Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
In this video, we spend the afternoon racing a stock 2020 GT500 CFTP against a stock 2013 GT500... we do many races from various speeds as well as from a dig! Win some... lose some... we had a blast! I then let the 2013 owner take my CFTP out for some spirited fun! You'll see what worked well and not so well for both cars!

Sponsored

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Great video! Great to see the evolution of the GT500 nameplate.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Cool. One good thing about being in the great nation of Texas, it does not take long to get down to Mexico. Maybe one day, if my car ever shows up (it will lol), we can meet up.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Cool. One good thing about being in the great nation of Texas, it does not take long to get down to Mexico. Maybe one day, if my car ever shows up (it will lol), we can meet up.
Heck yes! If you ever head towards DFW, holler at me.

Sponsored

Bill Hamilton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1, 2014 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ecoboot Mustang Pony Package Convertible
Thanks, great comparison!. I've driven both and they are definitely two different cars. When driving the 2020 on the track at the GT500 Track Adventure in Concord, NC, I kept wanting to look down at my feet to see who was working the clutch, beeping the throttle, and down shifting for me into and out of corners. Truly an awesome vehicle and epic adventure in driving.

However for now anyways, I'm hanging on to my 2014 GT500. Shortly after I bought it in 2014, Gary Patterson told me in Vegas, "They will built another GT500 one day, but you have the last of the big blocks". I kind of like the ring to that (LOL).

They are both super vehicles and capable of commenting a "felony" in less than 10 seconds when you nail the throttle. Also it shows what an extra 98 hp can do on the straightway.

Thanks again for the real world street comparison, good job.

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Another great video Tim.

Finding the right gear from a roll is critical, as you discovered.

Auto shifting is phenomenal in the 2020, but on a roll, the driver must initiate paddle override for the kick...then...let the magic take over.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Thanks, great comparison!. I've driven both and they are definitely two different cars. When driving the 2020 on the track at the GT500 Track Adventure in Concord, NC, I kept wanting to look down at my feet to see who was working the clutch, beeping the throttle, and down shifting for me into and out of corners. Truly an awesome vehicle and epic adventure in driving.

However for now anyways, I'm hanging on to my 2014 GT500. Shortly after I bought it in 2014, Gary Patterson told me in Vegas, "They will built another GT500 one day, but you have the last of the big blocks". I kind of like the ring to that (LOL).

They are both super vehicles and capable of commenting a "felony" in less than 10 seconds when you nail the throttle. Also it shows what an extra 98 hp can do on the straightway.

Thanks again for the real world street comparison, good job.
Another great video Tim.

Finding the right gear from a roll is critical, as you discovered.

Auto shifting is phenomenal in the 2020, but on a roll, the driver must initiate paddle override for the kick...then...let the magic take over.
Thanks guys! I appreciate the positive feedback. We both had a good time out “playing” to see how the two cars in stock form stacked up to each other. Both are great cars!
Sponsored