yea, the dealer's I worked for would have repaired it.
It's not a 10K motor. Even then it's not the dealer on the hook, it's Ford.

Again they are assholes.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I can guarantee if the repairing dealer called this in under the known problem area the warranty would not be denied.
So, I keep seeing this about calling ford to “get answers” on coverage or whatever. Are you saying that the tech doesn’t have the authority to just repair the car? I mean, I understand that certain and major components may require a little more due diligence, because of the cost, or maybe quality tracing issues, and require approval from the manufacturer. I have to do this as well at BMW. But outside of a very short list of components, I have free reign to just fix the car.
Sponsored