Sponsored

Be EXCEPTIONALLY CAREFUL about what you mention online right now...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Whatever you feel for Lund Racing or Alex is way beside the point. The point is our hobby is well under attack and we CANNOT WIN UNLESS WE ARE SMART, COMPOSED, AND COLLABORATIVE. No stupid burnouts in front of capitol buildings bullshit or sending aggressive letters to our legislators, etc. That and tough guy nonsense is EXACTLY what the government wants from us so they have a reason to can our asses. Stop mention certain...parts online and on youtube etc etc. You know what is meant by that, don't act dumb or naĂŻve. We need to be ULTRA COGNICENT for the time being. And go onto Sema's website and support the RPM Act or just google RPM Act Sema.

1:50 - 17:40

Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
My emissions are a problem compared to at least 52(FIFTY-TWO) volcanoes CURRENTLY erupting!

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
This topic was discussed in 2016 too.

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I don't understand how you can shut down an industry that can legit sell parts for "off road use". Down here I can put what I want on the car, but if I get pulled over and its an 'illegal' item, I can either choose to get it 'engineered' (blue plate shows its a safe item) or *I* go and get it taken off and get the car inspected. Why don't they just leave the onus on the cars owner, not the 3rd party companies?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't understand how you can shut down an industry that can legit sell parts for "off road use". Down here I can put what I want on the car, but if I get pulled over and its an 'illegal' item, I can either choose to get it 'engineered' (blue plate shows its a safe item) or *I* go and get it taken off and get the car inspected. Why don't they just leave the onus on the cars owner, not the 3rd party companies?
Because they're poor and there's too many layers between them and the end user. It's literally just easier for them to get the products banned entirely on a technicality.

Sponsored

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
Man China over there changing the color of the sky and the EPA over here worried about longtube headers.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Not to change the flavor of this thread but, here in CO, the street racers are doing their best to piss everyone off and get our hobby shut down. Multiple crashes, shootings, closing down the highway for racing. Shit like that is only going to accelerate any and all government intervention against car enthusiasts. There's already rumblings here of having cars with modifications instantly impounded to curb the street racing issues. Before if you had a non-CARB blower or catless long tubes, etc, they MIGHT give you a ticket and tell you to fix the car. Now they're talking about impounding the car until you have it towed to a "certified" shop to put it back to stock. And you know what, I can hardly blame them. On my way home last night a group of street racers nearly took me out - passing me on the shoulder at about 150+ before almost smashing into a semi trying to merge onto the highway. Anymore you cringe at going out after 6pm for fear of running into shit like that. Then you have all the MOPAR guys (around here anyway), doing donuts in people's neighborhoods at 3am waking everybody up (around here it's almost always the MOPARs pulling that shit). The a-holes of our hobby really are burying it for the rest of us, quickly.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Its unfortunate how irresponsible some people are and because of their arrogance, the government is going to NERF the heck out of everything.

Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Saw a Dodge Charger smash into a cart last night doing doughnut in parking lot
I laughed
I was at Costco getting gas and some a-hole with his ridiculous straight pipe Harley just had to blip the throttle twelve times before he parked it to get gas.

Then he dropped it. I had to laugh, and I confess that I might have used a profane word in expressing to him my displeasure in his behavior. Several of us pumping gas applauded. I thought about explaining to him what noise pollution was, but as he was what he was, I figured it would be a waste of time.

And no, I did not help him pick it up.

As for street racing, we're having issues with that here as well. You can race a stock car just as easily as a modified car, FWIW. It's just quieter about it, generally speaking.

Reactions: XS

DarkSp0t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Being environmentally conscious and being a car enthusiasts should not be mutually exclusive.

I get 13 miles to the gallon in my GT350 with e85. I get 17 in my 06’ GT with Long Tubes.

In both situations I left on the cats and tried to follow the laws laid down by the federal government.

The guilty party here is the enthusiast who remove the cats / straight pipe a car and then daily drive it instead of the intended track use.

If not for those individuals we wouldn’t have to worry about if we could legally tune our cars in the future.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Being environmentally conscious and being a car enthusiasts should not be mutually exclusive.

I get 13 miles to the gallon in my GT350 with e85. I get 17 in my 06’ GT with Long Tubes.

In both situations I left on the cats and tried to follow the laws laid down by the federal government.

The guilty party here is the enthusiast who remove the cats / straight pipe a car and then daily drive it instead of the intended track use.

If not for those individuals we wouldn’t have to worry about if we could legally tune our cars in the future.
You have long tubes with relocated cats and a tune, its already against the law...

DarkSp0t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
GT350
You have long tubes with relocated cats and a tune, its already against the law...
Fair enough. What I was attempting to say was it is not an “off road” pipe which is what is currently being attacked.

To make no effort or to completely circumvent the effort is the egregious act the government is currently eyeing.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, this is a west coast problem. I can guarantee they won’t be hitting speed or bike shops around the motorcity. You can literally go anywhere around here and get your cats cut off.
Sponsored