Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
  • Banned
I bought battery tenders (TM) before 2 of them about 12 years ago. the brand is "Battery tender"
What other brands are good and what should one steer clear of.
I don't mind paying a little more for a unit that works like it should for years.
I haven't even started to look for them yet, and will look at what the "battery tender brand has out now. but what other options/brands are good.
Thanks.
Sponsored

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I tried a few before settling on the Noco Genius 10 https://no.co/genius10

I was able to quickly/easily convert the clips to rings that I was able to permanently connect to my battery/ground and then hide just the quick connect socket under the passenger strut tower cover. It allows me to quickly connect/disconnect any time I want with a solid plug-in connection. It offers full battery charge (e.g. charge a dead/discharged battery) and trickle charge if left on all the time.

I tried a battery tender Jr. but I didn't feel confident with it connected with just clips. I also wanted something I could use to charge a dead battery if needed as well.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
They all do the job, I've had many brands over the course of the last 20+ years.

My current favorite is one marketed by Die Hard, mainly because they can do both 6 and 12V and it knows the difference.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Walmart... they carry good chargers at good prices. The only thing to be aware of is some chargers work on standard batteries and some for AGM types. Some charges have both settings.
I also put the quick connector into the lower windshield cowl for quick connects without even opening the hood.

OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
  • Banned
Walmart... they carry good chargers at good prices. The only thing to be aware of is some chargers work on standard batteries and some for AGM types. Some charges have both settings.
I also put the quick connector into the lower windshield cowl for quick connects without even opening the hood.
I am assuming the oem battery is the run of the mill lead/acid not an AMG

Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I've been using Battery Tender products for years now and have been happy with them.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I bought a cheap $30 charger/tender from Amazon, came w two plugs direct connect and cigaretee lighter plug. I do the tender charging if not driven longer than one week. Keeps battery last longer, I think.

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Battery Tender is still the way to go. Great charger. CTEK also a good popular one.
CTEK are good, but they are FAR overpriced for the same microprocessor that many use.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
NOCO, or Battery Tender. Many others will work just fine as well.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
CTEK are good, but they are FAR overpriced for the same microprocessor that many use.

Yeeahhhh, I don't disagree. But I got my AG battery and needed a tender with the quickness. Battery Tender has lithium tenders now also and watned to go that route, but the one(s) I picked out weren't available. Got 10% off my CTEK, so...win some lose some.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Used CTEK for many years, but have switched to Schumacher - for a variety of reasons, which include both lead acid and lithium charging choices from a singular unit, plus they show % of charge.
I use these on a range of vehicles from 1965 Shelby GT350 (2), 2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 Corvette Z06, 1986 Corvette IMSA Trans Am race car, and sometimes my daily vehicles.

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
another vote for NOCO. I had Battery Tenders and they are good. I think NOCO had better options. Plus I bought their jump pack, which has been great too.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Not sure if this matters but when i bought a new trolling motor battery a few weeks ago the store owner warned me to not allow the battery to completely discharge. He said the newer chargers will not recharge a dead battery. As it happens an old heavy duty charger/starter I had for decades went bad.
Sponsored