Sponsored

Beefcake Racing Project "Scorcher" Part 2 - Ultimate Header 1 7/8 Header install

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I agree....unless you're making over 1000rwhp, 2 inch headers are an overkill.

Is this the same Beefcake that had a Vortech 99 Cobra back in the day? I remember your screen name from the Corral days.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Someone explain....the graph shows the first pull, obviously at less hp, up to 7500 rpm....and the second pull, obviously more hp, up to 8000 rpm. From all the dyno vids posted, and as has been reported by pbd, whom I trust, it has been shown that some guys report higher numbers just based off raising the rpm on the dyno pulls.
Would it make sense to ask what the hp reading was with at the same rpm. Not suggesting the headers didn't increase power but wondering if simply doing the pull to a higher rpm caused more of the hp gain that has been seen.
In the end, I think we all agree headers do give more hp...for those that want to drop the coin...which is me.
yes, PBD is very meticulous about facts vs feelings. The refuse to show a dyno of their own in anything but SAE, and consitantly say look at the graph vs peak #s. more RPM will make a car faster.
This has been proven in racing for decades now. much the same that if doin headers, on a boosted application, bigger is always better. 2" vs 1.x is a no brainer, unless you have a GT500 thats NOT boosted

The issue, is "beefcake" is forgettingto say that those 45hp, are mostly from going catless. headers gain, but not as much as catless does, so he tried to say when PBD did their test, they only gained 17 Vs BC's 45hp.. very very untrue un underhanded in my opinion.

people keep throwing things like "unless your going for all out" but they fail to mention, these cars make nearly 1000hp with almost no mods. This isnt the early 2000's when 4 digit HP was very hard and very expensive to do. Do the headers right the 1st time. Im not saying dont buy this, im saying, there are other option that have shown to be better already

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I agree....unless you're making over 1000rwhp, 2 inch headers are an overkill.

Is this the same Beefcake that had a Vortech 99 Cobra back in the day? I remember your screen name from the Corral days.
Yessir, been messing with these cars for over 20 years now.

V00D00 said:
yes, PBD is very meticulous about facts vs feelings. The refuse to show a dyno of their own in anything but SAE, and consitantly say look at the graph vs peak #s. more RPM will make a car faster.
Agree 100%, we refer to SAE where alot of guys will want to use a higher STD #. However, I do like to show the STD #s, to give an idea of how much correction went into the sae, and to show if the #s were correcting up or down. Also lets customes see if there was any play going on with the correction to get an SAE. Anyone with common sense knows you can make a dyno correct to about whatever you want to see. So by showing the uncorrected #s along with the corrected, it allows customers to see there is no funny business. I also went through the graph in mulitple sections to go over the mid range gains as well.

And to your second point. Also correct. If you take 3 cars making the same hp, but at different rpms. One making peak power and shifting at 7, 1 making peak power and shifting at 8k, and 1 making peak power and shifting at 9000. All things being equal, the car shifting at 9k will be quicker than the one shifting at 8k, and the one shifting at 8k being quicker than the one shifting at 7k. Anyone that knows anyting about cars knows this. Now, what point this has to do with our header install before and after is completely beyond me.

V00D00 said:
This has been proven in racing for decades now. much the same that if doin headers, on a boosted application, bigger is always better. 2" vs 1.x is a no brainer, unless you have a GT500 thats NOT boosted
So if bigger is better, why does everyone not make 2 1/8, 2, 1/4, headers for the cars?? Bigger is not always better. That is completely innaccurate and incorrect.

V00D00 said:
The issue, is "beefcake" is forgettingto say that those 45hp, are mostly from going catless. headers gain, but not as much as catless does, so he tried to say when PBD did their test, they only gained 17 Vs BC's 45hp.. very very untrue un underhanded in my opinion.
I already said I didn't realize that the car had cat deletes. I don't think you actually read, and you don't actually watch our video. The information is laid out very thouroughly.

As far as what I did or didn't say. I said exactly what was done to the vehicle. We went from stock headers and manifolds to an offroad header setup. That is one modification, and that modification netted us the gains. We can only do so many modifications and videos on 1 car. We chose to start with a tune. Then headers. Next will be the JLT , with a fresh before dyno, so it's done on the same day as beginning #s can vary from day to day. Then we'll be doing the vmp race core. Then we'll be doing the ported Jokerz blower. Then the o/d balancer.

