Sponsored

Being denied warranty work because of an H-pipe.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I can't tell you how many times after getting in my wife's Escape I've stomped the floor looking for a clutch pedal. The only thing worse is going down the stairs and you think there's one more step, but there isn't. :curse:
Or you think there aren’t any more steps but there are lol
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
or if it takes 20 min...
Warranty work pays crap. It was bad 35 years ago and only gotten worse. So the tech, wants to meet or beat that "book time" time isn't putting care into that warranty repair.
It is why it is much better for the customer if the dealership service dept. has what we called the warranty bitch aka the tech that got most if not all the warrant work orders, that tech was hourly pay, not "Flat rate" The difference is the flat rate paid tech, if it pays 4 tenths, and it takes him/her 1 hour and 2 tenths, that tech worked for free 48 minutes, the hourly tech, got paid the 1.2 hours. The dealership owner cared about his customers and doing it this way the tech warranty bitch took care in the repair. and did it right the first time. It is part of the reason he had many 3 generation deep family buyers/customers.