Sponsored

Be EXCEPTIONALLY CAREFUL about what you mention online right now...

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Man,........what happens to all those Youtubers with these highly modified car channels??
Are they going to have to get regular 9-5 jobs like the rest of us after this is all said and done??
LOL

I kid, I kid.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Definitely not west coast problem, GA is trying to enact a law that makes spinning tires on public or private property a felony, with possibly of car impounded until case is resolved. Also lots of other parts, special registration of high HP cars, huge street racing penalties. I support any kind of prosecution of illegal street racing, but they are over the top on some of the parts of the law.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Not to change the flavor of this thread but, here in CO, the street racers are doing their best to piss everyone off and get our hobby shut down. Multiple crashes, shootings, closing down the highway for racing. Shit like that is only going to accelerate any and all government intervention against car enthusiasts. There's already rumblings here of having cars with modifications instantly impounded to curb the street racing issues. Before if you had a non-CARB blower or catless long tubes, etc, they MIGHT give you a ticket and tell you to fix the car. Now they're talking about impounding the car until you have it towed to a "certified" shop to put it back to stock. And you know what, I can hardly blame them. On my way home last night a group of street racers nearly took me out - passing me on the shoulder at about 150+ before almost smashing into a semi trying to merge onto the highway. Anymore you cringe at going out after 6pm for fear of running into shit like that. Then you have all the MOPAR guys (around here anyway), doing donuts in people's neighborhoods at 3am waking everybody up (around here it's almost always the MOPARs pulling that shit). The a-holes of our hobby really are burying it for the rest of us, quickly.
All of this.

EPA, cops, others are saying FAAFO. It's the same with people daily driving cars they've removed cats from. They know that it's wrong, but they just don't care. It doesn't matter that there are other things that pollute; this isn't a zero sum game.

We can thank those individuals for the recent actions by the agency. Any suggestion to the contrary is ignoring reality and letting emotions cloud judgment.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Definitely not west coast problem, GA is trying to enact a law that makes spinning tires on public or private property a felony, with possibly of car impounded until case is resolved.
Huh?!?
Surely on my property I can spin tires all day long, and whoever has a problem with that can just stuff it.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Huh?!?
Surely on my property I can spin tires all day long, and whoever has a problem with that can just stuff it.
yeah, sorry it’s currently a misdemeanor not a felony....I assume the wording leaves an out if you do it in a manner which is safe....as in no danger to people or property...
Current law.
https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-40/chapter-6/article-11/40-6-251/

they have a new one in process that is much more onerous...Georgia Senate Bill 10.
Sponsored