These are the modifications that I want to do and test. Will it be the same mods every customer wants to do, not necesarrily, but it will give a good indication of what people can get. Some people will want to simply do cat deletes, some people will want to do headers. I like headers, i like the gains from headers, I wanted to have ceramic coated headers to help bring down engine bay temps. So, we did these headers and the gains were very good.

V00D00 said:
people keep throwing things like "unless your going for all out" but they fail to mention, these cars make nearly 1000hp with almost no mods. This isnt the early 2000's when 4 digit HP was very hard and very expensive to do. Do the headers right the 1st time. Im not saying dont buy this, im saying, there are other option that have shown to be better already
Really , our car dyno'd 660 stock, 660 is no where near 1000 rear wheel hp. Not even close. I don't know how math works where you live. but a 660 rwhp and a 1000 rwhp car are 2 completely different things. And, not all customers are going to want to push 1000 wheel. Some are going to stay stock. Some will just want a tune, some will want a tune and cai. Some will want a tune and headers, and so on. The reason you have so many different ways to mod is there are different hp levels. And I can almost guarantee, if you have a guy that wants to just to a tune and headers, the guy that goes with the 1 7/8 will have a better overall power band, than the guy with 2 inch at the 7-750 hp level. But again......we offer the 2" for the guys that plan on doing more......

I don't know who you think your dealing with, I have had some of the quickest sn95,s lightnings, s197, and s550s in the country for the last 20 years. Me and my partner put out 1-2 power adder cars a week out of the shop. We have people drive to us from all over the country and internationally. Our reputation more than speaks for itself.

And lastly, I don't know if you think I have a hard on for Ken or something as you keep referencing them. I've known Ken personally for about 14 years, and he is a very competent tuner. I know his family, they have done business with me and i've done business with them. His mom lives 5 minutes down the road from me and he comes from a great family.

So, again, not sure why you have a hard on for us, maybe it's because I think your actions are an embarrassment to the Mustang community. But, if your gonna call out other cars, and get your ass handed to you. Then you need to take it like a man. Not spend all day and night on the computer, trying to get all existance of the race banned from the internet. Go back to being a keyboard racer and leave the real work to real folks.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Sounds like the "lockdown" is coming to an end. :-)

I realize that the subject is quite serious, especially for BeefCake's business, but y'all have to know that from an outsider's perspective, it is somewhat humorous. <grin>

Steve: I'd say Mssr. BeefCake has more than enough creds and it probably isn't the best of Headwork to argue with an expert. I realize, you too know a great deal but you haven't been running a dyno for twenty years either, right?

Agree to disagree, I say but without a doubt, it sounds like Beefcake knows whereof he speaks.

Speedbump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
This thread brought me a few chuckles. Terry knows what he’s doing, his cars have proven it, his businesses rep has shown it. To drag Ken/PBD into it is totally unnecessary and a distraction.

if you don’t like Terry, his business or his business practice then simply move on. Don’t try to drag him down in your posts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Sounds like the "lockdown" is coming to an end. :-)

I realize that the subject is quite serious, especially for BeefCake's business, but y'all have to know that from an outsider's perspective, it is somewhat humorous. <grin>

Steve: I'd say Mssr. BeefCake has more than enough creds and it probably isn't the best of Headwork to argue with an expert. I realize, you too know a great deal but you haven't been running a dyno for twenty years either, right?

Agree to disagree, I say but without a doubt, it sounds like Beefcake knows whereof he speaks.
:)

This thread brought me a few chuckles. Terry knows what he’s doing, his cars have proven it, his businesses rep has shown it. To drag Ken/PBD into it is totally unnecessary and a distraction.

if you don’t like Terry, his business or his business practice then simply move on. Don’t try to drag him down in your posts.
:)

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
When I need mod information on my 2017 Whipple Mustang, Beefcake Racing has been great and honest in sharing information to me.
I sure in the hell do not call Steve (VooDoo)for information because he does not even work on his own Shelbygt500 compared to Beefcake Racing that owns a performance shop.