Sponsored

Beefcake Racing no longer supporting lund tuning after 9/27

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
As of last Tuesday. I have made the decision to no longer offer or support the Lund Racing brand. We removed the brand from our site last week.

I can no longer in good conscience, drive business to them as a company. Not sure if I will make a bigger post or a video describing the treatment I have received the last 6 weeks since swapping tuners on our personal 18 car.

Short story. Mod nats 2021, car running great. Overnight larger turbo. Pcm began resetting itself during runs. For the next 8 months or so because Jr said the issue was not tune related, that is was a mechanical issue. The car went into my crew chiefs shop multiple times. It was ground. It was nvh. It was voltage. It was the alternator. It was the battery. It was the wiring.

We did anything and everything asked of us for months and months. I had began reaching out to multiple tuners for input as we never thought it was mechanical. But, you trust your tuner and Do what they say. Especially when it’s lund.

Several tuners gave me insight. And 2 in particular were in agreement of what the issue was. On June 4th I ran the scenario by Jr and the below text was his response.

After that I continued to seek out advice from other top name tuners. Matt @ JP tuning offered to look at the car and was convinced he could fix it whether mechanics or tune related. Matt isn’t just a tuner. He is a coder, and an engineer as well. Matt was able to find the issue. Write patches into the software and resolve the issue with the car.

I reached out to Lund Sr to let him know we made a change and since then then the entire way this has transpired and the behind the scenes vindictiveness leaves me speechless.
So. After generating approximately 1.2 million dollars in volume at wholesale cost for Lund I choose to say enough is enough.

I’m always happy to talk to people one on one about the situation as well. We, of course, will fulfill anything that remains in the order system through last night. And as always full customer support for those that already have tunes. I will never abandon my customers that have spent money with me.
We are in full support of Matt Honeycutt and JP tuning for our coyote tuning, and Sam @ Coastal for the Gt500 support, and we have also added Ortiz tuning as well. All these guys offer great support, and better pricing as well.

Anyone who knows me, knows I undersell vs oversell. If I don’t think you need it or it won’t benefit you. I’ll tell you. If I don’t believe in it. I’ll tell you. I have probably talked 500 people
If 1 out of throttle body spacers.

After berating us on youtube, working behind the scenses to try to get manufacturers to blacklist us. I just cannot do it. If I don’t believe in it. I simply cannot sell it. And I simply do not believe in them anymore. Therefore I choose to make less money and support other brands I believe in. Give cusotmers the support that we think they deserve.

Stop by and visit our tuning station today to see what we can offer you.
https://www.beefcakeracing.com/the-tune-station/
Sponsored

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You guys have been great helping me out with parts @beefcake recently. And customer service has been top notch! Couldn't be happier. Jake is helping me out with some other bits as I type this. It is a shame to read this but sounds like you're doing the right thing. :like:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's unfortunate. Lund is great until something does not work correctly.

It is never a tune issue. :crazy:

Glad you found a calibrator.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Huh. Well that's unfortunate, but thankfully you have other top notch resources to turn to.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Interesting. Seems there’s been whispers lately about some of the magic at Lund disappearing. Whispers no longer. Glad there’s others to resolve the issue and provide quality service.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Wow!

To say I’m a little surprised is an understatement. You used to push Lund HARD!

Disappointing to see the “breakup” but sometimes all good things come to an end.

Nice to have options... only wish there was an nGauge replacement...

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
As of last Tuesday. I have made the decision to no longer offer or support the Lund Racing brand. We removed the brand from our site last week.

I can no longer in good conscience, drive business to them as a company. Not sure if I will make a bigger post or a video describing the treatment I have received the last 6 weeks since swapping tuners on our personal 18 car.

Short story. Mod nats 2021, car running great. Overnight larger turbo. Pcm began resetting itself during runs. For the next 8 months or so because Jr said the issue was not tune related, that is was a mechanical issue. The car went into my crew chiefs shop multiple times. It was ground. It was nvh. It was voltage. It was the alternator. It was the battery. It was the wiring.

We did anything and everything asked of us for months and months. I had began reaching out to multiple tuners for input as we never thought it was mechanical. But, you trust your tuner and Do what they say. Especially when it’s lund.

Several tuners gave me insight. And 2 in particular were in agreement of what the issue was. On June 4th I ran the scenario by Jr and the below text was his response.

After that I continued to seek out advice from other top name tuners. Matt @ JP tuning offered to look at the car and was convinced he could fix it whether mechanics or tune related. Matt isn’t just a tuner. He is a coder, and an engineer as well. Matt was able to find the issue. Write patches into the software and resolve the issue with the car.

I reached out to Lund Sr to let him know we made a change and since then then the entire way this has transpired and the behind the scenes vindictiveness leaves me speechless.
So. After generating approximately 1.2 million dollars in volume at wholesale cost for Lund I choose to say enough is enough.

I’m always happy to talk to people one on one about the situation as well. We, of course, will fulfill anything that remains in the order system through last night. And as always full customer support for those that already have tunes. I will never abandon my customers that have spent money with me.
We are in full support of Matt Honeycutt and JP tuning for our coyote tuning, and Sam @ Coastal for the Gt500 support, and we have also added Ortiz tuning as well. All these guys offer great support, and better pricing as well.

Anyone who knows me, knows I undersell vs oversell. If I don’t think you need it or it won’t benefit you. I’ll tell you. If I don’t believe in it. I’ll tell you. I have probably talked 500 people
If 1 out of throttle body spacers.

After berating us on youtube, working behind the scenses to try to get manufacturers to blacklist us. I just cannot do it. If I don’t believe in it. I simply cannot sell it. And I simply do not believe in them anymore. Therefore I choose to make less money and support other brands I believe in. Give cusotmers the support that we think they deserve.

Stop by and visit our tuning station today to see what we can offer you.
https://www.beefcakeracing.com/the-tune-station/
Good luck shifting to another better after sale tuners!
I never regret dealing with Luis & Lee ( Ortiz performance ) such great guys!

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Ive read a lot of bad things about Lund and my own personal experience.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I thought long and hard about which tuner to use when I went to the 2018 IM. Lund was at the top of the list, but reading about people's experiences with them sent me to Palm Beach Dyno.

JR

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone other than lund offer the multi tune feature? Kind of ridiculous how much they're asking for it, but if its the only option what choice does anyone have. Its like 1650 bucks for it, like damn, seems a bit much for an NA tune

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What do you mean by multi tune?

check out 5 star tuning, I think they charge 20 for each additional when ordered at the same time. I think you can get it through lethal, or direct.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Does anyone other than lund offer the multi tune feature? Kind of ridiculous how much they're asking for it, but if its the only option what choice does anyone have. Its like 1650 bucks for it, like damn, seems a bit much for an NA tune

What are you looking to do? We offer several different tuners for this reason!

Check out our updated tune page- https://www.beefcakeracing.com/the-tune-station/

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
What do you mean by multi tune?

check out 5 star tuning, I think they charge 20 for each additional when ordered at the same time. I think you can get it through lethal, or direct.
Lund seems to have teamed up with PCM Tech in Australia to offer a tune you can switch on the fly using steering wheel controls. You dont need to reflash to go from 93 to flex to e85 or ghost cam.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I thought that tune was mainly for Ecoboost vehicles

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
only takes 2-3 minutes to flash, go with one of our great tuners, and pay 1/4 the price of that setup..... its not like you are running 93 or e85 tune at the same time to need to switch on the fly. its bascially novelty
Sponsored