Before and after E85 dyno tune...

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
...actually, my tuner doesn't dyno tune, he street tunes then puts the cars on the dyno's. He may do some fine tuning at that point. I've used the same tuner from day one on my car, so it could be a happy dyno or a sad dyno. It is a dynojet, always SAE corrected. His dyno is outside and quite run down lol No fan is used but the hood is open so take it for what it is worth.

My car is a 2015 auto with 3.55 gears, the mods are JLT, GT350 intake, 1 3/4" long-tubes, x-pipe no cats, a Pypes axle back, a Circle D 4c converter and custom E85 tune. It made 453.6rwhp SAE and 400rwtq SAE.

Not the best pics, the screen is outside..
39506990211_c0187ae527.jpg

A 93 octane run vs an E85 run...
25636588828_d436e7fa32.jpg
Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good numbers!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What was the before dyno curve? 93 octane?

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Strong numbers. I was only at 416hp with the mods in my signature which are similar to yours.

OP
OP
bunk22

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
bunk22

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Strong numbers. I was only at 416hp with the mods in my signature which are similar to yours.
Again, this could be a very happy dynojet. But I have used it since day one so I can at least see the gains on this dyno. Is your dyno a mustang dyno? Regardless, who knows how accurate this particular dyno is. The tuner is well known around here for his tunes and they do run their cars at the track days. The best mod I've done, hadns down, is the Circle D converter, it felt like the car lost 200lbs and it shifts like a mad man. Probably what the 2018 10 speed feels like. I put it in track mode and it is a beast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bunk22

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
What was the before dyno curve? 93 octane?
There were a few, all looked the same, pre 85 tune. The peak was was 424 and 429 rwhp.....torque was around 385ish. So the peak gains aren't much but the gains throughout the curve are pretty good. I don't have injectors though, which at first my tuner advised against. However, he said he discovered a way around it. But it also limits what he can and cannot do. I now what injectors to see what he can do or is he just full of crap?

OP
OP
bunk22

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
In addition, there is no track nearby. When I used to run my C6 Z51 Vetter, every mod I did was tracked. Some mods showed nice dyno gains with nothing at the track. One particular mod, an actual cai intake showed nothing on the dyno but consistent .2 and 3-4 mph at the track. That was the Vararam ram air intake, a mod many Vette guys hated as to install it, had to cut up part of your precious car. So this is just a dyno, no times to back it up. I'm sure with tires and my Circle 4d converter, the car would run some strong times after I got a few passes under my belt. But I'm just guessing right now.

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, this could be a very happy dynojet. But I have used it since day one so I can at least see the gains on this dyno. Is your dyno a mustang dyno? Regardless, who knows how accurate this particular dyno is. The tuner is well known around here for his tunes and they do run their cars at the track days. The best mod I've done, hadns down, is the Circle D converter, it felt like the car lost 200lbs and it shifts like a mad man. Probably what the 2018 10 speed feels like. I put it in track mode and it is a beast.

The Circle D is on my list. Really should have been the first modification though.

christian

Happy Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT
Good info and nice numbers!

OP
OP
bunk22

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
The Circle D is on my list. Really should have been the first modification though.
After the install, I agree. I was lucky or unlucky, in that my stock converter failed, along with my transmission pump. So ended up replacing it with a Circle D...night and day difference in performance. Amazing.
Sponsored