Sponsored

Because if you buy a sports car with an automatic, you deserve to sufferJasonCammisa , 2021

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
747 for sure. Queen of the skies. Upper deck for me.
To each their own. Enjoy the flight. In the pic below the guy in the front seat drives a '19 GT350
and Jason Cammisa is in the back seat (the pilot in command seat)

Screenshot-4.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I know you're taking the piss, but even the automatic cars are slow if we're talking actual fast car standards, lol. The half a second difference isn't going to matter if you're going up against a 10 or 9 second car. We're all slow until you throw boost at these cars/

OP
OP
IMadeYouReadThis

IMadeYouReadThis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual
My car was something I bought off the lot, GT Premium with the manual. It was my local dealer, and he actually had two to choose from. You might well be right, as the manual is slowly dying, even in performance car segments. I know the 10A is simply faster, but it just doesn't have the same level of enjoyment to me. I wonder how many buy the 10A specifically because it is faster, or rather because its easier or they just don't know how to drive a manual.

Guaranteed they just don't know how to drive a manual. 100%

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
My car was something I bought off the lot, GT Premium with the manual. It was my local dealer, and he actually had two to choose from. You might well be right, as the manual is slowly dying, even in performance car segments. I know the 10A is simply faster, but it just doesn't have the same level of enjoyment to me. I wonder how many buy the 10A specifically because it is faster, or rather because its easier or they just don't know how to drive a manual.
Good point and likely true. The difference between auto and manual is the difference between fluid and friction coupling. Friction has immediate control and feel. I think that is why it is more interesting and fun to drive. Fluid has slip. But I would not want to live in an auto world without fluid coupled transmissions. No right or wrong, it depends on how you use the car. For me, friction coupling puts the sport in a sports car.

For guys who live their lives one quarter mile at a time, Long live the A10.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
All of the above, in different proportions for each group of potential buyers
Performance-oriented
People who buy for transportation
People who buy for appearance and feature content above most else

I'm also going to add that the sales and finance departments at your dealer have a vested interest in stocking AT cars over MT cars, assuming comparable feature content otherwise. Most people tend to buy what's in stock, or what can be obtained through a dealer trade (which isn't likely to involve a different transmission as other content fitment, their sales and finance guy thinking along the same lines as the ones at your store).

Norm

Last edited:

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Interestingly, Bill at CJ pony parts seems to really dislike the A10. He said so in a video.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Interestingly, Bill at CJ pony parts seems to really dislike the A10. He said so in a video.
Any idea what he didn't like about it? Or at least under what conditions it wasn't living up to expectations?

It's too hard for me to sit through a video that's probably at least ten minutes long just to pick out the 15 or 20 seconds that'll be the part I want to hear. Let's just say that most videographers run through their content faster than I care to keep up with, let alone get my own comprehension from, and leave it at that.

Norm

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any idea what he didn't like about it? Or at least under what conditions it wasn't living up to expectations?

It's too hard for me to sit through a video that's probably at least ten minutes long just to pick out the 15 or 20 seconds that'll be the part I want to hear. Let's just say that most videographers run through their content faster than I care to keep up with, let alone get my own comprehension from, and leave it at that.

Norm
Hunting during normal driving. Too many vids to look through!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks

I don't blame you one bit on that!

Norm
That’s what drove me nuts when I drove a friends car. I walked away liking my A6 better in all aspects except 1/4 mile runs which were impressive.

Sponsored

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
I briefly owned a 2018 Raptor pickup. Nice vehicle, but I really didn't care for the A10. It routinely skips gears, but not always smoothly. If any of you have driven a vehicle with the ZF8HP automatic 8-speed transmission commonly found in RAM half ton pickups, I think you'll agree it is a nicer transmission. Exceptionally smooth, in my opinion.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I think the problem with the A10 is 10 speeds and questionable programming. In normal mode, you are in 10th gear at 45mph, which means each gear is good for 4.5 mph. With so many gears, each covering a very small range, you are going to get some gear hunting. There are modes that hold gears longer.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s a trade off.
I think the problem with the A10 is 10 speeds and questionable programming. In normal mode, you are in 10th gear at 45mph, which means each gear is good for 4.5 mph. With so many gears, each covering a very small range, you are going to get some gear hunting. There are modes that hold gears longer.
The A10 is an awesome transmission. I think intended use/priorities are important here. If you like acceleration as a priority, A10. If you want stout, reliable comfortable street performance, A6 and if you want what you want when you want it, M6.
I think the A6 is way under rated and dismissed. It’s one of the best automatics Ive ever driven next to my turbo 400.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It’s a trade off.

The A10 is an awesome transmission. I think intended use/priorities are important here. If you like acceleration as a priority, A10. If you want stout, reliable comfortable street performance, A6 and if you want what you want when you want it, M6.
I think the A6 is way under rated and dismissed. It’s one of the best automatics Ive ever driven next to my turbo 400.
Brother-in-law has turbo 400 in monster engined Chevelle. It will handle a lot of horsepower. I like that A10 in track or drag mode and shifter in S. It works great and no annoying rev matching.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Gee, another "Manual is superior to automatic" thread.

It's like saying masturbation is better than actual sex...
...well, you can have anyone you want................
Sponsored