Sponsored

Beginning to think I don't know how to drive a mustang...

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
... or do I?

I bring this up cause like most of you I have seen the videos of the wipe outs, the cars and coffee stuff and loosing control. I see the threads and conversations of "all this power" and people cant handle it and learning to not let the back end go all over the place.

I dont have these issues. I give my car hell (19 gt premium , bolt ons, tune) i hit corners full throttle, take hairpin curves wide open, wide open from stop lights. actually most my passengers tell me to calm down a bit LOL. and I dont have back ends flying out, loosing control , crashing, crazy fear of the car and all its power. Hell I go to empty parking lots and long stretches of back woods no where roads and try to get some of this sliding and rear end loosing control action and cant even when I try. This car is stable as a rock. I actually want to have a little out of control fun and cant seem too.

So how do these people just loose control and not able to handle "all this power" under normal driving? Ive had 4 mustangs 2 gts and one cobra and never have I just lost control of the rear end. so either I just dont know how to drive it or I do LOL

Or maybe there has been something wrong with all my cars and they are under powered. lol I just cant understand how people loose control taking off from a stop light , I cant even when I try and they arent even trying.
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
tractio control and advance trac do a lot on these cars, when disabled people over correct or just dont know how to handle em.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
tractio control and advance trac do a lot on these cars, when disabled people over correct or just dont know how to handle em.
My first three mustangs didnt have that stuff and its the first thing I turn off when i get in this car. you think all these videos of wipe outs people have their assist off?

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
My first three mustangs didnt have that stuff and its the first thing I turn off when i get in this car. you think all these videos of wipe outs people have their assist off?
Well, I have no clue... Just inexperienced drivers I would assume

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well, I have no clue... Just inexperienced drivers I would assume
But see thats what Im trying to say , I dont understand how they lose control even if inexperienced. Hell I try and cant get the car to do these things.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
If you are turning off the traction control and not able to get the rear to swing, then you must not be trying hard enough. The Coyote requires revs, so maybe your just not in that spot, or maybe you actually have a brain that prevents you from sending it too hard...which is a good thing.

Lack of brain and lack of inhibition are the major cause of viral mustang videos. Just like with motorcycles, some people don't seem to have that self-preservation gene.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Many, many people have no understanding of car control. The Mustang is very affordable, therefore lots of unskilled and untrained can buy them.
^^^ This. It's a numbers game.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
If you are turning off the traction control and not able to get the rear to swing, then you must not be trying hard enough. The Coyote requires revs, so maybe your just not in that spot, or maybe you actually have a brain that prevents you from sending it too hard...which is a good thing.

Lack of brain and lack of inhibition are the major cause of viral mustang videos. Just like with motorcycles, some people don't seem to have that self-preservation gene.
LOL oh we have several empty kmart parking lots around here. I have taken the assits off and had it in track mode and in sport and I sent it pedal to the floor, cut the wheel. all I did was a circle with some screeching... its killing me to do a donut... hell im trying like hell. Maybe I just need to go to a cars and coffee and leave from there? lol

IM guessing some of these cars we see must be super charged and or modded somehow and then they have the wrong tires on. I mean they so non nonchalantly just lose control like oops. IM over here trying like hell and I cant. :)

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
LOL oh we have several empty kmart parking lots around here. I have taken the assits off and had it in track mode and in sport and I sent it pedal to the floor, cut the wheel. all I did was a circle with some screeching... its killing me to do a donut... hell im trying like hell. Maybe I just need to go to a cars and coffee and leave from there? lol

IM guessing some of these cars we see must be super charged and or modded somehow and then they have the wrong tires on. I mean they so non nonchalantly just lose control like oops. IM over here trying like hell and I cant. :)
you having mods and a tune? And still no go? Something isnt right... Thats weird.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
you having mods and a tune? And still no go? Something isnt right... Thats weird.
right... that s what im saying. car goes like hell in straight line but when I try to get it to break traction ... nada. Hel my buddy has the same exact car with no tune. we went out to a long deserted strech of road and did launches. He has those fancy Michelin tires and I have firehawks. We both turn traction off put(we have a10) car in sport mode and then in drag mode. from a stand still and nail it. his will screech tires and wobble a bit in the back. mine steady as a rock almost no tire screech. my accelerate g force is greater then his too. And in a side by side take off im faster. but for what ever reason I simply can not get this car to " loose control" thats why im dumbfounded as how people just regularly driving do. So like I said I either dont know or do know how to drive the car LOL. Guess im jealous I want so tire screeching sideways fun. hell I need to channel this and go to the drag stripe I should get great launches there :)

FatPat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Manual transmission and traction control off, that's how people hop curbs and hit trees. If you can't slide the rear in first, then you either have super tires, or you aren't sure where the bottom of the gas pedal is. Even with an auto, if you start in 1st, you should be able to spin the tires. In my car with traction control on, I can slide the car around a turn with 3/4ths throttle.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Manual transmission and traction control off, that's how people hop curbs and hit trees. If you can't slide the rear in first, then you either have super tires, or you aren't sure where the bottom of the gas pedal is. Even with an auto, if you start in 1st, you should be able to spin the tires. In my car with traction control on, I can slide the car around a turn with 3/4ths throttle.
Yeah was thinking one difference was the transmissions.

FatPat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yeah was thinking one difference was the transmissions.
I've never driven the A10, but my honda accord can spin the tires. If you use manual mode, you just need to get the revs up a bit. You're not going to burnout at 1500rpm, but get it about 3500 and the tires will spin.
Sponsored