Sponsored

Beginning to think I don't know how to drive a mustang...

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I have a manual and practically have to dump the clutch to peel out. All nannies off. It has a frpp2 kit and still seems docile. I'm not worried about any oh shit moments. Not impressed after 4 years. Need something more.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
From another thread on the traction control but maybe relevant to this one :

From my very limited Mustang experience :

I had a test drive in a GT and it let go a little (I provoked it and I expected it).

It was on a country road that I know well, slightly uphill, not perfect tarmac and around 10 deg C. I put the car in the middle of the road (nothing coming the other way and good visibility before I get flamed ... lol), rolled onto the gas in second and it started to let go at about 4500. I featherd the gas just a little, let it catch and continued well up into third.

When it went, it slid a little down the road camber, not a great amount, but enough to let me know where the limit was, enough to require a little steering correction and enough for the lady from ford sat at the side of me to know about it ...

Other than around the dealers to hear the exhaust in track, the full test drive was in sport + and I didn’t notice the traction light come on (not sure if the mustang tells you when it’s intervening ?).

If the car did intervene it was seamless, it acted exactly as my e36 M3 evo would have done (321 bhp and the last of the M cars not to have any form of traction or stability control).

I’m not sure how much more it was willing to let me play before it would have noticeably intervened - and I wasn’t prepared to find out on a test drive in an unfamiliar car on a public road ... :cwl:

WD :like:
That’s on a 19 UK GT that are a bit down on power but essentially a pp1 with 275 mps4’s and a 3.55. Car had driven about 7 to 8 reasonably twisty miles at that point at a reasonable pace. It was a manual and in sport +, I only moved it into track as we got back to town so I could hear the exhaust.

From my experience I’m confident that driven stupidly and with the nannies turned off, I could get it to swap ends no problem whatsoever ...

Maybe the temp is a bigger factor then it’s given credit for ?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
interesting, it seems we have a group that is yeah me too i cant get mine to break loose and a group that said theirs does easily... curious the differences. but ill go back to my original statement if I have to try this hard and from what some here are saying they also have to do a specific set of things and "TRY" to get it to let loose. IM still not sure how some person not even trying just leaving a mcdonalds loses control the car burns tires and spins out goes into on coming traffic and jumps a hill... but today is me and my buds car day we gonna go find a empty parking lot and give it hell LOL look for me on you tube idiots collection

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not saying it went easily, I actually expected it to let go a lot earlier than it did.

Also agree with your McDonald’s comment - no way it’s swapping ends that easily without trying / without being a complete loon etc (ice, diesel, oil etc excluded) :like:

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
See im thinking its the transmission. most people who say they break traction all seem to have manuals.
I've got the A10 on a 2018 GT. Still have the stock OEM 20 inch Goodyear tires.

I'm constantly warning my boys what to do when the back end breaks lose in case they are driving the car.

Once on the highway I floored it to get away from a car that kept riding my blind spot. The transmission dropped what must have been 3, 4, 5, or 6 gears and I nearly back kicked the car I was trying to get away from.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Nah (from yesterday).. V6 stangs make the most power.. dry roads, crystal clear day and this hydro pole just jumped right out in front of all that awesomeness.
118308122_3152026431561073_6047095702169000674_n.jpg

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Your the first person I think I have ever seen post this on any forum/message board. Either someone swapped a Prius motor in your Mustang without you knowing it or you aren't trying not nearly hard enough. I mean if you are really having issues take all your TC assist off and put it in line lock mode start roasting the tires and disengage and take off while the tires are still spinning if you want to do that donut.

All I ask is just don't be that guy at a cars and coffee when it is your "unlucky" day.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nah (from yesterday).. V6 stangs make the most power.. dry roads, crystal clear day and this hydro pole just jumped right out in front of all that awesomeness.
118308122_3152026431561073_6047095702169000674_n.jpg
Wow, I hate when the poles run out in front of you like that. Tragic.

Have a little patience. You'll crash soon enough.
Oh thank goodness, I was starting to lose hope.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
But see thats what Im trying to say , I dont understand how they lose control even if inexperienced. Hell I try and cant get the car to do these things.
You ain't trying hard enough..:D

That being said I find the rear of this car to be quite stable and really well controlled. You really have to be quite ham-fisted to get this car out of sorts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
You ain't trying hard enough..:D

That being said I find the rear of this car to be quite stable and really well controlled. You really have to be quite ham-fisted to get this car out of sorts.
LOL see... thank you :) i see a few agree with me. maybe we all got bum cars?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
interesting, it seems we have a group that is yeah me too i cant get mine to break loose and a group that said theirs does easily... curious the differences.
Alignment my car was very loose after installing the new swaybar and plates and getting an out of wack alignment. Got it back to my shop to get new tires and alignment and the car now corners on rails and you can’t make it loose. Which is a bit annoying because you take that 90 degree tyrn put the power down ready to correct and the car just rip. My brother was very surprised when he last drove the car says it’s not as fun.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Alignment my car was very loose after installing the new swaybar and plates and getting an out of wack alignment. Got it back to my shop to get new tires and alignment and the car now corners on rails and you can’t make it loose. Which is a bit annoying because you take that 90 degree tyrn put the power down ready to correct and the car just rip. My brother was very surprised when he last drove the car says it’s not as fun.
Off topic sorry but could you share your settings please ?

As you have a euro GT and mine will need the rear end disturbing soon after I get it, it would be nice to have a recommendation for a similar setup and road conditions etc :like:

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Right see... maybe thats it. I put lowering springs on front had mine aligned. Maybe we are set up to perfect. Well at least im not alone several.people feel my pain. Its like somethings missing when the car drives so perfect and hugs corner.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Off topic sorry but could you share your settings please ?

As you have a euro GT and mine will need the rear end disturbing soon after I get it, it would be nice to have a recommendation for a similar setup and road conditions etc :like:

I have Steeda Camber Plates though.

So
F: -1.4 camber, -0.1 degree toe per side. Total toe -0.2
R: -1.4 camber, +0.1 degree toe per side. Total toe +0.2

thing is that adding positive rear toe is what prevents the car from sliding.
Sponsored