Sponsored

Because if you buy a sports car with an automatic, you deserve to sufferJasonCammisa , 2021

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
IMadeYouReadThis

IMadeYouReadThis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual
I thought the suffering was reserved for us as they easily gap us from a light?
The only one suffering is the automatic driver who gave up all the fun and control by not getting a manual.

The shame I imagine is felt every time he shifts from park to drive.

Who cares if its computer makes it faster, an automatic mustang has no soul

Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
If modern science devises a way to measure the "soul" of inanimate objects, then determines that automatics actually have more "soul power", what mental gymnastics will manual drivers move on to?

When manual transmissions were faster, manual drivers would proudly say it.

Now that automatics are faster, manual drivers sputter about "giving up all the fun" and the car having no "soul".

Hate to break it to you buddy, but the "soul" doesn't live in any one part. The "fun" isn't in any single pedal. They're in the whole car, packed in tip to tail.

Artist impression of happy automatic car's soul:

200w.gif

Soul of car owned by The Manual Curmudgeon:

tenor (14).gif

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I used to say the same exact thing. Then after driving a A10 around the block I was sold. To me it actually is fun to drive. It’s not even comparable to the old autos. And the diff drive modes helps too. Never in my life would I have ever thought I would have a mustang that was not a manual, gave my buddy hell for weeks for it. Then he talked me into driving it. I was sold and never even test drove a stick car.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Wow...a 3rd thread on this topic.

Fun.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
I used to say the same exact thing. Then after driving a A10 around the block I was sold. To me it actually is fun to drive. It’s not even comparable to the old autos. And the diff drive modes helps too. Never in my life would I have ever thought I would have a mustang that was not a manual, gave my buddy hell for weeks for it. Then he talked me into driving it. I was sold and never even test drove a stick car.
i was the same way. my first mustang was/ is a stick- i vehemently refused to get an auto and if i looked inside a mustang, vette, camaro, etc and saw auto, id poke fun. still have that car but also have a 19 A10 and i am blown away at how much i like it. it is worlds different than whatever auto was offered in 95 (4R70?). im a manual guy at heart but i can fully appreciate the auto desire. it is downright fun to drive in sport or track modes. as discussed in the other auto vs manual man-pedal measuring thread, i guess this makes me bi-transmissional or something like that lol. were it my only performance vehicle, however, id have gone manual. id take the added fun of a manual over the extra performance you can achieve with the auto, i dont race anyways.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I think this speaks for itself :giggle:

Sponsored